Need help with TNR in Brooklyn

Nicholas D.- Wolfwood

MEEEEEEEEEEEEOOO- OOOOOOWWWWWWWWWW- W

Purred: Tue Feb 20, '07 7:24am PST 
HI everyone I have been feeding a stray colony for the last few weeks and discussing TNR with the other lady who also feeds them. There are 8 cats that I have seen, one of which is clearly pregnant. They don't seem to be feral just stray as they let you get near them and occasionally touch them but not pick them up.

Well here's my problem

1) I dont have a job right now and my hubby will not approve of paying for 8 spay/neuters, even the reduced cost one I have seen will run me up to $400

2) Most low cost clinics, such as ones by ASPCA, I have found require you to be on public services which I am not

3) Humane Society will do TNR with you but you have to attend their workshop first and thats not for another month , 3/14, but I'll probably go anyway

4) As I rent, have 3 cats already and I have a small apartment I cannot practically keep 8 cats here overnight before and after surgery for their followup care.

So this is what I am looking for someone in my area who would be willing to help out looking after the cats and trapping them, maybe someone who has already attended the workshop?

The lady who helps feed the cats is very nice but she is also elderly and has already made clear to me there is very little she can offer as assistance.

Advice and volunteers anyone?

Also if there is another option I don't know about please let me know,

Purrs

Wolfie's Mum kitty