Grief Relief

(Page 1 of 151: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  
Petey (In loving memory)

Our doggy- soulmate

Purred: Fri Aug 10, '07 4:30am PST 
As you can see I borrowed this title from some recent messages. We've had some requests for a thread that is solemn. Some angels joining this group have only recently passed. As mommys, we respond to this in different ways, but most need time before they can laugh through the tears. This thread will be a place to go when you need serious love and support. I really hope I don't offend anyone but this thread is not for silliness. The mommys in this group have huge hearts and have so much to offer in the way of kindness and support. I've seen that over and over.

So, if your angel has recently passed, or if you are needing special support on a really bad day, please post here.

♥Anni- e♥

Mommy's little- angel!

Purred: Fri Aug 10, '07 8:23am PST 
Thanks for starting this thread. I'm coming up on 9 months since losing Annie and I still have moments of tremendous grief. It is a lot easier now than way back in the beginning when all I could do was cry. I recover within a shorter time now.

This is just a reminder to those who are new to this - It's a process. Give yourself time to grieve. Don't feel you need to respond to others right now. Take care of you, your family & your other pets. It will come when you're ready. Be kind to yourself. There are some wonderful poems & letters and memorials that people post in this group and on their pup's pages (I posted some in Annie's diary). Even if you can't read them now, sometime in the future you'll be able to and you'll find comfort.

In the early days of my loss, I developed a method to cope with those darkest moments. A Rainbow Bridge site has a Monday night candle ceremony that you do on your own. I participated in that and then when I was really weepy at night I'd light a candle and imagine it was Annie's spirit and it calmed me down. You'll find ways too.

It took me a long time to write Annie's story on her page. It took time to be emotionally read for that. It was really hard to display her photo with the wings as her main one but eventually I was able to handle that. Now I'm here to play too, but I'm not always in that frame of mind. So having a place like this is great. There are some really kind people participating in this group and I know we all find support needed to get us through the tough times and eventually to the playful times. And remember you don't always have to post things for the group to read, you can answer a person directly or pmail them.

So hugs to you all, and thanks for the support I have received. Have you seen Petey's poem for me?!!!! hughughug

♥- Pooh-Angel- ♥

Pretty Pooh

Purred: Fri Aug 10, '07 3:48pm PST 
What a great idea! way to go This is a much needed thread. Fortunately, I am not in need of it today, it is so nice to know its here. I am sure by the time I leave this group today, I will have shed a tear or two or even three.

Please know if ANYONE needs anything, you are more than welcome to lean on me. Feel free to leave a note here or pmail me personally.

Remember ... feel free to cry, but also feel free to love!!!!! hughug

Kellie aka Poohs and Mooties Mom

Mrs. Riley- (of- O'Riley's)

Riley..- .say- Mom...

Purred: Mon Aug 13, '07 6:23pm PST 
This is a great idea...for those who don't know...we all still cry. I cry very often for Riley. She was a special "person" in our life. She brought us love, hope and empathy. So, we (I) play in the fun groups.....it makes me feel closer to Riley and closer to all of you. But if you're not ready.....that's ok. Hoochie from Austrialia helped me......she spoke to me one night and it helped me make a page for Ri-Ri.. And i'm so happy I did. Riley was (and is) the love of our lives. How can we ever repay her? By being on Dogster and helping the other pups !!!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxooooooooooooooooooooo,
Riley Marie

Kadie

LEROY IS- DEAD!!!! DANCING- IN THE CLOUDS!

Purred: Mon Aug 13, '07 11:20pm PST 
mom still cry's too...she was so busy blocking the pain she cant remember when i came to the bridge...of course this makes her feel guilty...but she is smart enough to know why she chose to forget...it was just to painful for her to remember at the time...it still is very painful...but all my pals have helped her so much this last year...she knows it was late summer but is unsure if it was 2 or 3 years agoshrug

♥Anni- e♥

Mommy's little- angel!

Purred: Tue Aug 14, '07 8:40pm PST 
Your love for Kadie lives on in your heart, so time isn't important. We understand the ongoing loss - somedays are good & somedays aren't so good. Be kind to yourself. I'm glad you've had a lot of support and I hope you continue to seek it & find it.

♥Anni- e♥

Mommy's little- angel!

Purred: Tue Aug 14, '07 8:42pm PST 
One of mom's best friends just lost her dog yesterday. Lexi & I were neighbors and BFF when we lived in Florida. We can now play together again. But our mommies are so sad today, missing us. Please say a prayer for Lexi & her mom! Thanks.hug

Kadie

LEROY IS- DEAD!!!! DANCING- IN THE CLOUDS!

Purred: Tue Aug 14, '07 11:27pm PST 
hughughugwe will pray for themhughughug

Petey (In loving memory)

Our doggy- soulmate

Purred: Wed Aug 15, '07 4:00pm PST 
Annie, I'm sorry to hear about the pup who just passed. We will say a prayer for them. I'm sure you are doing a wonderful job of welcoming that new angel to the bridge.

♥- Pooh-Angel- ♥

Pretty Pooh

Purred: Wed Aug 15, '07 6:29pm PST 
We are sad too Annie!! cry We will be sure to say an extra prayer for them. We'll will fly down and give them some angel kisses. Mom says she is sorry too and that you and your mommy and your friend and her mommy will be in her heart and prayers.

hug hug hug hug

(Page 1 of 151: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]