Parents Place

(Page 1 of 35: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  
Alex (The- Angel)

Alex has left- the building

Purred: Thu Feb 19, '09 5:45pm PST 
This is the place for the parents, guardians and loved ones of Olde Furts to talk.

Some of us Olde Furt parents, whose Furts have gone to the bridge, have a difficult time "speaking" for our angel cats. This is the place for us to speak as ourselves.

On a personal note, when my Alex went to the bridge a few months ago, I found it very difficult to continue "speaking" for him here on Catster. I have come back onto the site from time to time, but not as much as I once did. Hopefully this thread will help other Olde Furt guardians process this and other issues. little angel

xo, Rocky (Toot & Alex's Mom)

Nala Sue - [Angel]

6 - 30- 10 RIP

Purred: Thu Feb 19, '09 5:54pm PST 
this site is a wonderful idea. i pray it is a success. i am a newcommer. i know one day my grandcats will pass. to have a special place to go to help me in my grief is comforting. you all are a very special group. thank you! beckie,[nala sues nana

Koko ~ Gone- but not- forgotten

I am Koko, hear- me roar!

Purred: Thu Feb 19, '09 6:14pm PST 
Hi,
Koko's mom Nikki here. I found it so very hard to speak on his behalf after my precious boy became an angel. I still have a hard time doing it and it's been 7 months. I miss him every day and I feel like seeing his picture and "speaking" for him make the fact that he isn't here more real. (if that makes sense!) I'm glad that there is a thread here for us "pawents" to speak for ourselves. I miss my best boy so very much but I'm ever so thankful that I have 3 other little kitties to keep me company. I hope that this thread will give other pet parents comfort and support when they need it! Catster/Dogster people truly are some of the most compassionate people I have ever had the privilege to meet!

Sparky ~- forever in- our hearts

Daddy's sweet- boy!

Purred: Thu Feb 19, '09 6:31pm PST 
hi!
I'm Liz, "momma" to my angel Sparky and earth Olde Furts Ginngie & Chip, not to exclude my young furts on earth and my precious Sweetie who we lost at a very young age.

We joined Catster, found it after Sparky went to the Bridge. He was first invited to Rainbow Bridge kitties and it took me a LONG time to feel comfortable speaking for him. It's easier now, but I still can't speak comfortably for Sweetie. She was just a totally different kitty....and we only knew her for a day, but she had such a profound effect on our lives.

Anyway, I love the idea of this thread and think it will be very helpful to share thoughts, ideas....and grief. We all need a shoulder every now & then.

hug

Nala Sue - [Angel]

6 - 30- 10 RIP

Purred: Thu Feb 19, '09 7:24pm PST 
i still am having trouble missing my dog kelly ann. i still remember the cats i've had in childhood, that are no longer here. you never forget. but it does get easier.
beckie [nala sues nana

Beloved- Angel Amelia- loves HL!

I am finally- with my True- Love Bill....

Purred: Fri Feb 20, '09 7:31am PST 
Thank you Alex for starting this applause and thank you Simon for suggesting it applause and thank you Old Furts for supporting it! applauseapplauseapplause

Meowmy found that what helped her was having Hugo and me have mates at the Bridge. (Hello Bill, my sweetheart!!) cloud 9 It helped her let us go more easily knowing we were loved and taken care of by other kitties at the Bridge.

Our love and sympathy to all those who have lost beloved kitties.... there's no replacement for our loved ones, but there are new kitties who need homes and love, and new opportunities to love anew... (and purr-lease no one think we are minimizing the loss of a beloved kitty, because we would never do that...)

hug

Simon,- little- bodhisattva

Ye Olde Bard

Purred: Fri Feb 20, '09 9:56am PST 
Speaking of kitties that needed homes...Simon sent me a new kit. His name is Jackson Pawlick. He' s a tuxedo like Simon, with IBD like Simon, and likes (already!) to sleep with me, like Simon did. Everyone loves him. He is not so keen on the dogs yet, but its only been one night. He is different from Simon, of course. Though his rear end looks a lot like him, with these big white paws and fluffy fur... I get a little confused then sad when I see him walking away. He's a big talker... that's new for me.

I am not replacing him.... that is impossible. But I swear Simon knew that helping another kitty would be the best way for me to heal... and he picked the right one!

Ali

Murray1

Walk softly,- bite hard

Purred: Fri Feb 20, '09 11:29am PST 
I'm Murray's mom, Kathy.

Ali, the same thing happened to me when Murray left. I was browsing Petfinder looking for a Maine Coon because my husband and Miles were so despondent. And there was Murray's face!

When I looked closer, he was in Iowa and we're in Texas, but he had Murray's exact smile and look in his eye. So then I felt compelled to go get him. In person he doesn't really look as much like Murray as that first picture did, but I believe Murray found a sweet kitty who needed us and guided me there. Murray2 is the sweetest cat you'd ever want to meet.

I'm happy Simon is still looking out for you as well.

Mackenzie- (1997-2013)

Miss Priss

Purred: Fri Feb 20, '09 11:30am PST 
Kenzie's Mama Stephanie here - I'm so glad to see this place, too, as I do not plan to speak for my cats when the time comes. However, staying away from Catster would just be too much, because who else would understand my carrying on about my babies? Naturally the voices of our babies really are our voices, so why do we have to part because our loves are gone? That's when we need the support more than ever!

Purrs to each of you who are freshly mourning right now. My heart cries for you & also prays I still have many years of love with my Baby!
hug

Angel Soc- Dreamboat- #56

sir soc because- he thinks hes- the boss

Purred: Fri Feb 20, '09 11:40am PST 
Hello my name is sandra i am socs momcat and i would just like to say that since joining the group i have discovered that i am not alone in being upset when a kitty that i have never even met gets ill or goes to the bridge ,everybody here is truly wonderful caring and thoughtful ,what a lovely group of people, best site on tne internet,i have made so many new friends through catstercheercheercheercheercheer

(Page 1 of 35: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]