Mr. Hershey Bear's Olympic game lesson!!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Hershey

The master of- chocolate

Purred: Fri Feb 26, '10 9:37am PST 
HEY class! Welcome back! We have had many snow days but now we are back and its time to crack down!
big grin
Now, as most of you know, the winter Olympics are being held right now! To go along with that world event, today you will be using your doggie thinking caps to come up with ideas for what I am about to tell you. For your homework you will use your imagination and make up a winter sport for dogs! dog
Once you have an idea, please write a short essay describing what it is and how you could win the gold bone doing it!

Here is my example:
Snow Poodle Plunging!
Every poodle is eligible for this sport. While watching it on TV it may just look like a bunch of poodle diving off a spring bored into a pile of snow and tumbling down a hill with a perfect landing....BUT it actually takes a lot of skill and planning. Smart and energetic dogs do best in this sport but they must have the perfect amount of air time and speed in order to win the golden bone!!!!!

Hershey

The master of- chocolate

Purred: Fri Feb 26, '10 9:38am PST 
Please post your essays below!!!
Good Luck everyfur!!!!!!!
winkwinkwinkwink

Marley

If it Moves,- CHASE IT!

Purred: Fri Feb 26, '10 11:55am PST 
Well I think my winter sport would be Poodle snowball catching.
This takes much finesse and agility, as you have to spring into the air to catch the snowball. Once it hits the ground it will be impossible to find again as it blends in with all the rest of the snow. So scores are based on the height that you jump (relative to your size) to catch the snowball and how many snowballs you actually catch. Have fun!

Winnie Joy- CGC

I may be pretty,- but I am all- dog!

Purred: Fri Feb 26, '10 11:18pm PST 
I like vaulting over mud-puddles. (Much preferred to landing in them, at least for our pawrents!) Extra points for "hang-time" and catching a ball on the fly as you soar over the mud-puddle. Clearing a large one earns extra points and your pawrents never-ending gratitude! cheer Yea pup-lympics!

Nora

Staten Island- Poodle

Purred: Mon Mar 1, '10 9:53am PST 
I am an Olympic snowball catcher, like Marley. I enjoy the sport very much. Look at my page to see photos of me in action.

Marley

If it Moves,- CHASE IT!

Purred: Mon Mar 1, '10 2:09pm PST 
Nora I loved your snow pictures. I think you would win a snowball contest.

Nora

Staten Island- Poodle

Purred: Wed Mar 3, '10 6:39am PST 
Thanks Marley!

Sumo

Lady's Man

Purred: Wed Mar 3, '10 4:57pm PST 
I like making snow angels and think it should be an Olympic event...Technique and artistry is key....just check out my page...my photo titled "Bottoms up"

This could be the premier event ... just think of all the beautiful poodle snow angels that could be executed on pristine white powder.

Marley

If it Moves,- CHASE IT!

Purred: Thu Mar 4, '10 11:49am PST 
Sumo, I checked out your picture and I see your technique. I am going to have to go out and give that a try before all our snow melts.

Sumo

Lady's Man

Purred: Fri Mar 5, '10 12:28pm PST 
I know you can do it Marley...remember to twist into it laugh out loud

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2