Getting to Know You! Tell Us All About Yourself . . .

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Kaci- Sunshine - Beloved- Angel

Sugar 'n Spice

Purred: Fri Sep 28, '12 8:12pm PST 
welcome

Hi effuryone and welcome to OKR!

Let's share our life stories so we can get to know each other!

How did you find your home, how old are you, what do you like, what do you dislike, what's your favorite food and toys, do you have siblings etc etc . . . ? Tell us anything and everything you'd like to share about yourself!

Here's a little about me:

My name is Kaci Sunshine. I'm an indoor only kitty, am 16 years old and live with my mommy and grandma. Mommy adopted my sister Miss Mittens and me in January 2006 because our former mommy had cancer and was dying. My sister went to the Bridge and since that sad day, I'm an *only* kitty. When I first came to live with my mommy, I was very active and playful but nowadays my favorite activity is napping! MOL! I love to burrow under blankies to sleep or sleep in hidey cat beds. My favorite toys are furry mousies.

cat on moon

Percy

always has time- to lick your- face

Purred: Fri Sep 28, '12 9:40pm PST 
Hi Kaci, thanks for the invite. I am 2 years old and came to my family as a tiny kitten. Mom works at a vet clinic, so we have rescues come home often. I live with 4 humans, 5 other cats, and 4 dogs. Don't tell my family, but orange cats are moms favorite. I enjoy hunting mice and head rubs.

Ms Ginger- Jones

Purred: Sat Sep 29, '12 7:46am PST 
Good Morning Kaci! Here's a little about me. My name is Ms. Ginger Jones -- Jonesy for short. My humans adopted me when I was 8 months old. Me and my other brothers and sisters had been left in a garage with no way to get out or to get food or water. We were very scared to be alone!

My mom came to Books A Million for coffee one chilly Saturday morning. Once I caught sight of her, I knew that she would be mine. I had to turn on the charm! She couldn't resist me pawing at her through the crate. Once I was in her arms...I had her.

I live inside with a monster of a dog.. Sully and my newly rescued sister, Maggie. I still like to hang out in the garage and nap. Mom makes sure that I can't escape. But my favorite place to sleep at night is next to my mom with my paw stretched out and resting on her.

Jonesy smile

Sugar 'n Spice

Purred: Sat Sep 29, '12 7:35pm PST 
Hi Percy & Jonesy!

Welcome to the group and thank you for introducing yourselves!

What a big family you have Percy! Do you like living with so many humans, cats and dogs (yuck!) Are you a big happy family? I hope so! big grin

Jonesy, how horrid that you and your siblings were abandoned and left in a garage! Shame on those humans! You're very fortunate you were rescued. I'm so happy you saw your mommy that day and turned on the charm! Orangies are very determined and it's hard for humans to resist our beauty and charm! laugh out loud

Jasper,- Angel- Dreamboat- #49a

Can I get you a- drink?

Purred: Sun Sep 30, '12 12:53pm PST 
I am the latest in a succession of Orangies in my Mom's clowder. Her first was Putney, a white and orange cat that she found as a kitten, huddled against the tire of her car one cold winter day. She thought he was a crumpled McDonald's bag at first! She put up a poster at the spot, but nobody claimed him, so he became hers. Then there was Tigger, and then Truck and Patch (litter mates) and now me, all red tabbies. She loves orangies, and says she always has to have one.

I live with my brothers Severian and Bear (whose real name is Torbjorn but nobody calls him that) and my sister Victoria. I'm the eldest at 17 and used to be the alpha cat, but I abdicated to Bear when he outweighed me at age six months!

I've always been an active cat, and even at my age I never saunter through the house like my fursibs do. If I'm going from Point A to Point B, I move at a fast clip. I can still beat Mom down the stairs, even if I give her a head start. But like Kaci, I like sleeping a lot these days, too.

Harvey

Everything I see- is mine, not- yours.

