Challenge 2 - Depth of Field

(Page 7 of 9: Viewing entries 61 to 70)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  
Van Winkle

Call Me Winkie!

Purred: Tue Jan 8, '13 10:41pm PST 
laugh out loudlaugh out loud Mommy's REALLY missing her old manual 35mm Pentax! She's tried every setting she can find on the Lumix point-and-shoot, but can't get any kind of DOF. Plus, I'm on restricted activity this week. (That's in my diary.) She's still wracking her brain, but we may have to pass on this challenge. confused

Bonzer

I'm a good boy!

Purred: Tue Jan 8, '13 10:51pm PST 
Maybe you could use Hershey for this one?

I guess that wouldn't help your problem with the DOF though huh?

Edited by author Tue Jan 8, '13 10:54pm PST

Bonzer

I'm a good boy!

Purred: Tue Jan 8, '13 10:57pm PST 
I just googled and found this-

http://photo.stackexchange.com/questions/19/how-can-i-take- shallow-depth-of-field-photos-with-a-point-and-shoot-camera

They say to use the macro setting and have the background far enough away

Van Winkle

Call Me Winkie!

Purred: Wed Jan 9, '13 7:38am PST 
Thanks, Bonzer! I've been in the macro mode trying this and that. I actually have discovered new things about my camera, which is what DDPC is all about! way to go But so far, the only blur I've achieved is if Winkie moves! laugh out loudlaugh out loud

Talker

Talk of the- Town!

Purred: Wed Jan 9, '13 8:14am PST 
Are putting an object in front of VW and putting him in the background? You should be able to achieve it if he's out in the distance.

Van Winkle

Call Me Winkie!

Purred: Wed Jan 9, '13 12:03pm PST 
Yep, that's what we've been aiming for, Talker. I finally did get a shot I hope is reasonable. If you go to that link Bonzer found, you'll see what we're up against with our unsophisticated camera! laugh out loudlaugh out loudlaugh out loud

Tyler

Whippy- The- Whipador

Purred: Wed Jan 9, '13 2:35pm PST 
Winkie, i had to look hard to find you in your picture! laugh out loud You and your pal look very similar wink

Great shots so far guys. Especially love yours, Pixie! applause applause

Gunner

Gunna get \'em!

Purred: Wed Jan 9, '13 2:51pm PST 
Thank you, Tyler! wave

I love the look on Bonzer's face. smile Everyone is doing so well! And Tyler, you may have added one. I'm going to look now. Behind a bit. wink

Tyler

Whippy- The- Whipador

Purred: Wed Jan 9, '13 3:16pm PST 
Dandi, brilliant! Love the POV! applause applause

Abbie

Counter surfers- get more snacks.

Purred: Wed Jan 9, '13 4:52pm PST 
Great pictures everybody wave

(Page 7 of 9: Viewing entries 61 to 70)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9