Skunked help!

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  
LUKE

Wheres- my- frisbee!!!

Purred: Wed Oct 5, '11 7:12am PST 
Does anyone know how to get rid of skunk oder. I had a run in with a skunk and got the short end. Now me and Piglet both reek! Mom has bathed us 5 times and we still stink and now our house stinks. Boy is mom mad at us.shrug

(Piglet)

Shelter dogs- Rule!

Purred: Wed Oct 5, '11 7:14am PST 
Hey you got it worse than I did. We can't help it. That critter came into our yard. It sure does stink. My eyes are all red and swollen. At least I don't smell quite as bad as Luke.

Lily2

I'm the big one.

Purred: Thu Oct 6, '11 6:49am PST 
I know it sounds old fashioned, but tomato juice really does work. We try to always have it in the house because I just can't resist chasing anything that comes in my yard

LUKE

Wheres- my- frisbee!!!

Purred: Thu Oct 6, '11 7:11am PST 
We tried that Lily Whew what a smelly mess. Mom used a whole can of tomato juice on me plus a bottle of pepsi. Finally my Hooman sister came over and brought some peroxide and baking soda and made a mixture of 1 qt of peroxide and 1/4 cup of baking soda with a 1 tsp of liq. soap. mixd it up till it foamed and poured it all over me. I finally started to smell alittle better. Then she bathed me agian. Now if only the smell would get out of the house we would be so happy.cloud 9

Starry-ied- Top Tux by- the Bay

always a- champion

Purred: Thu Oct 6, '11 5:51pm PST 
Wow, a Skunk, I sure wish I could get my paws on one of those, I bet they would try to play with me. I sure bet your Mom was mad about that. I wonder if one would come by the fence, I bet they are not as fast as squirrels, I sure could get one. YOu guys are lucky you got to try it.

In Memory of- Miss Clover- Louis

Talk of the Town

Purred: Thu Oct 6, '11 6:11pm PST 
NOOO- Dad had a cat that got skunked- he used ALOT of tomotoe juice a dozen cans and some lemon juice-- Topper is going to get in all kinds of trouble without me there, I have to watch him from heaven now. Topper does not even know what a skunk is!!!!

LUKE

Wheres- my- frisbee!!!

Purred: Fri Oct 7, '11 5:32am PST 
One thing for sure they sure do stink when you get them riled up. I thought it was a stray cat in my yard. So I was just tying to get it out of my yard but when I reach out to grab it with my mouth it socked me hard with the most awful spray but I still went after it anyway. Then Little Piglet saw what I was after and wanted to get him some. Poor Piggys eyes are all blood shot and swollen he has mom scared about his eyes. I think we have most of the smell gone now. My ears still stink a bit so I guess I will have to have another peroxide bath. My whole back yard stinks even dads truck got sprayed when it went under it to get away from me. STINKY OLE SKUNK!!confused

Princess- Brea, - Cheerleader

Luvs to Cheer

Purred: Fri Oct 7, '11 2:49pm PST 
It sounds like ya all have had fun with the skunkeek Afraid I wouldnt know what a smelly skunk is.....I would think it would be something to chase....snoopy Mommy has tried all kinds of stuff in trying to get rid of the smell of skunks on some boxers.....and not much really helped....tomato juice, shaving cream. I will check with Arlo's mommy to see what she has used before and let you know. kittyhamster dancehamster dance

Edited by author Fri Oct 7, '11 2:50pm PST

Starry-ied- Top Tux by- the Bay

always a- champion

Purred: Sat Oct 8, '11 5:40am PST 
Poor Piglet- How are your eyes, I sure hope you and Luke are doing better now. I would have gone after it too! That is for sure.

(Piglet)

Shelter dogs- Rule!

Purred: Sun Oct 9, '11 8:32am PST 
My eyes aren't swollen anymore but they still are bloodshot. But at least I don't smell poor LUKE got another peroxide bath yesterday and cologned he still has a faint smell of skunk about him but mom has decided to wait a week before she bathes him again. He is such a big baby.big grin

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4