|Purred: Wed May 16, '12 3:05am PST |
|Tempting Tuna Treats
1 3-ounce can albacore tune in water or oil, undrained
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup nonfat dry milk
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 large egg
1/4 cup water
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (about 170 degrees Celsius)
2. In a large bowl, use a fork to shred the tuna into small pieces.
3. Add the remaining ingredients, mixing well. The dough will be sticky.
4. Flour or oil your hands so you can handle the dough and form the dough into small, marble-sized balls.
5. Place the balls on a greased cookie sheet, and use your fingers to gently flatten them.
6. Bake for about 10 minutes or until the bottoms of the treats are golden brown.
7. Flip the treats and bake for another 5 to 10 minutes or until both sides of the treats are golden brown.
8. Remove from the oven, let cool thoroughly, and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Tried and true! They're dee-lishus! (at least to us kitties)
|my page | msg me | gift me | become friends|