Got Extra Photos from the Challenges? Post them Here!

(Page 7 of 13: Viewing entries 61 to 70)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  
Gunner

Gunna get \'em!

Purred: Wed Jan 23, '13 7:20am PST 
Oops! The color photo is here!

My favorite of the them all.

Van Winkle

Call Me Winkie!

Purred: Wed Jan 23, '13 9:35am PST 
This isn't exactly a reject from the challenge, it's just a post-grooming photo of my boys. I want to ask if there's anything I can do about the glow-eye that happens so often when I take photos of Winkie indoors. I know it's because of the flash, but the reality is that we're indoors almost all the time, and when the boys are being cute I want to take their picture. Red-eye fixes don't touch it. Picasa has a "retouch" feature that really doesn't work very well (or I don't know how to use it properly). Any other suggestions? I have a million photos of Winkie that look like this. confused

Van Winkle

Call Me Winkie!

Purred: Wed Jan 23, '13 9:40am PST 
I should add, it never happens with Hershey. shrug

Talker

Talk of the- Town!

Purred: Wed Jan 23, '13 9:51am PST 
Winnie has lighter eyes?
You have to learn to shoot in manual mode Winkie.
That's where learning to shoot with the meter. Talker has light eyes and the only time I get the red eye is when I use the flash.

I think your camera also has a way to bring down the intensity of the flash. You can lower the light exposure.
You could also try to filter the flash if you do use it. Sometimes just to experiment I've used a piece of cheese cloth or Kleenex to cover the flash so it's not harsh.

But the best thing is to try shooting in manual mode. Maybe I should ask first, are you shooting in manual mode?

UCH Onyx TT,- CGC

Do you even- lift?

Purred: Wed Jan 23, '13 9:55am PST 
Gunner, your cat is gorgeous kitty And I love your idea!

Van Winkle

Call Me Winkie!

Purred: Wed Jan 23, '13 10:59am PST 
Oh, Talker, I wish I wish I WISH I had a manual mode!!! Back in the day, when all I had was my trusty Pentax K1000 SLR, I used to take actual photographs. I do know all about F-stops and shutter speeds and all that. I used to sell photos at craft shows. (Granted, in those days they were landscapes, botanicals and still-lifes, not living creatures! laugh out loudlaugh out loud )

But what I have now is a point-and-shoot that wants to make decisions for me. It's digital, obviously, and it's fine for snapshots, and I can share things online. But I've taken precious few photographs with it. confused

Shading the flash with a kleenex or something is really a good idea! Thanks, I'll try that! way to go

I don't know why the anatomy of Winkie's eyes is different from Hershey's. They are the same color. Winkie's blind in one eye, it's the other one that mostly gets the glow effect. shrug

Bonzer

I'm a good boy!

Purred: Wed Jan 23, '13 12:39pm PST 
Here's a blooper from building the snowman photo shoot. Bonzer knocked the snowman over twice and in this pic, it looks like Mr. Rabbit is saying- Oh no! Bonzer what are you doing??!! laugh out loud

Oh no!

Flicka ~ CGC

NO-ONE is going- to sneak up on- my Mummy

Purred: Wed Jan 23, '13 2:30pm PST 
Sent you this Winkie...

Winkie... glow eye removed in one click in Photoshop

So... play with different editors too.. this was 3 seconds in Photoshop.. but there will be free ones out there that can do it.

Playing as suggested with the brightness as well is just trial and error till you find the way.

Beautiful pics everyone !!! Bonzer.. that pic made me laugh !!!

Van Winkle

Call Me Winkie!

Purred: Wed Jan 23, '13 2:40pm PST 
laugh out loud Thanks, Flicka! Still a little weird, but much better!

I'm retiring in a week. Then I'll have time to learn all about Photoshop and all those other sites. way to go

Flicka ~ CGC

NO-ONE is going- to sneak up on- my Mummy

Purred: Wed Jan 23, '13 3:06pm PST 
Also.. aim the flash about 1-2" above the eyes of the subject.. with point and shoot you cant bounce the flash i understand,, but you can alter the angle fractionally.

Abobe Photoshop is a wonderful thing. I work with graphics on a daily basis.. and make from thin air in many cases. I was scared to heck of PS when I got it.. and finally realised all I had to lose was my time.. so I taught myself technique by technique.

Enjoy your retirement ! Jay is just this week on his 2nd year. He was lucky to be able to retire at 55.. and knew exactly what he wanted to do. There is never enough time... enjoy it all.. you have worked hard for it !

(Page 7 of 13: Viewing entries 61 to 70)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13