NOURISHING YOUR SPIRIT

(Page 2 of 20: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  
Amazing- Grace

Princess of the- Ponderosa

Purred: Sat Jan 7, '12 9:59am PST 
wavewavewavewavewavewaveIT'S THE WEEKEND,MAKE IT A PAWSOME ONEsnoopysnoopysnoopy

ACTIVE WORD
BOB COY

January 7

Hold out!
Those who sow in tears shall reap in joy. Psalms 126hi5 (NKJV)

"Everything is going to be O.K." We hear that all the time, but how often is it really true? The encouraging coach can make this promise to his players, but he doesn't really know how the game will play out or if the team will win. A reassuring doctor can claim to have a patient's condition under control, but there's always the chance that things will take an unforeseeable turn. And the weatherman…well, you can see where this is headed.
Realistically, when people assure us that everything is going to be O.K., it's not a sure thing. Why? Because at the end of the day, they're mere humans, and they don't have the authority or ability to give such a guarantee.
But then there's God, who has all authority and ability. And His Word tells us "those who sow in tears shall reap in joy." In essence, He's telling us, "Everything is going to be O.K." No matter what's got you crying right now—the loss of a loved one, a trial that's excruciating, job troubles, whatever—one day it's going to be redeemed in such a way that it will be a catalyst for great joy.
How can we say that? Because God did. It's His promise, not man's, and His promises always stand true. A mist may shroud a mighty mountain for a season of time, but eventually the fog burns off and the peak's permanence is revealed.
God is the one who has given this guarantee, but we're the ones who have to grab hold of it. When all seems to be turned against you, when the waves are about to wash you overboard, when sorrow seems to have swallowed you whole, hold out for the promise that He will turn every sorrow into joy.
O Faithful One, give us the grace to hold out for the fulfillment of Your promise to turn our sorrow into joy.
Think About It…
What does this passage reveal to me about God?
What does this passage reveal to me about myself?
Based on this, what changes do I need to make?
What is my prayer for today?
GOD BLESS ALL,MAZY
kissingbig hugdog walk

Amazing- Grace

Purred: Sun Jan 8, '12 8:22am PST 
wavewavewavewavemorning and welcome it is very sunny and in the 20's right now... looks to be another pawsome day here on the prairie.
dancingdancingdancing

ACTIVE WORD
BOB COY
January 8

Build where He's Building
Unless the LORD builds the house, they labor in vain who build it. Psalms 127:1 (NKJV)
Have you ever been a part of something that just never seemed to take off? No matter how hard you tried, no matter how much time, energy, or money you put in, you still didn't seem to get anywhere. It's like rowing against the current or spitting into the wind.
What's that all about?
It's quite possible that "that thing" was what the proceeding passage in Psalm is describing. We're told that "unless the LORD builds the house, they labor in vain who build it." This is essentially telling us that there are things in life that God is actively participating in and things that He isn't. There are things He's building and things He isn't. And when it comes to those things He's not building, every ounce of man's labor expended in their direction will be in vain.
We can work and work at something all we want, but if God isn't the one putting things together, all of our time, energy, and money will be wasted. The key to living a productive life is knowing what the Lord is building and joining in…not trying to get Him to join us in what we want to build.
God is into giving, so invest in giving and watch what happens. God is into serving, so invest in serving and watch what happens. God is into prayer, so invest in prayer and watch what happens. You'll find that futility and frustration will turn into fulfillment and fruitfulness, because now you're building where He is.
If you sense you're toiling in vain at something, honestly examine whether or not its something the Lord is building.
Lord, please clear away any obstruction that would hinder us from knowing what and where You're building. We want to be about Your business and not our own.

Think About It…

GOD BLESS ALL,MAZY
dog walkkissingsnoopyhug

Edited by author Sun Jan 8, '12 8:25am PST

Amazing- Grace

Purred: Mon Jan 9, '12 7:14am PST 
welcomegood morningwavewavewavewavewavesunny,going to make the 40's,anoter nice day for January on the prairie.

