Golden Nuggets Shared by Amazing Grace

(Page 6 of 61: Viewing entries 51 to 60)  
[First 10 entry] Page Links:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  [Last 10 entry]  
Amazing- Grace

Princess of the- Ponderosa

Purred: Thu Jun 10, '10 1:30pm PST 
Below is just a couple lines that are part of a teaching on God molding us. Like the potter (GOD) and the clay (individual).
Take Time to go to the thread: "He Is Always There" and read the whole teaching. You will be Blessed by this teaching....Looking back on Life, I know,I spent years being prideful and blocking the Lord's Best for Me.... I'd like to believe as I grew older, God provided me with some Wisdom. (I pray, that I am listen to the Holy Spirit to stay on the right track in life.)

Today, don't resist the will of the Creator. Patiently allow God to mold you into His image and into a tool He can use for His glory.

Amen,Amen and Amen
God Bless All of You,
Mazy and Grandma Keda

little angellittle angelcloud 9little angellittle angel

Amazing- Grace

Purred: Sat Jun 12, '10 2:05pm PST 
Sitting back and waiting upon the Lord....Sometimes, the world leaves you feeling dis-shoveled...You need to rest and regroup.... Well, we are doing that to recharge our batteries....way to go

God Bless Each and Every Member and Their Families,
Huggies and Kissies,
Mazy and Grandma Keda

hugkissinghugkissinghugkissing

Amazing- Grace

Purred: Mon Jun 14, '10 9:31am PST 
Howdy Everyonewave

We are busy with yardwork since the rain stopped and temperatures returned to normal for June. Alot going on this week.... Will post for you when we can..way to go

Thought you would enjoy this devotional....(Below) We are working on a devotional piece about the parables of the SOWER...(Please be patient, will probably take all week to get it together.thinking)

Feeling Overwhelmed?

Today's Scripture

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take. Don't be impressed with your own wisdom. Instead, fear the Lord and turn away from evil. Then you will have healing for your body and strength for your bones." Proverbs 3hi5-8 NLT

Thoughts for Today

Is there an area of your life that feels out of control?

We all have the potential of coming under the influence of a life-controlling problem. Facing the reality of the problem may be difficult; however, doing so can be the first step on the road to recovery.

One sign of a life-controlling problem (or the start of one) is when a substance, behavior or relationship interferes in an important area of life (job, school, family ...) but we continue the behavior regardless. In other words, we are hurting ourselves or others, but do not make a change to correct the destructive issue.

Admitting our powerlessness over a life-controlling problem is not a weakness; it is a strength.

Consider this...

Is there some negative issue in your life that you don't seem to be able to control? Perhaps you have thoughts like these: "There is no way out." "I am in over my head." "I feel like a runaway truck." "I feel overwhelmed."

As trapped as you might feel right now, there is a way out. You can change--but not by yourself. Take the first step. Admit your powerlessness over this problem. Don't allow embarrassment, pride or hopelessness to stop you from getting help. Admit your need to yourself and to God. Tell him that you need his help. He loves you, he wants to help you and he is able.

Prayer

Father, I do need your help. I've tried to hide this problem from you and from others--even from myself. Please forgive me and show me the way out. In Jesus' name ...

These thoughts were drawn from...

Stepping into Freedom: A Christ-Centered Twelve-Step Program by Jimmy Ray Lee, D.Min. This twelve-step program is suggested for use in support groups, recovery groups and home groups. It offers help for anyone struggling with a life-controlling problem like drug addiction, alcoholism, sexual addiction, gambling or workaholism. Note: This curriculum was written especially for small groups and we encourage people to use it that way.

We pray and hope this devotional Helps the readers find perspective in their lives.
way to go

God Bless Each and Everyone of You and your families,
Mazy and Grandma Keda

Amazing- Grace

Purred: Wed Jun 16, '10 3:34pm PST 
cloud 9little angelcloud 9little angel
What Makes You Truly Rich.... has Nothing to do with material possessions....We thought you might enjoy reading this devotional and what Jesus had to say about possessions.

