Fetch!

Bandit

Can I be your- friend? Meow!

Purred: Thu May 18, '06 9:24am PST 
Any of you other kitties play fetch? Mommy says I play better than most dogs do! Most people think I'm kinda strange though...do you think it's wierd? I LIVE to play fetch! I can do it for hours at a time! And I always bring the ball right back to mommy and put it in her hand.

George RIP 4/19/99 - 2/22/10

Bow down before- the one you- serve

Purred: Sun May 21, '06 10:30am PST 
Long before I was born I had a brother named Lestat who loved to play fetch. He would find wadded up balls of paper and bring them to Father so he would toss them for Lestat to retrieve. Apparently he was self taught, and my parents stumbled upon his aptitute by accident one day with a randomly crumpled receipt. They go on and on with stories about how incredible he was with his fetching and how he could pick the paper balls up with his curled paws. I guess he was even so bold as to get into our grandmother's purse one day to retrieve a small paper whose corner was poking out, and proceeded to toss it back and forth between his paws until it was shaped like a ball and began playing with it. I never hear the end of how amazing Lestat was, especially because I would never stoop so low as to perform a "trick" so simple that a mere dog could do it. I think I'm much too exceptional for that, but Mother thinks I have a lot to learn about how to be exceptional and that my compliance would make me more endearing instead of appearing jealous. Silly human!

George

Edited by author Sun May 21, '06 10:34am PST

Hunter

Lazy, Lazy, Lazy

Purred: Tue Jun 6, '06 4:09pm PST 
I love to play fetch w/ my aluminum ball. When it gets too small, mom always has another one at the ready.

Cesare

The Prince

Purred: Tue Oct 17, '06 7:17am PST 
I LOVE playing fetch with my bouncy balls. My mom also came across my abilities accidentally. She wasn't feeling well one day and I brought her a toy to play with. Since she wasn't in the mood to play, she tossed it across the room in hopes I'd play with it over there. I brought it right back to her and we ended up playing like that for hours. Now we almost always play with the bouncy balls which are far superior for fetch. I've mastered a couple other tricks as well with them. I can catch the balls in mid-air and I can swat them back to my mom. Not half bad if I say so myself.

Cesare

The Prince

Purred: Tue Oct 17, '06 7:18am PST 
I LOVE playing fetch with my bouncy balls. My mom also came across my abilities accidentally. She wasn't feeling well one day and I brought her a toy to play with. Since she wasn't in the mood to play, she tossed it across the room in hopes I'd play with it over there. I brought it right back to her and we ended up playing like that for hours. Now we almost always play with the bouncy balls which are far superior for fetch. I've mastered a couple other tricks as well with them. I can catch the balls in mid-air and I can swat them back to my mom. Not half bad if I say so myself.

Chihiro

Bug Killer- Extraordinaire

Purred: Thu Jan 4, '07 9:54pm PST 
I sort of play fetch. I will happily chase something thrown for me, and will chase it back occasionally, but for the most part, I'd rather just play with it wherever it lands and chase it around the apartment. I think it's just coincidence when I end up back at mom's feet with my toy.