Reveal today 9 am Dogster Time!

(Page 28 of 28: Viewing entries 271 to 277)  
[First 10 entry] Page Links:  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  
Flicka ~ CGC

NO-ONE is going- to sneak up on- my Mummy

Purred: Sun Jan 13, '13 5:23pm PST 
Ty... I think you sell yourself short !

And yes... Onyx'x photos are stunning...

UCH Onyx TT,- CGC

Do you even- lift?

Purred: Sun Jan 13, '13 5:28pm PST 
Everyone did a great job and took a beautiful picture. Like others have said, my favorite thing about these challenges is that I end up with a photo I never would have taken otherwise. I don't generally think of myself as particularly creative, but I did really like how my depth of field picture turned out. Having a little more trouble coming up with something creative for the Ball, Basket, Bowl, Bond challenge, but that's part of the fun too!

Murphy

Smurph Man

Purred: Sun Jan 13, '13 6:40pm PST 
I agree, I loved Onyx's photo this week smilehug

Rexy

I dig in mud- puddles!

Purred: Sun Jan 13, '13 11:03pm PST 
I agree with many of the comments regarding clarification as to exactly what the judges were looking for...I read the challenge description several times through, and still, the photos that won caught me by surprise.

My suggestion is that we add in a "Participant's Favourite" award to each challenge. Keep the judging as is (thank you for your hard work Judges!!), but add in the option for participants to also cast their own vote. Votes could be pawmailed to the judges by Friday, in time for the reveal. IMO there is no need for points for this award, but it would be nice to see what everyone else's top pick was. smile

Dandi

To Know Me Is To- Love Me

Purred: Mon Jan 14, '13 12:58am PST 
I thought your picture was beautiful and creative Onyx!

All of the pictures were great! We all have awesome Furs that the cameras love!

Savannah- Blue Belle

A Heart of Gold!

Purred: Wed Jan 16, '13 9:57am PST 
I'm a little concerned about the comments here. I back what Talker said 100 percent. And there is no doubt some subjectivity brought to judging. When many of the photos are really excellent, it does get down to a matter of taste some times. In the previous challenge, I liked one photo much more that the one I chose as the winner, because it's content touched me more. But we decided on the winner based on the quality of the photo. So we are as true to the challenges technical requirements as we can be.

And we have been doing this for several contests now. I believe that the challenges are (for the most part) clearly explained. If they are not, it is part of the contestants responsibility to read the comments and questions in the thread provided for that. And to ask clarifying questions if things are still unclear to them.

In addition, we are always looking for additional judges. Please feel free to volunteer in the next edition of DDPC.

♥- Sandy~SD- ♥

Handy Sandy- Loves to Dance!

Purred: Thu Jan 17, '13 4:44pm PST 
wave Hi ya'll wave

Furst off our mom is doing a whole lot better. She still isn't feeling 100% yet. This hooman flu thing is nasty! Thanks for all the get wells for my mom.

Thank you very much to the judges on your comments on Midnight's & mines photos esp since they were taken with a camera phone. Mom is doing pretty good with this new one. Plus it's nice that Midnight is starting to stay still for more photos than he did when he did in the furst challenge he was in. Plus we just wuv being a part of this group hughughug

(Page 28 of 28: Viewing entries 271 to 277)  
[First 10 entry] Page Links:  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28