Tuesday 15th June

Read Luke 12:13-21

Then [Jesus] said to them, "Beware, and be on your guard against every form of greed; for not even when one has an abundance does his life consist of his possessions. (v. 15)

Life is not about what you have; it is about your relationship to God!

Get out your Bible and read the full passage referred to above. After Jesus describes that man's life, He says, "So is the man who lays up treasure for himself, and is not rich toward God".

Catalogues can be fun to flick through, but don't you find that as you flip through the latest ones, whether they are clothing catalogues or electronics catalogues or catalogues for books or houses or cars or computers or games or music—when you look, you want? And if you keep looking and longing, you can get consumed with your desire for something. Your life becomes "about" that thing.

God is saying to you today that your life is not about any of these things—your life is about Him and His will for you. Start spending more time in His "spiritual catalogue"—the Bible—and start getting consumed with your desire for the life described in there.

Then you will find that you are not "laying up treasure for yourself," but you are "rich toward God"! There's nothing you can buy that feels as good as having a rich relationship with God.

For more from John North and Ambassadors for Christ International

We hope you enjoy this reading.way to goI must say, I'm not a squeaky clean Grandma...don't even think that! Took a very destructive tornado 11 yrs. ago. (No human life was lost. It was a major kick in the teeth to lose 1/2 of what 2 generations of men built).A tremendous loss of possessions. Endless years of trying to recover from the whole mess.
(Not possible in our life time.) For me to truly learn that stuff is just that, stuff! When I leave this world, any stuff I do have is staying here.... I no longer worry about the possessions of this world...

I ask God to provide us enough to make a living and pay our bills. We live a simple life and we are happy.dancing

Through the decades of our lives, God has always been there to carry us through, whatever our trials and tribulations were....Praise Jesus

Amazing- Grace

Purred: Sat Jun 19, '10 12:54pm PST 
POWER OF THE HUMAN TONGUE
BY: STEVE ARTENBURN

OUR TONGUE IS BY FAR THE HARDEST OF ALL OUR HUMAN PARTS TO CONTROL.
READ THE TEACHING BELOW and THEN SPEND A LITTLE TIME REFLECTING ON THE TEACHING...

Bible Reading: James 3hi5-10

We made a list of all persons we had harmed and became willing to make amends to them all.

Words can hurt terribly! We've all said things that we regret. Stinging words leave their mark, and we can't take away the sting or erase the emotional impact they have. We may have made our tongues a tool of deception. Learning to tell lies expertly, we may have shattered someone's trust. We may have used our words to attack and wound our children and our spouses.

James recognized the terrible power of our words: "The tongue is a small thing that makes grand speeches. But a tiny spark can set a great forest on fire. And the tongue is a flame of fire. It is a whole world of wickedness, corrupting your entire body. It can set your whole life on fire, for it is set on fire by hell itself. People can tame all kinds of animals, birds, reptiles, and fish, but no one can tame the tongue. It is restless and evil, full of deadly poison. Sometimes it praises our Lord and Father, and sometimes it curses those who have been made in the image of God. And so blessing and cursing come pouring out of the same mouth" (James 3hi5-10).

There seems to be no final cure for this unruly member of our body. We need to respect what great damage it can do. Kids may chant, "Sticks and stones can break my bones, but words will never hurt me." But this is a weak defense against a verbal weapon that can shatter our spirit. Whom have we hurt with our words?

