Challenge 2 - Depth of Field

(Page 4 of 9: Viewing entries 31 to 40)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  
Bonzer

I'm a good boy!

Purred: Thu Jan 3, '13 9:43pm PST 
Thanks Talker

One more question-

I think what you're saying about this challenge is that either the dog can be out of focus or the background out of focus, is that right? So it won't matter to the judges if the dog is out of focus?

UCH Onyx TT,- CGC

Do you even- lift?

Purred: Thu Jan 3, '13 10:07pm PST 
I have a question along those same lines. Probably a silly, nit-picking one, but you said,

You can position your pup up close and in focus which will blur out your background or you can position your pup far and focus on something up close; which will blur out your pup.

Can we have the dog in focus in the background and the foreground out of focus? Basically, as long as one part of the picture is in focus and another is out, with one part being the dog, it's okay?

Talker

Talk of the- Town!

Purred: Thu Jan 3, '13 10:09pm PST 
It doesn't matter which is out of focus but we would like to see an something else in the photo (be it in focus or out) in the photo.

I know some of the examples that I saw on line had just a blurred plain background. I think there are several other possibilities you all can think of that would be far more interesting than a plain blurred background.

Did you get to see the previous photos in DDPC2?

Talker

Talk of the- Town!

Purred: Thu Jan 3, '13 10:11pm PST 
Yes that is fine Onxy. I posted before I saw your question, but yes, up front close up/focus or out back/out of focus.

In the DDPC2 the name of the Challenge was Not the ATtention of your Focus (or something like that). Basically we wanted the pup to be out of focus and the object in focus.

This one we will take either way.
relieved boy I'm a Talker.

UCH Onyx TT,- CGC

Do you even- lift?

Purred: Thu Jan 3, '13 10:18pm PST 
Gotcha way to go

Dandi

To Know Me Is To- Love Me

Purred: Fri Jan 4, '13 12:37am PST 
Talker,
sorry it took me so long to answer your question about what camera I'm using, today's been very busy but I did manage to get to some of the sites and group you talked about and spent time taking pictures!

I'm using a Nikon D50 camera. I have wanted to do just these kinds of pictures for a long time, just didn't know how!

I am way out of my comfort zone and learning new things, so thank you!

Talker

Talk of the- Town!

Purred: Fri Jan 4, '13 8:23am PST 
Good for you Dandi for getting out there and practicing. I know you'll enjoy this group. Don't get caught up on the whole scoring thing. I hope everyone realizes that. It's just a fun contest and if you're learning something then everyone is a winner!
snoopy

Flicka ~ CGC

NO-ONE is going- to sneak up on- my Mummy

Purred: Fri Jan 4, '13 12:37pm PST 
Ummmmm... what is wrong with making a DUPLICATE layer ?

Perhaps I should have made that clear.. duplicate layer

Same photo... exactly.

It isnt a cheat.. its a valid tool.. and available in any frree or otherwise programme

Same photo.. duplicate layer to straighten it....

Bonzer

I'm a good boy!

Purred: Fri Jan 4, '13 4:48pm PST 
I straighten mine at the same time when I crop. There's a move tool that will let me tilt the picture. Seems easier that way. then I just give it another name when I save it so I still have the original

Bonzer

I'm a good boy!

Purred: Fri Jan 4, '13 4:50pm PST 
I probably won't make it to many of the reveals. Mom stays up late and sleeps til 9 or 9:30, which is 10 and 10:30 Dogster time

(Page 4 of 9: Viewing entries 31 to 40)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9