Golden Nuggets Shared by Amazing Grace

(Page 8 of 61: Viewing entries 71 to 80)  
[First 10 entry] Page Links:  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  [Last 10 entry]  
Jazzi- Danz'r,- CGC,Therapy- D

FUR-DANZ'R

Purred: Thu Aug 19, '10 2:59pm PST 
waveMISS AMAZING GRACE, JUST PEEPING AND TRYING TO LEARN SOME GOOD THINGS

Amazing- Grace

Princess of the- Ponderosa

Purred: Sat Aug 21, '10 3:29pm PST 
wave Harley Diva Girl and Jazzi Dancer---So Happy to see you stop in and read. We hope you find nuggets of spiritual food and water here to refresh you. Any topics you are interested in seeing.... Do let us know and we will try to cover them....cloud 9little angelcloud 9

Below is a Devotional that we believe many need to read.way to gosnoopy Called comforting arms.......

August 19, 2010

Comforting Arms

Matthew 5:4

Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.

There is a vivid memory etched in my mind—a day when one of my sons hugged a tree in our back yard. The tree had a "ladder" of nails driven into it, and he used them for climbing. I was about fifty yards away, watching and admiring the athletic prowess of my son, as he hung from the first branch eight feet from the ground. But his foot slipped off the nail and I saw his body swivel around to the other side of the tree.

As he held on to the trunk with one arm and wrapped a leg around the tree, he yelled for help. I began walking toward the tree, but in his moment of distress, he didn't wait for me to arrive. Typical of the very young, he hadn't yet discovered that sometimes it hurts more to let go than to hang on, so—he released his hold on the branch. He slid down the trunk and skinned himself on every nail protruding from the tree. A long bloody gash stretched from his waist to his chest.

He hit the ground, immediately bounded up, and came running. His feet were moving so fast that he even fell once as he ran. When he reached me, he leapt into my arms and began to wail. I just held him and hugged him, because I knew he was experiencing more pain than he had ever felt before. Although I am not a great father—in fact, sometimes, I'm not even a good father—I did what comes naturally to any parent witnessing his child in pain . . . I comforted him.

Why is it that we think God will do any less for His children? Why is it that we think God groans when He sees us coming to Him in pain? We assume He is thinking, "Oh, no . . . you're hurt again?" If we, as fallen, sinful, earthly parents can comfort our children in times of distress, whatever the cause, how much more will our perfect heavenly Father comfort us in our distress—whatever the cause?

The word for comfort in Matthew 5:4 is not sympathy, which means to feel with, or empathy, which means to have experienced the same thing and feel with, but a combination of two Latin words which mean to put strength in; to infuse with power.

This means that God doesn't just pat us on the back when we are in mourning; He gives us what we need to endure the pain of sadness. It's as David said in Psalm 138:3, "On the day I called, You answered me; You made me bold with strength in my soul."

Have you fallen from any trees lately? God will lift you up—blood, tears and all. So go ahead . . . wail to Him in your sorrow; cry to Him in your distress; jump into His arms of healing.

Your Father is waiting to hold you close to Him. Then you will learn what Christ meant when He said, "Blessed are those who mourn . . . for they shall be comforted."

Prayer Point: Perhaps you are bleeding today from some emotional gash, and are in need of a giant "bear-hug" from God. Be encouraged, friend! God says in Scripture that you can cast your cares upon Him because He cares for you. No matter how great or small your concern, God will give you the strength to deal with it.

Extra Refreshment: Read 1 Peter 5.

May God Bless Each and Everyone of You,
Mazy and Grandma's Pack

hugkissinghugkissing

Amazing- Grace

Purred: Thu Aug 26, '10 3:48pm PST 
hugkissinghugkissing

God closes doors no man can open & God opens doors no man can close..

We just really like the quotes.... We do not know the author....
God Bless Each and Every Fur and Their Families,
Mazy,Foxie,Baby and Grandma Keda
little angelcloud 9little angel

Amazing- Grace

Purred: Fri Aug 27, '10 2:18pm PST 
wave Howdy, Everyone! We think, you'll enjoy the devotional below. It is presented by Dr. Ed Young.little angellittle angellittle angel

THE BATTLE FOR THE MIND

In his book The Magnificent Mind, Gary Collins tells the story of Phinneas Gage. Gage was working as a mining foreman in September of 1848 when an accident occurred that changed his life forever. As he leaned over to look down into a blasting hole, some dynamite exploded prematurely, and propelled a 13-pound, 3 ½ foot tamping rod into his cheek, through his brain and out the other side of his skull. It went through him like a missile, but he never lost consciousness on the long trip to the village doctor. "Something passed through my head," he told the doctor as he was examined. The doctor could put his fingers in the hole in Gage's skull. For several weeks Gage had headaches, and infection set in to the wound, nearly taking his life. But in two or three months, he was back at work in the mines—except his personality had radically changed. Where once he had been prompt, courteous and patient, he was now rude, discourteous and impatient. "Gage is no longer Gage," the people who knew him would say. Somehow the rod that passed through his brain had changed his personality, and he was a different man. For the rest of his life he made a living as a circus freak, and when he died, his brain and the tamping rod were placed in the museum of the Harvard Medical School.

