Golden Nuggets Shared by Amazing Grace

(Page 4 of 61: Viewing entries 31 to 40)  
[First 10 entry] Page Links:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  [Last 10 entry]  
Angel Sandra- Marie

Born to Chase

Purred: Fri Apr 30, '10 3:44pm PST 
I love what P.U.S.H stands for..something I will keep with me...little angel

Amazing- Grace

Princess of the- Ponderosa

Purred: Sat May 1, '10 9:43am PST 
MOTHER'S DAY IS COMING UP.....We are going to post a poem about a Mother. This was written long before I was ever born. I was age 13 and each student was given a different topic for English Class. It was spring, I was given find a poem, that had something to do with being a Mother. I went to the library and poured through books of poetry. The poem, I found that spoke to my heart was called "Somebody's Mother." (I'll post that poem below). I did a PC search today, to find that poem once again. The words in this poem stayed with me down through the decades. It was a difficult time in life for me. My father was serving in Vietnam. My mother, sister and I were living with my father's parents. I was a child on the brink of being a full blown teenager. Filled with tremendous fear by the horrible turmoil of war. I depended on my mother and my grandmother to keep me balanced in life. Guide me on a daily basis. Teach me the lessons of life. To raise me up spiritually grounded.
The poem spoke to me so strongly, that I shared it with the Pastor of our church. He ask, me to stand before the congregation on Mother's Day and share the poem. A tribute to all Mothers. Betterflies in my tummy and all... I did present that poem. That Sunday morning so very many years ago. There were Tears of Joy, in God's House. God Blessed the Mothers and Grandmothers that day. I was just beginning to understand, how God uses Us to speak to other people.
I pray, that this poem will richly Bless each and everyone who reads it.
little angellittle angellittle angel

******************************************** ******************************************************************** ******************************************************************** ********

Somebody's Mother

- Mary Dow Brine (1816-1913)

The woman was old and ragged and gray
And bent with the chill of the Winter's day.

The street was wet with a recent snow
And the woman's feet were aged and slow.

She stood at the crossing and waited long,
Alone, uncared for, amid the throng

Of human beings who passed her by
Nor heeded the glance of her anxious eyes.

Down the street, with laughter and shout,
Glad in the freedom of "school let out,"

Came the boys like a flock of sheep,
Hailing the snow piled white and deep.

Past the woman so old and gray
Hastened the children on their way.

Nor offered a helping hand to her -
So meek, so timid, afraid to stir

Lest the carriage wheels or the horses' feet
Should crowd her down in the slippery street.

At last came one of the merry troop,
The gayest laddie of all the group;

He paused beside her and whispered low,
"I'll help you cross, if you wish to go."

Her aged hand on his strong young arm
She placed, and so, without hurt or harm,

He guided the trembling feet along,
Proud that his own were firm and strong.

Then back again to his friends he went,
His young heart happy and well content.

"She's somebody's mother, boys, you know,
For all she's aged and poor and slow,

"And I hope some fellow will lend a hand
To help my mother, you understand,

"If ever she's poor and old and gray,
When her own dear boy is far away."

And "somebody's mother" bowed low her head
In her home that night, and the prayer she said

Was "God be kind to the noble boy,
Who is somebody's son, and pride and joy!"

-------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------
The above poem can be found for example in:

Felleman, Hazel, ed. The Best Loved Poems of the American People. Garden City, NY: Garden City Books, 1936.

P.S.- I am Richly Blessed to be a Grandmother myself.....Still have my Mother with me in this world.......We have 4 living generations of women in our family. My mother and grandmothers deeply affected the woman I have become. The most important jobs, I hold in life are being a Mother and a Grandmother..... kissing

Mazy and Grandma Kedasnoopy

Amazing- Grace

Purred: Sun May 2, '10 8:36am PST 
BEFORE I WAS A MOM
Author Unknown

Before I was a Mom,
I never tripped over toys
or forgot words to a lullaby.
I didn't worry whether or not
my plants were poisonous.
I never thought about immunizations.

Before I was a Mom,
I had never been puked on.
Pooped on.
Chewed on.
Peed on.
I had complete control of my mind
and my thoughts.
I slept all night.

Before I was a Mom,
I never held down a screaming child
so doctors could do tests.
Or give shots.
I never looked into teary eyes and cried.
I never got gloriously happy over a simple grin.
I never sat up late hours at night
watching a baby sleep.

Before I was a Mom,
I never held a sleeping baby just because
I didn't want to put her down.
I never felt my heart break into a million pieces
when I couldn't stop the hurt.
I never knew that something so small
could affect my life so much.
I never knew that I could love someone so much.
I never knew I would love being a Mom.