Our words are like fire: we cannot control them or reverse the damage they cause.

wave HOWDY EVERYONE...MAY ALL OF YOU HAVE AN AEWSOME BLESSED WEEKEND...
way to go The weather finally returned to normal. It is a beautiful day of the high 70's ...plenty of sunshine and only a light breeze..dancing
Huggies and Kissies to All, Mazy and Grandma Kedasnoopysnoopysnoopy

Amazing- Grace

Purred: Tue Jun 22, '10 7:08pm PST 
wave Howdy Everyone! Found this short devotional very interesting but filled with scriptural truth. Hope you enjoy the read.way to goGod Bless Each and Everyone of You, Mazy and Grandma Kedalittle angelcloud 9little angel

Not Our Home
by: Greg Laurie

For we speak as messengers approved by God to be entrusted with the Good News. Our purpose is to please God, not people. He alone examines the motives of our hearts.
—1 Thessalonians 2:4

The story is told of a missionary couple who was preparing to retire after many years of service in Africa. The ship they had boarded to return to the U.S. also happened to be carrying President Theodore Roosevelt, who was returning from a hunting expedition. When they reached their destination and the passengers were disembarking, a crowd of admirers waited to meet the president as a big band played in the background. But when the time came for the missionary couple to step ashore, not a single soul was there to meet them. Discouraged, the husband buried his head in his hands and groaned, "I didn't want a parade, but at least someone could have come to welcome us home!" His wife turned to him and replied, "Honey, we are not home yet."

This world is not our home. And because of that, we should always be a bit disconnected from it, not quite in sync with everything this culture celebrates, because our citizenship is in heaven. As Christians, we have a different value system because we serve a different God and have different priorities than this world has.

Yet some Christians only care about living for themselves, as long as they can get to heaven. What a waste. We should instead be asking ourselves, How can I bring a little bit of heaven to earth? How can I make a difference in the lives of those I come into contact with? How can I make a difference for time and eternity? What has God called me to do? I want to do it in a way that will bring glory and honor to Him.

May we live our lives well and wisely, because they eventually will come to an end. Until then, let's be about our Father's business.

Copyright © 2010 by Harvest Ministries.

Tomorrow is Hump Day or middle of the week. Make it an Awesome Day, reach out and touch someone who needs a little lift...You'll be glad you took the time to do so.... A tiny smile can change the whole day for the person who needs to know they are not forgotten...way to godancingcheerparty

Amazing- Grace

Purred: Fri Jun 25, '10 4:04pm PST 
wave Howdy Everyone! We hope you enjoy this devotional below as much as we did....dancing

It's Friday...so doing my Happy Dance!snoopysnoopysnoopy
Trying to storm again here.....so Grandma will probably shut-off my Puter,again!!!!!shrug Luv ya, Mazy
Today's Truth
2 Timothy 1:7 (NKJV) "God has not given us a spirit of fear but of power and of love and of a sound mind."

Friend To Friend
We do a lot of laundry at the Southerland house. I'm sure you can relate to the fact that there always seems to be a load in the washer that needs to go in the dryer, a load in the dryer that needs to be folded and a load of dirty laundry waiting to begin the tedious process all over again. Our washer and dryer have numerous settings for washing everything from hand washables and fine delicates to cotton and permanent press. After a few loads of producing pink, male underwear and sweaters shrunk to fit Barbie dolls, we decided to wash everything on one setting and in cold water. Heaven help the man, woman or child who dares to change that setting.

When a life crisis comes, we generally have an automatic and very human setting of fear and anxiety. The good news is that we can change that setting to "peace" by counting on God.

Count on God to be with you. We battle stress every day, but God is faithful. We can count on Him to be with us every step of the way. Worry is a trust issue stemming from our desire to be in control. When we try to play God, the result is always worry and stress. We keep trying to fix tomorrow's problems with today's resources. God gives grace in daily doses that are always enough and right on time.

Isaiah 43:2 "When you go through deep waters and great trouble, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown! When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you" (NLT).

Count on God for direction. When we don't know or refuse to follow God's plan, life can easily spin out of control in a whirlwind of confusion and doubt. God offers direction and guidance through His Word, through His people and through the Holy Spirit.

Psalm 32:8 "I will guide you along the best pathway for your life. I will advise you and watch over you" (NLT).