Purred: Tue Oct 16, '12 9:10am PST 
Hi! Glad to be here with the best of the Orangies. I'm Harvey. I have been in my furrever home for 3 years now. Before that, I was a wandering neighborhood stray in Phoenix Arizona. One 110+ degree day I was found passed out in a driveway. The nice lady took me to the vet to see if they could help me and offered to come back and adopt me once they had me fixed up, but before I was up and running again that lady passed away. So, I ended up at the shelter until Mom saw my handsome face on Petfinder and couldn't say no. Now I live with Mom and Dad and 2 fellow furrkids. We are all indoor kitties. I love my cat tower and sleeping on Mom's pillow, but I really love those Good Life Catnip treats and little bitty stuffed mice.

Butterscotch

Look what I can- do!

Purred: Tue Oct 16, '12 10:02am PST 
Hi, I'm Butterscotch. I'm one of Harvey's housemates. I am 2 years old. I was adopted from a shelter, before that I lived in a hoarder situation. I am fairly new to this household, so I'm not totally settled in yet, but I'm getting there. Harvey and I have made friends and love to run and play together, but I'm taking my time getting to know Bennett - I don't understand his infatuation with bath time and it kind of freaks me out. I'm a fun happy guy with the softest fur you've ever felt. Glad to be part of the group.

Sugar 'n Spice

Purred: Sat Oct 20, '12 12:23pm PST 
wave Jasper, Harvey & Butterscotch!

Love all of your stories! And thank goodness you were all rescued and found loving homes!

Jasper, it's a good thing your mommy took a second look at that McDonald's bag!

My mommy loves orangies too! The first kitty in her life, when she was a little girl, was an orangie boy cat. What a good natured cat he was -- mommy used to carry him around and dress him in clothes like he was a doll and put him in her doll's baby carriage and he allowed her to do it! *shudders with horror!* Hisssss! Glad she never tried any of that stuff with me! It's hard to believe, but she didn't have any other orangies until I came into her life.

Harvey, so happy for you that the kind-hearted lady rescued you (and sorry she died cry ) and your mommy saw you at the shelter and adopted you.

Oh dear Butterscotch, living with a hoarder must have been awful! So lucky that you were taken out of that house and now have a good home with your mommy and Harvey. Hope you settle in soon!

hug

Buddy- ♥- Angel

Kitty Einstein

Purred: Sat Oct 20, '12 9:43pm PST 
Hi, I'm Buddy Angel!

I have a long gotcha story that is on my Catster page, but to make it short, I was more than likely born in Los Gatos, California in 1984. My mom isn't sure where or when I was born exactly, but we met when I was about 4 years old in Los Gatos.

I was officially adopted in October of 1991 by Mom and Dad, and the vet said I was about 6-7 years old at that time. I lived over 11 years with my human and fur family before I crossed the Rainbow Bridge on December 9, 2002. An interesting fact is that I was FIV+ and never infected Tigger, Taylor or Bob in the ten years we were together.

Mom says I was a beautiful Champagne Tabby, but I still qualifed as an orangie. She also says I was an angel on earth, the sweetest cat she has ever had the pleasure of knowing. I adored my fursiblings and was very gentle with them from kittenhood to adulthood, even though I was a tomcat for many years. big grin

Coney

I am what I am!

Purred: Thu Feb 21, '13 8:25pm PST 
happy dance Hello efuryone! I just got inbited this week to join this group!. I live in Central CA. My name is Coney but my email logs me on as Monster Coney! For about 15 years my meowmyy had a black and white cat named Princess Kitty also known as "PK Maybe you have heard heard or not. Around May 2011 my meowmy saw me and two tabbies that were hanging around in the back yard, so mom fed them. My grandma is 93 and cant walk to well so me & the others played outside. My mom went to Vegas and my uncle Fred had shown mommy where I was hanging out but Gma woudn't let me in the house. Then PK passed away on August 18, 2011 and 3 days later I was slowly brought inside with my Uncle/or dad "Barney" and mommie watched over both of us. Barney was the best cat and I hope he will remember us and come back in another cat body. My name was given to me by the nicest lady VET I ever got to meet! I look forwarding much to meeting all of YOU Q-T's! >^..^

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2