ACTIVE WORD
BOB COY
January 9
Fear first
Blessed is every one who fears the LORD, who walks in His ways. Psalms 128:1 (NKJV)
When we see the word fear, we generally associate it with something negative. The horror movie that we should have never watched when we were kids, the playground bully who never passed up an opportunity to twist our arm and make us cry, the situation that set us up for the ultimate embarrassment…these are all things that define fear for us early on in life.
So when we see a word like fear linked to the Lord, as in this verse, it can throw us for a loop.
But that's not the same sort of fear being described here. When the Bible associates fear with God, it's actually something positive. It's a reverential respect for God that's so powerful and real that it produces obedience in us. And it's this type of fear that goes hand in hand with those who are blessed.
A blessed life begins with fear. Not the negative fear inspired by the boogeyman or the bully, but the in-awe-of esteem that comes from understanding who God is—and that produces a willing submission to "walk in His ways." When that becomes a person's guiding reality, when it takes precedence over all else, he or she will be blessed. Fear is the fountainhead that flows outward in watering streams to every other part of our lives…producing an abundance of fruitful blessing along the way.
The opposite is equally true for those who don't fear the Lord. A heart that lacks in reverence for Him will result in a life that lacks joy, peace, hope, and every other blessing that comes from the Father above.
If you want to experience a blessed life, you need to fear first.

Almighty God, we pray that You would produce a fear deep within us …a fear for You that will be our surest guide and our greatest source of blessing.
Think About It…
GOD BLESS ALL,MAZY
hugkissinghug

Amazing- Grace

Purred: Tue Jan 10, '12 8:40am PST 
wavewavewavewavewave morning...it was 52 yesterday and going to be about 50 today...then things head sound.....but still way better than most January'sdancingdancingdancingdancingdancing

ACTIVE WORD
BOB COY

January 10
Hope in who He is
The LORD is righteous; He has cut in pieces the cords of the wicked. Psalms 129:4 (NKJV)
Sir Winston Churchill once said, "No thoughtful man can deny the fact that they [the Jews] are, beyond any question, the most formidable and the most remarkable race which has appeared in the world."
He's right. Anyone who opens the history books will find that the nation of Israel has faced and overcome more challenges than any other group of people who've ever existed. Wave after wave of persecution and even genocide since the days of Moses to our own lifetimes has not annihilated the nation of Israel.

What accounts for this? How is it that this nation of former slaves has managed to run the global tables against all odds?

The Psalmist hits the nail on the head in the passage above. Quite simply, Israel was able to withstand every trial because the Lord is righteous. True to His promise to Abraham in Genesis 12:1, He has miraculously preserved His people and has cut the cords of the wicked who've come against them.

There can be no other explanation. It doesn't lie in the in the wealth or wisdom of any man, not in the genius or expertise of Israel's leaders and politicians. At the end of the day it's not about what Israel is but about who God is. He is righteous and does right by His people. Their hope is in who He is and nothing else.

What a timely lesson for us, as well. God is for us (Romans 8:31), and when challenges mount and rise up against us, we need to remember that our hope in overcoming them rests not in who we are but in who God is. He is righteous, and nothing in this world can or ever will change that.

Righteous One, we place our hope in You to be all that we aren't. Rise up and give us victory over anything that comes against us.
Think About It…
GOD BLESS ALL,MAZY
kissingbig hugflowersdog walk

Amazing- Grace

Purred: Wed Jan 11, '12 7:33am PST 
BBBBBBBBUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRR it is Cold and windy here today but.... only a skiff of snow.......dancingdancingdancingdancingTemps. will drop all day, as we receive a blast of winter.snoopysnoopysnoopy
ACTIVE WORD
BOB COY

January 11
Offended?
If You, LORD, should mark iniquities, O Lord, who could stand? Psalms 130:3 (NKJV)
The Bible is an offensive book because it spells out things about ourselves that we don't really want to hear. For example, it tells us that all of us are guilty before God as sinners. And if it were God's agenda to keep a record of our wrongs, none of us would be able to stand before Him.
Let's face it: That offends us on a certain level. Deep down in our human nature, we all want to stand on our own merits, point to our accomplishments, and say, "See, look what I've done! Look what I've earned!" We find a certain sense of security in this because we feel like we're in control of things and can dictate our destiny based on what we think we deserve.
But the Bible cuts through all of that. It tells us that our very best is still spoiled by what we all are at heart. No amount of works or merit can ever change the fact that we're sinners. And as sinners, the only thing we truly deserve is death (Romans 6:23). That's incredibly offensive to our pride and self-assurance.
However, here's what we need to recognize: God doesn't just leave it there. He doesn't just point out our sin, but He goes on to provide us with salvation:

But there is forgiveness with You… (Psalms 130:4 NKJV)
Yet before we can experience His forgiveness and salvation, we need to see our need for it. And we see it when we're reminded that we're such great sinners that if the Lord really wanted to hold it against us, none of us could stand on our own. It's offensive, but it also leads us to the salvation that we could never earn, and which God graciously gives.
Lord, please help us to remember how helpless we are without You. Keep us humble when it comes to who we are and thankful when it comes to what You've done for us.
Think About It…

GOD BLESS ALL,MAZY
kissinghugflowers

Amazing- Grace

Purred: Thu Jan 12, '12 7:19am PST 
wavewavewavewavewaveMORNING AND welcomewelcomewelcomeSO COLD HERE THIS MORNING, I RACED OUT AND POTTIED,RAN STRAIGHT TO MY ROCKER FOR MY HOT TOWELS OUT OF THE DRYER. WARMED UP,HAD BREAKFAST AND I'M READY TO SHARE GOD'S WORD.dancing

ACTIVE WORD
BOB COY

January 12
Be You!
LORD, my heart is not haughty, nor my eyes lofty. Neither do I concern myself with great matters, nor with things too profound for me. Psalms 131:1 (NKJV)
Before we dig into this verse, we need to be clear about something. God is into learning. He wants us to continually grow and gain in our knowledge and understanding, especially when it comes to His Word (2 Timothy 2:15).
There's a countertruth, however, that David alludes to here. And that's this: While there's honor in learning, there's also wisdom in knowing your limitations and simply being you.
David understood who God made him to be, and he wasn't going to spend his life trying to go beyond that. He wasn't against learning, but he wasn't going to steep himself in studying or pursuing things that really didn't have anything to do with who he was. And because he was at total peace with what the Lord had made and called him to be, he experienced the kind of contentment we all want:
Surely I have calmed and quieted my soul, like a weaned child with his mother; like a weaned child is my soul within me. (Psalms 131:2 NKJV)
How many of us are doing the exact opposite? How many of us are concerning ourselves with things that are too profound for us? Again, this doesn't mean we don't expand our expertise or experience in life. But what if we do so at the expense of embracing who we are by God's will?
God doesn't want us to try to be someone else. He wants us to be us, and a big part of that is not going beyond the lines that help define our desires and dispositions. We would do well to follow David's example…to know who we are, embrace who we are, and be who we are.
Dear God, protect us from the temptation of trying to be someone we're not…and help us to know and be who you've made us to be.
Think About It…
GOD BLESS ALL,MAZY
kissingbig hugsnoopy

Abby - Forever- Loved

Forever loved- (January- 2001-August- 2012)

Purred: Thu Jan 12, '12 9:39am PST 
hughug

Amazing- Grace

Purred: Fri Jan 13, '12 7:48am PST 
welcomeAND GOOD MORNINGwavewavewavewaveHEATWAVE THIS MORNING 6 ABOVE AT 9 ISH
ACTIVE WORD
BOB COY

January 13
True to His word
The LORD has sworn in truth to David…"I will set upon your throne the fruit of your body." Psalms 132:11 (NKJV)
When God makes a promise, He keeps it. It doesn't matter how improbable, how incredible, or how incomprehensible it may seem…when He gives His word on something, He's true to it without fail.
Case in point, here in Psalm 132:11, a promise the Lord made to David is referenced. The promise God made was that the "fruit" of David's body (his descendants), would always sit upon the throne (2 Samuel 7:12-13).
Stop and consider that for a moment. From a human standpoint, it seems improbable, incredible, and even incomprehensible. How does a descendant become a king forever? At the most, a man might rule and reign for a few decades. But forever? No way!
That is, unless that king is more than a mere mortal. And He was, because we know this promise was fulfilled by Jesus, who was both the Son of David and the Son of God. His kingship went beyond the bounds of Israel and is extended over the entire universe. And not only that, but He overcame the grave, and death has no hold on Him, making Him an Eternal King!
The point is that God keeps His word even when we can't understand how He's going to keep it. He's the Creator, and as such He's creative enough to fulfill the promises that we can't comprehend. We're not called to understand how He is going to do it but only that He is doing to do it. Period!
God kept an improbable, incredible, incomprehensible promise to David…and He will do the same for us because He is always true to His word.