Count on God for provision. God goes before us in every area of life. Nothing that happens to us will ever surprise God. We must be careful to stay away from scenario sickness of "what if." There are no "what ifs" when we choose to trust God for every need. God is at work around us, meeting needs we are not even yet aware of. Even as we pray, God's answer is on the way.

Isaiah 65:24 "I will provide their needs before they ask. I will help them while they are still asking for help" (NLT).

Count on God for protection. God will fight for us when we are attacked. When we yield control to God and follow Him, God fights for us but when we pursue our agenda, we step out from under His umbrella of protection and into our own limited strength.

Exodus 14:13 "The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still" (NIV).

I recently saw a bumper sticker that read, "If God is your Co-Pilot, switch seats!" The story is told of a newly licensed pilot who was flying his private plane through a fierce storm. He was not very experienced in instrument landing, so when the storm worsened, he realized that the control tower was going to have to bring him in for a landing. The pilot started thinking about all of the hills, towers and buildings in the area and began to panic. Over his radio, a calm but stern voice commanded, "You just obey instructions and we'll take care of the obstructions." Many of us have good reason to be afraid because we are sitting in the control seat of our life, trying to maneuver around every obstruction we face. Stress thrives in an atmosphere of fear and doubt when our hand is on the steering wheel of life. We need to move over, surrender all control to God and find the peace waiting in His hand.

Let's Pray
Father, my heart is so often filled with fear and it seems like I am drowning in the uncertainties of my life. Help me learn to surrender my fears to You and leave them in Your hands. Strengthen me to face each storm and walk through it, knowing that You are with me. I choose to trust You and doubt my fears. I choose against stress and for peace. I choose You, Lord.

In Jesus' name,
Amen.

Now It's Your Turn

Make a list of your greatest fears.
Prayerfully surrender each fear to he loving and faithful control of God.
Destroy the list as an offering of praise and thanksgiving to God's perfect peace now enthroned in your life.
When fear and doubt assault you, the Word of God is your most powerful weapon. Read and memorize the following verses on fear:
2 Timothy 1:7
Philippians 4:6 -7
1 Peter 5:7

More From The Girlfriends
I know it is human nature to "over-promise" and "under-deliver" but it still hurts when someone in my life breaks their promise to me. The only person in my life that has never failed me is God. He is faithful. His promises are true and eternal. You really can count on Him, friend.

Mary's book, Escaping the Stress Trap, is based on Psalm 23 and is a step-by-step plan for dealing with stress and learning to manage it before it manages you. (Also available on CD)

Looking for a Bible Study? Mary now has several E-Bible Studies available. You can download each lesson on your own computer, print it out and complete it at your own pace. These E-Bible Studies are perfect for both personal and small group study.

Need encouragement? Check out Mary's weekly online Bible study Light for the Journey and join women across the world in Bible study and prayer.

Be sure to connect with Mary on Facebook or through email. She loves hearing what God is doing in your life!

Seeking God?
Click here to find out more about
how to have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.

Girlfriends in God
P.O. Box 725
Matthews, NC 28106
info@girlfriendsingod.com
www.girlfriendsingod.com

May God bless Each and Everyone of You,
Mazy and Grandma Kedalittle angelcloud 9little angel

Amazing- Grace

Purred: Tue Jun 29, '10 12:14pm PST 
waveHowdy Everyonedancing We found a devotional on Courage and Faith. We really enjoyed the teaching, so are sharing this below.cheercheercheerWe think your Spirit will receive an Awesome Boost from this devotional.

way to goway to gopuppykittyway to goway to gopuppykitty
Faith Manifested in Courage

Where do you find your courage? The strongest courage that we can possibly experience comes from faith in God. We find courage when we trust in His power, in His character, in His promises, and in His Word. When our faith is in the omniscient, omnipotent, and omnipresent God, what should we fear?

