New members please read

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Oly

Calgon take me- away...

Purred: Tue May 20, '08 6:57pm PST 
New members please read

First welcome to Pen Paws!
We are so happy to have you join our little group.

I'm sure you're wondering what you do now... Well keep reading.

What we do:

We are a group that meets kits & pups from around the world & here in the states. We learn about them & where they live by sending postcards to each other & by posting in the group.

Much of what we do does require your real life address so be sure to talk to your mom or dad before & get their okay. If your mom or dad is under the age of 18, make sure they get their pawrents approval too!

So once you decide it's okay to share your address what you knead to do is send it to one of the admins.

NEVER post your address on here. We are thinking of your safety.

If you don't feel comfortable in giving out your address but would still like to be a part of the group you can do that too!

We also have a email pals thread that anyfur can sign up in. What we do there is have you post your email (you can get your own email seperate from your pawrents at yahoo or msn). Once you post it I will add it to the first post of that thread.

Then you can go through & send e-postcards to each other! Some good sites to find those are:

http://www.actioncat.com
http://www.mypostcardmaker.com

However if you would prefer to do neither, we welcome anyfur who would like to make new friends. You can be a part of it by posting in the group.

What happens now?

Generally what we do is make up a list of everyfur who has sent their address, then figure out who they will send to & who will send to them. (We post a sign up thread for each round we do. So no worries if you don't want to send every time.)

Then we send those lists out with the addresses kneaded & the kit/pup gets some postcards or cards, whichever is easier & sends them to the kits/pups on their list!

We value your input because this is your group too! If any member ever has any questions, comments or concerns please do not hesitate to one of the admins. We promise to work hard to make this group a pawsome one!

The Golden Rule.

We want this group to be a safe way for us to have fun. That being said we want everyfur to know that we take the responsibility of having your addresses very seriously.

If at any time you want to stop we will remove your address.

If anyfur ever gets anything threatening, or unwanted from a member please let us know immediately.

We don't think this will happen because we believe in our members. However if it should we will not hesitate to speak to the member & to remove the member & contact Catster &/or Dogster HQ about it as well.

Meet our admins:

Tigress
Shamus
Alfie
Nermal
Snoopy
Jake

To break down a little of what each do:

We handle things like getting the new addresses & updating the postcard lists, making up the lists & fielding questions, problems & general group stuff.

We check out kits & pups. If we think they might be "fakes" where someone has taken another kit or pup's pic & put them up as their own. This unfortunately happens.

As I said this is meant to be a fun group & a safe one. So welcome to Pen Paws, we are glad you are here!

Bonks & Purrs,
Tigress & the Admins

Edited for updates

Edited by moderator Thu Jan 24, '13 12:24pm PST

Oly

Calgon take me- away...

Purred: Thu May 22, '08 1:32am PST 
Just bumping up for the new members to see. hamster dance

Oly

Calgon take me- away...

Purred: Wed Jun 11, '08 1:55pm PST 
Bump hamster dance

Gypsy Simone- - A Special- Angel

Small Dogs Rule

Purred: Tue Jun 17, '08 1:08pm PST 
Ohh! Can I help? Gypsy pushes the post to the top, and gives Oly a big kiss.

Tigress

How may I pounce- you today?

Purred: Fri Jul 4, '08 9:56am PST 
Hey Gypsy lets give this a bump together! MOL

Edited by author Fri Jul 4, '08 9:57am PST

Tigress

Purred: Sat Jul 5, '08 1:37pm PST 
bump bump...waddle waddle... bump bumpshrug

Tigress

Purred: Sun Jul 6, '08 1:55am PST 
More bumps.. I may even work off this waddle with all the bumps!!!way to go

Frederic- Chopin

Bright eyed &- bushy tailed

Purred: Sun Jul 6, '08 8:40pm PST 
MOL, Tigress! Didn't there used to be a dance the humans did called "The Bump"? Meowmi says it never did much for her waddle! laugh out loud

Tigress

Purred: Sun Jul 6, '08 9:30pm PST 
MOL Frederic! I guess I will have to look for another way to make myself waddle free then!laugh out loud

Muffin

Chubby Jungle- Kitty

Purred: Tue Jul 8, '08 4:22pm PST 
I'll give this a little *BUMP* ...oops, a little too hard! I'm new, my friend Margo invited me! I think I'm going to lay low at first to check stuff out. Nice to meet everyfur! wave

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2