kitty smells?

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Marty,

ImOneof18cats

Purred: Mon Oct 5, '09 7:37am PST 
Im looking for anyone who has tried many differant air fresheners,Please share what works or doesnt..I have many kitties and that totals alot of noses including mine..What air freshener really works in keeping the litterbox smell down..Its not my litter I have found fresh step works better for us.Im looking for something that lingers in the air longer and spreads throughout the home,something that smells good.Any Ideas?nic

Jack

Look, an empty- lap!

Purred: Tue Oct 6, '09 11:34am PST 
My Mommy found an oil at a chain store called The Body Shop that smells like oranges and lemons -- real citrusy. They have other smells as well (chocolate--yummy). You can buy a little contraption with a bowl for the oil (only need to put in a couple of drops) and a tea candle underneath. The oil lasts for quite a while and the whole house smells like oranges. She tried some other oils, but nothing works like those from The Body Shop. She heard, somewhere, that strong air fresheners and sprays can hurt a cat's lungs. Not sure if that is true -- maybe someone else knows?

KIBBLES

Purred: Wed Oct 7, '09 4:04pm PST 
We use Baking Soda for most of the smells. In the winter when the coal stove is one we burn different spices. Apple Cinnamon , etc. Hope this helps.

KIBBLES

Purred: Wed Oct 7, '09 4:04pm PST 
We use Baking Soda for most of the smells. In the winter when the coal stove is one we burn different spices. Apple Cinnamon , etc. Hope this helps.

Marty,

ImOneof18cats

Purred: Fri Oct 9, '09 4:34pm PST 
Reading about the oil you mentioned,I also remember years ago that I bought a small plug in (glass)lamp with a shade on top that had a small covered lip on top for such oils..I have never seen them sold in stores since then..I remember buying it back in the early 80's and wish they sold them again..This would work well..She always used her favoriate parfume in her lamp.I asked her about that tiny lamp,she said she couldnt remember what happened to it.Ill keep looking tho,maybe ill come across one oneday.nic

Kisu

Japanese Bobtail

Purred: Mon Oct 12, '09 11:45am PST 
We use those Tree thingys that you put in your car.
Mom hangs them on the wall near our litter box.
We like the PIne scent. 99 Cents per week smile

Marty,

ImOneof18cats

Purred: Mon Oct 12, '09 8:41pm PST 
Thats a really good idea,and is cheap,thanks for sharing..I cant figure out why I didnt think of that...Too deep in thought of other things

Kitten

Purred: Wed Dec 16, '09 8:30am PST 
kitty Greatest compliment ever paid to me was that guests had no idea I even had cats in the house until they saw them!!! I have 11 indoor cats and 4 huge cat boxes (approximately 5'' of litter per box or several pounds. It is deep enough that urine rarely touches bottom)

It was purely through trial and error that I learned the #1 way to control the odors was to start with the litter itself! I now ONLY use Tidy Cat multiple in the blue and yellow box (40# a month!) and I add about a quarter cup of baking soda every time I sift (which is about every other day) also I do complete dump and refresh of all litter about once a week to a week 1/2!

As an added trick I also use a generic brand of fabric freshener on the wall and on the floor under the boxes just about every day. Perhaps I am paranoid but it was and is a worry that my home will smell of cats!

Pumpkin

Sweet as Pie

Purred: Wed Dec 16, '09 4:31pm PST 
We have these things called Wallflowers that Mom gets at Bath and Body Works. Right now the "smell" is Pumpkin Pie Spice...or something like that. They last a month and Mom is told that if they didn't see us, no one would ever know there were cats living in the house....there are 3 of us...me, Amanda and Sugar.

Platelicker - ♥- DB#69

Platelicker- Prowlin's

Purred: Wed Dec 16, '09 6:52pm PST 
Mama uses Tidy Cat scoop clumping litter for multiple cats.

Mama puts Renuzit pop-ups around 99 cents most places (Raspberry is best).

Mama also uses Glade Sense & Spray motion-activated units. The unit comes with a refill sent and 2 AA batteries. She has one in every room. She likes Clean Linen and Hawaiian Breeze. The unit sprays a poof out the top every 30 minutes or you can touch the boost button and it will spray. The units last a long time. When you buy a refill only, it always has a $1.00 off coupon inside.

Mama also has a La-Tee-Da! effusion fragrance lamp. It has a glass base with a screw in burner stone with a wick attached. She buys La-Tee-Da! fragrance and pours it in the glass base. She likes Tropical Vanilla. She lights the burner stone, blows the flame out as instructed, then puts the vented heavy crown over the burner stone. She leaves the burner stone going for as long as she wants, then she takes off the vented heavy crown and puts the sold metal snuffer cap over the stone to extinguish. Then the crown back on top.

Mama never burns candles because we Purrs might get curious.

People have said "it smells so good in here". The End!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2