Courage is one of the greatest manifestations of faith. Courageous faith is confident that God cannot and will not make a mistake. Courageous faith knows that God cannot be wrong. Courageous faith is confident that God can never be defeated. Read Hebrews 11:30-40. This section of the passage lists several biblical heroes who demonstrated great courage: "who through faith conquered kingdoms, administered justice, and gained what was promised; who shut the mouths of lions, quenched the fury of the flames, and escaped the edge of the sword; whose weakness was turned to strength; and who became powerful in battle and routed foreign armies" (Hebrews 11:33-34).

Sometime courageous faith leads to dangerous situations. The people listed in this passage did not always conquer the enemy without any injuries. "Some faced jeers and flogging, while still others were chained and put in prison. They were stoned; they were sawed in two; they were put to death by the sword. They went about in sheepskins and goatskins, destitute, persecuted and mistreated—the world was not worthy of them. They wandered in deserts and mountains, and in caves and holes in the ground" (Hebrews 11:36-38)

Even if we experience persecution or hardships because of our faith, we know that God has the ultimate victory. As this passage highlights, God gave His people the victory over the fortified walls of Jericho. He used the least likely people, including a pagan prostitute, to bring about His plans and victories. Gideon was greatly outnumbered, yet he conquered the enemies. Barak trusted in God's plan and he vanquished the enemy. Samson accepted God's call and delivered the Israelites from the Philistines. Jephthah trusted in the power of God, and God gave him the victory. David was able to defeat Goliath because he trusted in the one true God of Israel. Samuel fought the unfaithfulness of God's children and called a nation to repentance. Prophets like Daniel, who closed the mouths of lions, trusted God and triumphed.

None of these people would have experienced victory with a weak, ineffective faith. Each of them was courageous in their faith because they knew the enormity of God's power and trusted that He would follow through on His promises. They knew that if God commanded them to act in battle, then God had a plan for victory. God's plans may not always make sense to us, but if God is truly speaking, then we must follow in obedience. Can you imagine what Joshua must have felt walking in circles around Jericho? Or what Gideon must have felt facing a people described as "thick as locusts" (Judges 7:12). Yet they followed through with God's plan because they had courageous faith.

Only courageous faith will keep us going when we are puzzled by our circumstances, when we are suffering for our choices, and when we are going through the valley. Following God's plan will not always be easy, but we can trust that the all-powerful God will continue to equip us and guide us and strengthen us in our battles. We must always trust in the good and holy God who will never make a mistake. We must persistently believe in the sovereign hand of God who is working our behalves. We must continuously call on Him in prayer and follow Him with all our hearts. We must remember that even in our suffering we are victorious, because our eternal dwelling place is in heaven. No matter what situations or enemies we face, we can be confident because Christ has won the greatest victory—and that is a great foundation for courageous faith.

God may not be calling you to a dangerous battle or a life-threatening situation, but eventually we will all face calls to step out of our comfort zones. At some point, if we are acting in courageous faith, we will experience ridicule and scorn. Will you continue to follow God in obedience when your social standing is threatened? Will you follow God's plan when your friends and family refuse their support? If your faith withers in the face of fear, confess this to God. Seek His help in developing a faith so firm in God that you will find powerful courage to do His work.

God Save America: Michael Youssef is asking 100,000 Bible-believing Christians to pray for our nation between July 4th and November 2nd. Will you covenant with him to pray for our nation? If so, sign-up now!

We are Leading The Way for people living in spiritual darkness, at home and around the world, to discover the light of Christ as we passionately proclaim uncompromising Truth. Visit us today at www.leadingtheway.org

Listen to Michael Youssef on Today's Broadcast of "Leading The Way" at OnePlace.com

God Bless Each and Everyone of You
and Your Families, Mazy

little angelcloud 9little angelcloud 9little angel

p.s.- Praying you Enjoy this spiritual Food and Water....

Be back later....I have to supervise Grandma painting some exterior doors....Hope I get to put my autograph on them??? (After all the color of the paint is called Puppy Paws!)big laughbig laughbig laughbig laugh Really, trully is called puppy paws!!!!!snoopysnoopysnoopy

Amazing- Grace

Purred: Sun Jul 11, '10 12:34pm PST 
cheerdancingcheerdancing

A VERY Small Nugget Today.....