Faithful Father, help us to not limit your ability to keep your word by our own understanding. May we trust that You will do what You say and simply take You at Your word.
Think About It…
GOD BLESS ALL,MAZY
kissinghugdog walk

Amazing- Grace

Purred: Sat Jan 14, '12 7:51am PST 
wavewavewavewave: good morning and welcomewelcomewelcome it's Saturday and the bitter COLD moved off. Now seasonal temps. until beginning of the week,then another cold front rolls in.shockshockshock

ACTIVE WORD
BOB COY
January 14
The proceeding point
Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity! Psalms 133:1 (NKJV)
This is a frequently quoted passage of scripture that we usually use to stress how important unity is, and rightfully so. But before we rush right to the unity, it's important to consider the first point being made here. Notice that before we get to the word "unity" we have the words "dwell together."
As important as unity is, it can't happen without community. Before God's people can glorify and honor Him by living in harmony, they have to be together in the first place. That's an obvious yet increasingly important point to understand. More and more, people seem to be forsaking the importance of being part of a local church.
Technology can be a great ally to the work of ministry. People are able to access the teaching of God's Word and even pray with a pastor online. But that technology can actually become an enemy to what God wants to do when people use it as a replacement for gathering with other believers in a local church. Obviously, there are certain situations where it's impossible to do so, but whenever and wherever possible, believers need to "dwell together."
Something's really wrong when a Christian doesn't want to be around other Christians. It reveals a breakdown in spiritual health, and it's simply not the lifestyle the Lord wants for us.
Give yourself a spiritual checkup by asking how enthusiastic you are to dwell together with other believers. Is it something you look forward to, or is it something you try to avoid? Be bold enough to ask God to correct and adjust your heart if you can't honestly say that it's "good" and "pleasant" to be in community with other Christians.
Lord, we know that we've been created for fellowship, not just with You but with other believers. Search our soul that we may honor you by being in community.
Think About It…

GOD BLESS ALL,MAZY
hugkissinghug

Amazing- Grace

Purred: Sun Jan 15, '12 8:44am PST 
wavewavewavewavewavewaveGOOD MORNING AND welcomewelcomewelcome
ACTIVE WORD
BOB COY

January 15
A servant's service
Behold, bless the LORD, all you servants of the LORD… Psalms 134:1 (NKJV)
Notice the word that's used here to describe those who are rightly related to the Lord. They're simply described as "servants." But how do we define and measure this? What does a servant's service actually look like? Psalm 134 goes on to show us three specific things:
Behold, bless the LORD, all you servants of the LORD, who by night stand in the house of the LORD! (Psalms 134:1 NKJV)
First, we see that a servant is someone who stands in the house of the Lord. They're drawn to the things that God is actively involved in, and His house (which we can equate to the local church in our day and age) is certainly one of those places. They make it a point and priority to be there whenever possible, including at night.
Behold, bless the LORD, all you servants of the LORD.… Lift up your hands in the sanctuary, and bless the LORD. (Psalms 134:1-2 NKJV)
Next, we're told that servants are those who lift up their hands in God's sanctuary. In other words, they are worshippers. When we use the word "worship," we're not just talking about an act. More importantly, worship is an attitude whereby we respond to all that God is with all that we are. It's where He is our all and all, and we can't help but lift our hands and sing out His praises.
Behold, bless the LORD, all you servants of the LORD…who made heaven and earth bless you from Zion! (Psalms 134:1,3 NKJV)
Finally, servants rest in God as their Sovereign Creator. Life isn't about them having to take care of themselves but trusting in the understanding that they're under the providential hand of One who is the source of all creation and blessing.
These are three things that mark the service of a servant...may they mark our lives as well.

Sovereign Creator, grant us a servant's heart that draws us to Your house, enables us to worship, and rests in Your authority.
Think About It…
GOD BLESS ALL,MAZY
kissinghugsnoopy

(Page 2 of 20: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20