Before I was a Mom,
I didn't know the feeling of
having my heart outside my body..
I didn't know how special it could feel
to feed a hungry baby.
I didn't know that bond
between a mother and her child.
I didn't know that something so small
could make me feel so important and happy.

Before I was a Mom,
I had never gotten up in the middle of the night
every 10 minutes to make sure all was okay.
I had never known the warmth,
the joy,
the love,
the heartache,
the wonderment
or the satisfaction of being a Mom.
I didn't know I was capable of feeling so much,
before I was a Mom

Commentary:
Another Awesome reading about Motherhood. The toughest job, I've ever had. Came with 24/7 availablity. Salary was Zero......This has been the most rewarding of Life's Endeavors. Once a Mom always a Mom, their current age has nothing to do with your position. Job security.... My own Mother calls me at least once a week. Checking to see how her little girl is doing. (My own children are in their 30's) When they are having a tough time with something....they call Mom for her opinion. This tells me, with all the mistakes I feel I made in growing them up....Their opinion is different than mine. I am Blessed by their love, respect and friendship. As I grow older and struggle with health issues, they are there to pitch in and help. I love being a Grandmother.....
They have tons of excess energy....I find myself exhausted after their visits. "If they leave Happy and you are exhausted. In my opinion, You have been successful at the role of Grandmother."little angel Their energy level matches young Mazy's level. They have a Terrific time together...At just 2 mos. Mazy's 1st. mtg. of the family...she excepted them as Grandpa and Grandma's Human Pack.kissing

Amazing- Grace

Purred: Wed May 5, '10 4:41pm PST 
Whoever Follows Me, will Never Walk in Darkness
but have the Light of Life." John 8:12 little angel

What an AWESOME Promise from Our Lord Jesus.
Keep your Eyes on the Lord, NO MATTER WHAT is
coming against you in daily life.
Way back when I was a young gal: I looked at Life so differently.
I had this beautiful large dinner plate, heaped so full of food. The
food was sliding off the plate onto the table. As fast as, I would try
to pick up the spilled stuff and put it back on the plate. More stuff
would slide off. (The plate represented my corner of the world.
The food spilling off, represented all of life's duties, responsibilities,
and problems.) The Good, Bad and the Ugly.....
I would cry out to the Lord......Why, why...did You provide me a tiny
shrimp fork to pitch all these headaches back on the plate.....????
I really felt, I needed a pitchfork from the barns??????

People say that with Age Comes Wisdom.... Looking back, I Now Believe
that my tiny little fork was a tool. (the trials and tribulations of life were
to assist me in my personal grow, as a Christian.)The Lord used, that tool to
teach me some very important lessons in Life.
1. Straightening out my priorities in Life. (Keep , my Lord 1st. above all).
2. I needed to learn patience. (The Lord always has a plan, whether I
understand it or not.) 3. I needed to learn compromise. (Right or wrong,
I was prideful and wanted things my way.) 4. I needed to learn perseverance.
(The Godly Road in Life is often not the easiest road traveled.)

Well, I'm older now.....I'm still listening and looking for guidance from Lord, Jesus.
I'm still learning ....This WORLD is a Boot Camp for Eternity.... I pray, that I
pay attention and keep my Eyes on The Lord. None of Us are Perfect. We are flesh
and bone, we will stumble and fall. Praise the Lord, He is here to pick US up and
straighten US out. As we continue on OUR journey to become mature Christians.
Am I there,yet??????????Hardly!!!!! Thank God, I'm not where I used to be....
One day, as I draw my last breath, I pray, that I will have stayed the course, the Lord
laid out for me. So He will say, "Good and Faithful Servant."

Amazing- Grace

Purred: Sat May 8, '10 12:27pm PST 
wavewavewaveHi There furpals-------snoopysnoopysnoopy

I DO NOT KNOW WHAT TOMORROW WILL BRING....
BUT, I DO KNOW THAT GOD WILL BE UP BEFORE
THE SUN RISES.....happy dancehappy dancehappy dance

The snow and rain cleared out late yesterday.
God sent a double Rainbow to Grace the Sky....
Today while cool, but not in 30-40 range.....
God presented a Big Blue Clear Sky and Bright
Sunshine....Everyone is Out Shaking off some
of the yucky drug down feeling of a late spring storm....
Better part of the pass 2 wks. has either been rainy or
very high winds. Cooled off enough last night to even freeze.......

God Bless Each and Everyone of You,
Have an Awesome Mother's Day Weekend,
We are off to Walk the wide open prairie
and spend some extra time with Our, Lord.

Mazy and Grandma Kedasnoopysnoopysnoopy

Amazing- Grace

Purred: Sun May 9, '10 3:19pm PST 
Today's Reading: 2 Kings 7-9; John 1:1-28

Today's Thoughts: Mother's Day

"Teach us to number our days aright, that we may gain a heart of wisdom." Psalm 90:12

"Mom how was it in the olden days when you used to have to call the home phone to talk to your friend?" asked my teenage son. The world has definitely changed since the time my parents raised me. I would guess that the desires of a mother's heart have not changed as much.