Lamentations 2:19
"Pour out your heart before the Lord...Lift up your hands toward Him for the lives of your children."way to go

Do we not always desire the best for our children and grandchildren? Of course, we do! I try very hard to lift my children and grandchildren up in prayer before the Lord on a very regular basis.
There are times, when Mom and Grandma just doesn't have a solution for their current problem or concern......

Their Father in Heaven, ALWAYS has a plan and a solution! So take your cares to the Lord in prayer.... Let Jesus carry your burdens....

Our little Mazy is a doxie, but to Grandma and Grandpa who have been empty nesters for many years.....Mazy is very much like an additional child. She knows she is the center of attention. (most of the time)
She willingly steps aside when the grandchildren visit. Allowing them to have the limelight.... Knowing they are part of our pack! They spent Friday and Saturday with us....Mazy went to the lake with them. Grandma gave Mazy her 1st. swimming lesson. Verdict on lake swimming is still out...shrug She did well, but not sure how much she likes it?dancing

Many of life's activities ...I didn't care for the 1st. time out... So, we try them, more than once...some grow on us and others don't...
As parents we protect our children as much as we can while growing up..... Our Heavenly Father tries to protect and provide for us, too.
We must take time to fellowship with Him. He will not force himself on us....Pull up a chair and sit down, have a heart to heart with the Lord. He's always there and always available...pour out your heart. Then sit back and listen to what the Lord gives to your spirit.way to go
You may be surprised at how long, He has been waiting for you to spend some extra time with Him?????cloud 9little angelcloud 9

If, this Helped your life in anyway..... Do let us know...way to go Do leave comments. Do feel free to leave things you have found here for the group.....happy dance

P.S.-We won't be posting often, until our PC issues are resolved and our daily schedule smooths out a little. We do apologize ... Grandma has herself spread as thin as she can, right now.....eek

God Bless You Allsnoopy
Huggies and Kissieskissinghugkissing
Mazy and Grandma K.

Amazing- Grace

Purred: Fri Jul 16, '10 9:35am PST 
Howdy Everyonbe!wave (We Hope you enjoy this devotional below)big grin

Day 15 Theme: Decision Making

Show me thy ways, O Lord; teach me thy paths - Psalm 25:4

The psalmist assumes two things in his short, but potent, prayer. First, he assumes that God has a way, a path, for him to take. God has an opinion about his life and he needs to know what it is. He realizes that God is interested in the smallest details, as well as the biggest decisions, of our lives.

Secondly, the psalmist assumes that the Lord is willing to show him, to teach him the path that He has for him. Sometimes we may wish that we had all the information that God has about us — what does the future hold, how would this decision affect my family, what is the right thing to do in such-and-such situation?

While God never promises to show us everything He knows, He has promised to lead and direct us with His infinite knowledge and wisdom. Therefore, we can benefit from His perfect understanding of our circumstances and future by simply and fervently seeking His perfect will for us in each decision we make, each path we take. Of course, He has revealed many objective and unchanging aspects of His will for us in the Bible, which is His Word.

Whatever decision you may be facing—daily and small, or momentous and life-changing—take the psalmist's prayer, and his concern, with you to God in prayer. "Lord, I know you have a path for me to take here; show me what it is and I will follow it, in accordance with your Word."

To explore more Bible-based resources visit our website, that "your rejoicing may be more abundant in Jesus Christ"
and
follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

Listen to the Baptist Bible Hour (BBH) broadcast on OnePlace.com.

Huggies and Kissies, Mazy and Grandma Keda
God Bless Each and Everyone......
way to gokissinghughappy dance

It's Friday...so here is my Happy Dance!snoopysnoopysnoopy

(Page 6 of 61: Viewing entries 51 to 60)  
[First 10 entry] Page Links:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  [Last 10 entry]