NOURISHING YOUR SPIRIT

(Page 3 of 20: Viewing entries 21 to 30)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  
Amazing- Grace

Princess of the- Ponderosa

Purred: Tue Jan 17, '12 8:17am PST 
wavewavewavewavewavewaveGOOD MORNING AND welcomewelcomewelcomeVERY COLD HERE THIS WEEK.
ACTIVE WORD
BOB COY
January 16
The ultimate freedom
For the LORD will judge His people, and He will have compassion on His servants. Psalms 135:14 (NKJV)
There's a word in this verse that deserves our time and attention. It's the word servant, which can be more literally rendered "one who is bound." When we read the word servant, we can romanticize it by thinking it's something optional. That's not the type of servant being described here. This type of servant is someone who is bound—a slave, in fact.
At first, we bristle at the idea of being enslaved to anyone or anything. The word slave carries a lot of negative connotations with it, and rightfully so. So when we apply it to something as sacred and special as our relationship with God, it doesn't seem right. "Wait, that can't be what the Bible is actually saying, can it?"
That is what it's saying. Scripture unmistakably spells out a master-slave relationship between God and us. He is in complete control, and we are to be in complete submission to Him. Our will is to be completely consumed by His, and we no longer posses any rights of our own.
But that's only half the story. The other half is that while we are slaves, our Master is compassionate—incomparably so. His reservoirs of grace and goodness are infinitely limitless, and His treatment of us will never be in question or lacking in fairness or faithfulness. Because He is who He is, our quality of life as God's slave is actually greater than if we remained "free" apart from His compassionate authority.

Scripture is full of paradoxes, and here's one we must never forget: We are never so free as when we're enslaved to God.

Matchless Master, our human heart wants to fight against the notion of being enslaved to You. Open our eyes to see and trust that enslavement to You is the ultimate freedom.
Think About It…
What does this passage reveal to me about God?
What does this passage reveal to me about myself?
Based on this, what changes do I need to make?
What is my prayer for today?
GOD BLESS ALL,MAZY
kissinghugkissing

Amazing- Grace

Purred: Tue Jan 17, '12 8:23am PST 
A DOUBLE POST TODAY AND THEN WE ARE CAUGHT UP. DUE TO APPTS. WE WERE ONLY ABLE TO POST A COUPLE DEVOTIONALS LAST NIGHT.winkWE APOLOGIZE....

ACTIVE WORD
BOB COY
January 17
Two stories
Oh, give thanks to the LORD, for He is good! For His mercy endures forever. Psalms 136:1 (NKJV)
Psalm 136 simultaneously tells two stories. On the one hand, it recounts the mighty exploits of God as He created the earth and all that's in it, as He rescued and redeemed Israel out of slavery in Egypt, and as He gave them victory over all their enemies on their way to the Promised Land. That's the first story.
The second story is studded throughout the first story, and it's the story of God's mercy. Each and every verse of this Psalm ends with this declaration: For His mercy endures forever. Without exception, each of God's mighty deeds is punctuated by the declaration of His mercy.
Now, here's what we need to note as we consider these two stories: The might of God is always linked together with the mercy of God. When the Lord moves and operates according to His divine might, it's never at the expense of His tender mercy. That's good news! Because our imaginations can run wild with how horrible it would be if the God of all power was also a God of cruelty.
Praise the Lord that this is not the case! Mercy never leaves Him, because it's an indivisible part of who He is. When He sees a person who is bent down, He doesn't crush them. When He sees someone whose flame is burning out, He doesn't snuff him or her out. He's not like that. His mercy endures forever, and in His mercy He moves mightily on behalf of those who are His.
Two stories…one of might, one of mercy. Yet both stories are speaking to us about the same God, the God of might and the God of mercy.
Mighty God, we praise You for Your mercy, and we pray that Your mercy will touch and transform our lives in every way that You want it to.
Think About It…
GOD BLESS ALL,MAZY
kissinghugkissing

Amazing- Grace

Purred: Wed Jan 18, '12 7:59am PST 
wavewavewavewavewave: good morning w)welcomewelcomeit is really gray and overcast with light snow and very cold
ACTIVE WORD
BOB COY