The mind is a mysterious, mysterious thing. There is a battle going on in this world, not for territory that can be seen or touched, but for your mind and my mind. The way this battle is won is for us to allow every thought to be captive to the obedience of our Savior Jesus Christ. Doing that requires both inclusion and exclusion. Say for example, that someone attacks you in some area of your life, saying slanderous things about you. You could counterattack, which most of us are prone to do, or you could say to yourself, "That particular thing is not true, but there are many things in my life much worse that are." And then you dismiss that person's attack and walk away from it. That's exclusion. But exclusion alone will not work. We must apply the law of inclusion as well. It works like this: instead of focusing your mind on your anger, or your sense of injustice at being wrongly accused, you focus instead on the positive values of God. In other words, when these thoughts come, you say "I'm sorry, I don't have room for you. My mind is full of truth and faith and righteousness and biblical principles, and I am seeking to have the mind of Christ." Our every thought may not be Christian, but Christ can take every thought captive.

MEMORY VERSE

II CORINTHIANS 10hi5 ...And we are taking every thought captive to the obedience of Christ

p.s.- We think you'll find that this devotional connects well to the post under the He Is Always There Thread..... so check it out...

God Bless All of You,
Mazy and GRandma Keda

Amazing- Grace

Purred: Sat Sep 4, '10 3:16pm PST 
Howdy Everyone! Happy Labor Day Weekend!!!!wavewavewave Know what we do here on the Prairie for Labor Day Wknd.????? WE LABOR.....ISN'T THAT WHY THEY CALL IT LABOR DAY?????big laughbig laughbig laughbig laugh

Amazing- Grace

Purred: Sat Sep 4, '10 3:39pm PST 
wavewave:wave Hi Everyone- Well, we found ONE Good Thing about packing up 3 rooms of the house. Readying ourselves for the New Carpet Installation:
We found a whole stack of Christian Things to Use in Our Threads....
cloud 9little angelcloud 9 Isn't that Pawsome!!!!!!dancingcheerdancingblue doghappy danceway to go

DISTURB US LORD

Disturb us, O Lord, when we are
too well pleased with ourselves:
When our dreams come true only because
we have dreamed too little.
We we arrive safely only because
we sailed too close to the shore.
When with the abundance of things
we are losing our thirst for more of God.
When in loving time, we have ceased
to dream of Eternity.
When in our desire to build on this earth
we have lost our vision of a new heaven.

cloud 9little angelcloud 9 Mazy and G-ma K.

Amazing- Grace

Purred: Wed Sep 8, '10 2:42pm PST 
YOU LIGHT THE WAY

BY: DONA MARONEY

You light the way,Lord.
As I journey down life's road.
You lead the way, dear Father,
And lift my heavy load.
Your love carries me
On the path that leads to You.
My journey seems to shorten
And life is fresh and new.
Thank you, Heavenly Father,
For all the love You've shown
And guiding, ever guiding me
Gently to Your Home.

cloud 9little angelcloud 9

We pray you enjoy this small serving of spiritual food.
Huggies and Kissies,
Mazy and G-ma K.

kissinghugkissinghugkissing

Amazing- Grace

Purred: Thu Sep 9, '10 11:54am PST 
wave Howdy Everyone! We have a reading Today that is really packed with Food for Thought! We hope you Enjoy it....cheercheercheer

We don't have the Title... or Author... we had clipped this from somewhere when reading... So will just call this: I COUNTED......
If, anyone does know the author and true title, please tell us....

I counted dollars, while God counted crosses,
I counted gains, while He counted losses.
I counted my worth, my things gained in store.
And He sized me up by the scars that I bore.

I counted honors and sought degrees.
He counted the hours I spend on my knees.
I never knew until one day by the grave.
How vain are the things we spend life to save.

Huggies and Kissies,
Mazy and G-ma K.
kissinghugkissing

Amazing- Grace

Purred: Sun Sep 12, '10 11:45am PST 
Duet. 6hi5 " Therefore, you shall love the Lord, your God, with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength."

HE KNOWS
BY: Beverly J. Anderson

My Savior knows when my heart's troubled,
He knows secret pain that I bear;
He bids me to come with my burdens
And cast upon Him every care.

He whispers "sweet peace" in the darkness,
My soul becomes quiet and still;
And there in His presence, fears vanish...
Contented, I will rest in His will.

In blessed communion with Jesus,
The cares of the world fade away.
He offers new hope for the morrow...
In Him, I find strength for each day.

We dedicate this poem to All of Our Members and Their Families.
May All Of You Have A Blessed Week,
Mazy and G-ma K.

kissinghugkissing

Amazing- Grace

Purred: Tue Sep 14, '10 1:40pm PST 
wave Howdy ALL Furs-----wavewavewave

We are leaving you something new to read about our sense of Humor.
We will be offline Wednesday and possibly Thursday. We are having new carpeting put into our house.....God Bless Each and Every Fur and Their Families....... Mazy and G-ma K.

September 14 By: Pastor Adrain Rogers

Your Sense of Humor - a Gift from God

"Be glad in the Lord, and rejoice, ye righteous: and shout for joy, all ye that are upright in heart." Psalm 32:11

A merry heart has the ability to capture and enjoy those wonderful times of life and let them turn to laughter.

Your sense of humor is a gift from God.

Research studies have shown that laughter, along with a well-rounded sense of humor, is one of the sure signs of intelligence. It is also known to produce endorphins in your body that generate feelings of well-being.

Good, wholesome laughter is a gift from God. Abraham Lincoln said, "God must have meant for us to laugh, or else he would not have made so many mules, parrots, monkeys and human beings. God wants us to laugh."

Pass along the gift of laughter today to someone. Tell a good, wholesome joke. Send an email of a funny story to a friend that you haven't talked to in a while.
way to goway to goway to go

Huggies and Kissies to All
hugkissinghugkissinghugkissing

(Page 8 of 61: Viewing entries 71 to 80)  
[First 10 entry] Page Links:  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  [Last 10 entry]