So, what does the mother really want for Mother's Day? For me, I want my children to reach their full potential in good values and with strong character. I truly believe they can only achieve my goals for them if they walk with the Lord. Because my prayers do not have the power to force them into the desires of my heart, I pray that I might have the wisdom to lead them to the Lord.

Being a mother to children today is not easy. I continually need to remind myself that "I am the mother" as I am challenged to the core by children who have suddenly become taller, stronger and smarter than I. Repeating, "I am the mother!" aloud helps me stand my ground on many issues, as that answer is sufficient for any of their "whys?" Fortunately, I have noticed that these power struggles do not last long as their attention span changes with the next text message or Facebook update. One of the biggest challenges facing anyone to walk with the Lord today is all the stimuli competing for our concentration to pray and to listen to the Lord, as clearly displayed in the life of a teenager.

Teenagers love stimuli. Everything associated with them is loud, bright and fast. They text on their cell phone, email on Facebook, change their iPod tunes, sort through a homework schedule and then act as if they are listening to me. Children today prepare for a much different world since the days of roll down windows and rotary dial phones. Change has a new meaning in today's world.

Changes in the "things" are not my real concern for the next generation. I am concerned about the many things that compete for our children's attention. The world is loud in our ears and bright in our eyes. This way of life will only increase with advancing technology. I am NOT against change or technology; I am against constant, continual noise. If we are not proactive in protecting our minds from the noise, we are going to miss the things that matter most: a personal, walking talking relationship with the Lord.

As a new teenage believer, I heard God's voice the first time I read the Bible. I learned quickly that in seeking the Lord, my mind must be quiet, like developing a sixth sense. When we tone down our other senses, our awareness of God becomes more evident. A blind person depends more on their sense of hearing and a deaf person depends more on their sense of sight. When everything is shaking and moving, it is difficult to be in tune with your sixth sense of spirituality. If we do not develop ears to hear the Lord and eyes to see His perspective, we will diminish the greatest relationship we could ever have. Regardless of age or stage of life, spirituality is not a "sense" but a lifestyle.

Think about Jesus' lifestyle. He walked for miles without cell phones or iPods. He rose early to pray. He meditated and contemplated. As parents today, we need to foster an environment that provides the same opportunities, as we model the same behaviors in our lifestyle. Do we take the time to read the Bible or wake up early to pray? Do we know how to meditate and quiet our minds to sense the leading of the Lord?

A lifestyle with the Lord starts by praying to have an eternal perspective. Moses prayed it best in Psalm 90:12, "Teach us to number our days aright, that we may gain a heart of wisdom." Moses understood that we live maybe 70 to 80 years on this earth (Psalm 90:10) but eternity is forever. Are we spending our time and giving our attention to what matters for eternity? Are we making a difference here that counts someday up there? Mothers are to teach, train and lead their children to have an understanding of that eternal perspective. We must cultivate it in our daily lives so that our children learn from our example.

A great Mother's Day gift? My child playing worship songs on their iPod.

Our mission is to evangelize the lost and awaken the saved to live empowered lives by the Work of God and His Holy Spirit. Daily Disciples Ministries makes a difference for the kingdom of God by teaching and training believers how to be in God's Word, how to pray and how to walk with Jesus every day, as His daily disciple.
Daily Disciples Ministries, Inc.

little angellittle angellittle angel happy dancehappy dancehappy dance little angellittle angellittle angel

I found this today while I was spending time feeding my spirit. I decided to post this reading. While my children are 34 and 35 yrs. old. (I'm very proud of the adults they became...Even with all the mistakes.....they grew into wonderful productive, caring,loving adults.)
This devotional is what my heart desires for my Grandchildren. I do worry about how busy everything is these days. Everyone is racing, always going and doing... technology is a huge part of that. (Technology is wonderful, but like everything else in life .... we need to keep a balance)....As a Grandmother, I am most pleased when my grandchildren want to read a book. Play board games or cards (something without batteries or electricity). They have embraced playing marbles,hop-scotch,jacks,pick-up sticks....they are willing to do crafts and expand their imagination.......They learned to make homemade pizzas, as well as do-nuts at my house. They had the Best time doing so...We were building precious memories they will carry all their lives.
Young minds are huge sponges.... so you try to always set a good example, rather than do as I say, it should be, do as I do. I certainly do not envy the parents of this new century...The toughest job an adult ever has is the role of parent....way to gosnoopy

Amazing- Grace

Purred: Tue May 11, '10 12:13pm PST 
The Mustard Seed

"The mustard seed is the smallest of all seeds,
yet when it grows, it is the largest of garden
plants and becomes a tree."