Januarey 18
The lesson of loss
By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down, yea, we wept when we remembered Zion. Psalms 137:1 (NKJV)
This Psalm has to be one of the saddest sections in the entire Bible. It describes the way the Israelites wept and lamented after they were torn from their homeland and were carried off into captivity by the Babylonians. Their hearts were shattered as they let go of the land that their God had given them. It was all misery, mourning, pain, and poverty.
But here's what's interesting: For literally hundreds of years the Lord had warned His people about the reality of this happening. As Israel spiraled deeper and deeper into the sin of idolatry, God sent one prophet after another to proclaim the judgment that would fall if they didn't repent. For the most part, they didn't listen. They went right on living as they had, until the gavel of judgment finally fell.
Now they were in mourning. If only they had taken God seriously back when He first warned them.
It's been said that you don't appreciate something until it's gone, and sadly, that's often the case. Israel is a prime example of this. They didn't appreciate the privilege of living safely in their own land until it was forcibly taken from them. God warned them, but it took the lesson of loss to actually affect their hearts.
Do we need to learn the same lesson? What has the Lord warned us about? Are we tuning Him out and living life according to our own desires? Do we need to lose something so the Lord can get our full attention? May we be softhearted enough to hear the Spirit's answer to each of these questions.
Sovereign Lord, we don't want to need to learn the lesson of loss that Israel did. Show us where and how we might be headed in that direction and give us the grace to change course.
Think About It...
GOD BLESS ALL,MAZYkissingbig hugsnoopy

Amazing- Grace

Purred: Thu Jan 19, '12 7:06am PST 
welcomewelcomewelcomeAND GOOD MORNINGwavewavewavewaveWE ARE SNUGGLED IN...IT IS -30 AND VERY COLD HERE ON THE PRAIRIEsmile
TODAY WE WILL HAVE SUBSTITUTE HERE
DAILY WORD WITH JACK GRAHAM
(ACTIVE WORD SENT THE SAME DEVOTIONAL 2 DAYS IN A ROW)
Is anyone really ‘okay’?
January 19, 2012
“None is righteous, no, not one;
no one understands;
no one seeks for God.”
Romans 3:10-11
Perhaps you’ve seen or heard the illustration of people trying to get to heaven as trying to leap over an ocean. The illustration goes that some may jump further than others, but the point is clear that no one can jump across the ocean. And in the same way, while some may live better lives than others, the point is that no one can live a life holy enough to get to heaven.
Now, I want you to know that I believe all of that is true. Not one person is good enough to go to heaven. And even those who seem to live better lives than others still fall short, by far.
But do you know what I’ve noticed in life? It’s that most people don’t even try to jump to attain salvation. Oh, there may be a few religious people who try to prove themselves to God, but very few people today even bother to try to jump to get to God because most people today assume they’re already okay.
However, the reality is that not one person apart from Christ is okay. Every single individual has sinned and has fallen short of God’s holy standard. No one is okay, but God has given them a way to be made okay with Him.
So, don’t let the prevailing attitude of “I’m okay, you’re okay” keep you from sharing God’s truth. It’s only through Christ that anyone can come to God, so share that with others each day!
NO ONE CAN COME TO GOD APART FROM JESUS CHRIST. SO LIVE YOUR LIFE TO TELL THE WORLD THAT JESUS HAS MADE A WAY BACK TO GOD!

GOD BLESS ALL,MAZY
hugkissinghug

Edited by author Thu Jan 19, '12 7:16am PST

Amazing- Grace

Purred: Fri Jan 20, '12 7:01am PST 
wavewavewavewavewave good morningwelcomewelcomewelcome
ACTIVE WORD
BOB COY

January 20
My favorite author
In Your book they all were written, the days fashioned for me, when as yet there were none of them. Psalms 139:16 (NKJV)
Many of us have a favorite author. There's just something about the way he writes, the grammar he uses, the mental images he paints, and the pace he employs. It all comes together in a way that resonates and "clicks." So much so that we'll invest the time it takes to read just about anything with that author's name on the front cover.
But there's an author whose prowess is peerless. Whose creativity and story-telling ability is far and away the best there's ever been…an author who can't be compared to any other. His pacing is always perfect, and He always uses the right word at the right time in just the right way. That author is God.
Now, here's what's truly amazing: This Author of all authors has written a story, and it's your life's story! That's David's declaration here as he, under the inspiration of God's Spirit, shared that the days of his life had been written down and scripted by God, even before he had ever been born.
God has a pre-determined plan that He's scripted for each of us, and we discover it as we walk in step with His Spirit. How incredible is that! The world's greatest Writer has written out our life's story. There's a plan and a purpose for who we are, and it comes from the hand of God Himself.
A book's value is often determined by the author who wrote it. How valuable, then, is your life, given the Almighty Author who's behind it.
Lord, we're humbled by the thought of You authoring our lives. Keep us in Your ways, and may we never forget that we're walking in what You've written.
Think About It…
GOD BLESS ALL,MAZYhugkissinghug

Amazing- Grace

Purred: Tue Jan 24, '12 7:40am PST 
wavewavewavewavewave MORNING and welcomewelcomewelcome
ACTIVE WORD
BOB COY
January 24
History is on your side
I remember the days of old; I meditate on all Your works; I muse on the work of Your hands. Psalms 143hi5 (NKJV)verse 5
David does something in Psalm 143hi5 that is very wise. When confronted with the trials and stressful situations of life, he goes back to what the Lord had done in the past. He remembers the days of old, to the miraculous parting of the Red Sea, to the provision of manna in the wilderness, to the spectacle of Mount Sinai, to the destruction of Jericho, and to the valley of Elah where Goliath fell.
Why did David remember all of these past works? Because when we remind ourselves of what God has done, it fills us with confidence in what He will do. Let that sink into your bones. Let it be a truth the Holy Spirit hammers into your heart. However you want to put it…know this!
Our God has done great and mighty things! And we need to remember what He's done in the past as we're faced with challenges in the present. Nothing fuels our confidence in God's ability to handle the unknown like looking at His track record. His history works for us by showing us time and again that He is able to protect and provide for His people—whether it's the Red Sea, Jericho, or the greatest work of all, the Cross.
So what are you facing today? What trial or situation looms over you like a Goliath? Remember how God handled Goliath and how He has proven over and over how faithful and able He is. Don't mentally wipe the slate clean. There's a history of what the Lord has done that's in your favor—so recall it, remember it, receive it!
God of wonders, we look at all that you've done and determine that Your past faithfulness deserves our present trust. Keep us ever-mindful of Your mighty works!
Think About It…
GOD BLESS ALL,MAZY
kissinghugkissing

Amazing- Grace

Purred: Wed Jan 25, '12 7:22am PST 
welcomewelcomewelcomegood morning wavewavewavewavewavewavewave

ACTIVE WORD
BOB COY

January 25
How do you know Him?
Happy are the people whose God is the LORD! Psalms 144:15 (NKJV)
There's a subtlety in the Hebrew text here that we would completely miss if we didn't take the time to dig beneath the English. It involves the words God and LORD. While you may think those words mean the same thing, in the Hebrew, they're actually quite different.
"God" is the Hebrew word Elohim, which is the plural form of the word El, which was the common word used to describe the resident deities in many ancient cultures and civilizations. It was a relatively generic designation, the same way "God" is tossed around and used today.
"LORD" is the Hebrew word Jehovah, which is the personal and covenantal name by which the true and living God revealed Himself to His chosen people. It's absolutely unique and not found in any of the other cultures that used the word El. This is specific and personal. It's addressing God according to His own personal name and not according to a general title.
Now look at the verse again: "Happy are the people whose God (El, i.e. general) is the LORD (Jehovah, i.e. personal)." It's saying that blessing comes not to those who just know God in a general sense but to those who know God as Jehovah—who know God as He has truly revealed Himself in a personal sense.
Blessings abound in the lives of those who are in relationship with the Lord, who have entered into the covenant of His Son's blood, who know Him by His personal name and not just by His general title. If you know Him by name, if you know His Son, Jesus, then you can attest to the blessings He has brought into your life. But if God is generic and nameless to you, it's time to pursue a personal relationship with Him.
Jehovah God, may we know You as personally as we possibly can, and draw those who don't yet know You into a real relationship with You.
If you don't know God personally, please read "The New You" article towards the back of this booklet.
Think About It…
GOD BLESS YOU,MAZY
kissingflowersdog walk

Amazing- Grace

Purred: Thu Jan 26, '12 6:43am PST 
wavewavewavewavewavegood morningdancingdancingdancingdancingdancing
ACTIVE WORD
BOB COY
January 26
A heart-cry for Him
The LORD is near to all who call upon Him, to all who call upon Him in truth. Psalms 145:18 (NKJV)
God wants to be known, and He doesn't make it difficult or tricky for people to do so. As a matter of fact, He has gone to the opposite extreme by setting things up so that anyone, anywhere, at anytime can know Him. All they have to do is call upon Him.
That's it?
That's it! God is near to all who call upon Him. Unlike the gods and deities of other religions, there isn't a requisite pilgrimage or show of devotion that man must fulfill in order to know the Lord. It all comes down to a heart-cry for Him. When a person has that, they have all they need, and we see this over and over again in His Word.
We don't have to look any further than the testimony of Jesus, who gave the personal guarantee that He will never reject a heart that's calling out to Him:

"The one who comes to Me I will by no means cast out." (John 6:37 NKJV)
In writing to the Romans, Paul emphatically underscores this point as he spells out God's plan for salvation:
For "whoever calls on the name of the LORD shall be saved." (Romans 10:13 NKJV)
The point is that the true and living God doesn't shroud Himself in some mysterious cloud or dwell in some celestial ivory tower. The Lord is near to all who call upon Him. He's ready and willing to reach out to all who are ready and willing to reach out to Him.
Father, thank you for being so close, so near, and so accessible to us. May our hearts always long for and cry out to You, and may we always reach out to You as You reach out to us.
Think About It…
GOD BLESS ALL,MAZY
kissinghugkissing

Amazing- Grace

Purred: Fri Jan 27, '12 6:56am PST 
wavewavewavewave
ACTIVE WORD
BOB COY
January 27
A better investment
Do not put your trust in princes, nor in a son of man, in whom there is no help. Psalms 146:3 (NKJV)
Every single one of us runs a dangerous risk. It's the risk of giving into our human tendency to trust and hope in what we can see. There's just no getting around it: Human nature will always focus on what can be seen rather than on what can't be seen. And when trouble comes our way, our initial instinct is to look to man for help instead of the Invisible God.
But that's always a bad investment. Why? Because man, no matter how well intentioned he may be, is always going to be flawed. Even when man wants to do the right thing, he doesn't always do it. There's an inherent lack in understanding, in intelligence, in resources—in more things than he's aware of. So trusting in man is bound to fail and disappoint us sooner or later because man will never live up to a perfect standard.
God gives us something better to invest our trust in…Him. He possesses everything that man doesn't: perfect understanding, perfect intelligence, perfect resources. The Lord always knows what's right for us and does what's right for us, period. And while His ways won't always seem like it at the time, in the end He always shows Himself to be perfectly faithful and true to us.
Don't put your trust in princes or in any man. Ultimately, they can't give you what you need. But plant your hopes and expectations in God, who can and will help according to what you truly need.

Faithful Father, protect us from the tendency to trust in man. May we more and more put our hope in what we can't see. Give us eyes that see You as our only sure source of security.
Think About It…
GOD BLESS ALL,MAZY
kissingbig hugflowersdog walk

Amazing- Grace

Purred: Sun Feb 5, '12 8:13am PST 
wavewavewavemorning all and welcome25 degrees,sunny and frosty blanket on everything. The early morning fog has lifted.smilePosting devotionals now, as we are tied up later today and tomorrow.big grin have a Blessed week..big grin
ACTIVE WORD
BOB COY

February 5
Access-able
According to the eternal purpose which He accomplished in Christ Jesus our Lord, in whom we have boldness and access with confidence through faith in Him. Ephesians 3:11-12 (NKJV)
Faith has a definition. Faith has an object. Faith has a source. Faith has evidences. And faith has certain benefits. One of which is mentioned here in the Book of Ephesians. As Paul penned this letter, he makes an important connection between our ability to access God and our faith.
Here's what God's want us to know about faith: It's something that gives us free and unlimited access to Him. When we place our trust in God, it opens the way for us to communicate and fellowship with Him at any time and from any place.
Just ponder that for a few moments. Who else can you say that about? Even the closest of confidants can't be there for us each and every time we need or want them. Human beings are limited that way. They can only be in one place and only do one thing at one time. "Hey, really…call me anytime!" No matter how well intentioned friends may be in giving us access to their lives, they're going to have limitations. And the more "important" the person gets, the more limited the access is going to be.
But then there's God Almighty. You can't get any higher or more important than Him, yet He is instantly and absolutely accessible to us. No matter when it may be or where we may be, we're able to access Him through faith. And not only can we draw near to Him, but He actually desires that we do!
Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith… Hebrews 10:22 (NKJV)
How remarkable is it that the One we have the greatest need for is also the One we have the greatest access to? And as we've seen, faith is the key that allows for this access to occur.

Think About It…

GOD BLESS ALL,MAZY
kissinghugsnoopy

(Page 3 of 20: Viewing entries 21 to 30)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20