"If you have faith as small as a mustard seed
nothing will be impossible for you."

Mt. 13:31, 17:20

The above came from a spiritual card I picked up in a Christian bookstore
years ago. I had made it into a frige magnet. The little reading has given me
courage, to stay the course in daily life. Fighting through your entire adulthood
with chronic health issues, wears on a person's spirit. I found, that if I keep my
spirit fed and watered: I am able to contend with the physical and mental
issues. I'm able to reign them in. Not allow them totally control my whole world.

The BIG lesson, I've learned in the last 35+years is: God created us as three part beings.
Spiritual,Physically and Emotional. (Spirit,Body and Mind). I have a spirit (my soul), I live in a
physical body (my earth suit for this world) and I have a mind.(my emotions,feelings and free
will to chose)....I endeavor everyday to keep my Spirit built up and strong. Not allow my Physical or Emotional to crawl over top of my spirit. (When they do....I take my
focus off my Lord and Savior.) Once that happens, I am fighting tooth and nail, to
remain balanced and grounded in my Daily Christian Walk. I also see my daily issues as too BIG to deal with or conquer.....So, Keep your eyes on Jesus and All Things Are Possible.....
little angelcloud 9little angel

May God Bless Each and Everyone of You Today,
Mazy and Grandma Keda

snoopysnoopysnoopy

Amazing- Grace

Purred: Thu May 13, '10 12:07pm PST 
little angelcloud 9little angel

The difference between Praising and Thanksgiving........

You PRAISE God by recognizing WHO HE IS.

You THANK God by recognizing WHAT HE HAS DONE.
Praise and Thanksgiving, as well as Prayer and Bible Study are big parts of our
Christian Journey.

Find a quiet place and spend some extra time with Jesus. Jesus has alot to share with us, when we stop racing around, settle in and wait upon Him.snoopysnoopysnoopy

We're so Happy, Jesus is always there to meet every possible need.cloud 9
Mazy and Grandma Keda

Amazing- Grace

Purred: Sat May 15, '10 12:08pm PST 
The reading below is from a plaque on my bedroom wall. I read it almost everyday. I do
my best to try and live by this. God doesn't make Junk! We are ALL Masterpieces Under Construction. That construction is the journey of a lifetime....

Letting Go
Author Unknown

Letting go does not mean to stop caring~
It means I can’t do it for some else.
Letting go is not cutting myself off
It is the realization I can’t control another.
Letting go is not to enable~
But to allow learning from natural consequences.
Letting go is to admit powerlessness~
Which means the outcome is not in my hands.
Letting go is not to try and change or blame another~
It is to make the most of myself.
Letting go is not to care for~
But to care about.
Letting go is not to fix~ but to be supportive~ it’s not to
Judge but to allow another to be a human being.
Letting go is not to be in the middle of arranging the outcome~
To allow others to affect their own destinies.
Letting go is not to be protective~
It is to permit another to face reality.
Letting go is not to deny but to accept.
Letting go is not to nag, scold or argue~ but instead
Search out my own shortcomings and correct them.
Letting go is not to adjust everything to my own desires
But to take each day as it comes and cherish myself in it.
Letting go is not to criticize and regulate anybody~
But to become what I believe I can be.
Letting go is not to regret the past~ but to grow and
Live for the future.
Letting go is to fear less and live more.
cloud 9little angelcloud 9little angelcloud 9little angel

Mazy and Grandma Kedasnoopysnoopysnoopy

p.s.- Enjoy your journey, for you are never alone. Jesus is always with us.cheercheercheer

Amazing- Grace

Purred: Sun May 16, '10 3:56pm PST 
little angelcloud 9little angelcloud 9little angel

My Lighthouse
by:prairiegal

A million glistening stars,
Can brightly shine across the night.
But never hold a candle to
The lighthouse in the night.

Brilliant moonbeams can,
Light the darkest night.
But never hold a candle to

Brilliant powdered blue sky and
Blazing golden sun on a summer’s day.
Still can never hold a candle to

The Lord, is the beacon who’s
Flame is strong and bright.
Nothing can ever hold a candle
To the lighthouse in the night.

All of my days and all of my nights,
Shall be guided by His light.
Only Jesus, can be my lighthouse,
To keep my earthly candle burning bright.

The scripture below was the inspiration for the above poem.
written: 5-16-2010 debicated to all of our group members

Is. 60:19 “ No longer shall the sun be your light by day, nor the brightness of the moon shine upon you at night; the Lord shall be
your light forever, your God shall be your glory.”

Mazy and Grandma Keda

hugkissinghugkissing

(Page 4 of 61: Viewing entries 31 to 40)  
[First 10 entry] Page Links:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  [Last 10 entry]