What brand and type of food do you eat?

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  
Pierre

MUST HAVE- PANCAKE!!

Purred: Wed Feb 13, '08 5:59am PST 
I know this is a question that is often asked, however, I am interested in knowing what my fellow "poodles" eat......kibble or wet? or both? raw or prepared?

Mum just thinks it is odd that all of a sudden there is no news or info on the pet recall food problem....she can't see how it could all go away and be corrected so suddenly?!?! She doesn't trust the industry, and was just wondering what everyone else does.....
woof woof!

BTW - we use Canidae dry kibble. I am sensitive and throw up very easily. I cannot have any human food, except carrots for treats and an occasional bite of pancake (my fav) .snoopy

Pacey-CGC

To err is human,- to forgive is- canine

Purred: Wed Feb 13, '08 1:34pm PST 
Pierre,

When I 1st came to live with my mom I was on dry food only. However, my vet told my mom that although eating just dry food is fine, that if she could add real meat to my diet, it is actually better.

I am a super picky eater, so mom tried all kinds of canned food for me. By recommendation of my cousin, Mika (who is also a toy poodle) I tried “Merricks” brand dog food. Oh, boy is it good. My favorite flavor is the “Wingalings.”

My mom was a little nervous about feeding me the food because she had never heard of it; so she presented it to my vet and my vet did some research on the Merricks and actually now offers it in her office. The Merricks uses all organic food sources, so I have never had a reaction to the food ever. Also, the Merricks brand was never on the list of the recalled pet food; so mom did not have to worry about me having problems with my kidneys.

My mom now has me on the Merricks dry and canned food and I could not be happier. Plus, by having a little wet food mixed in with my dry food my skin does not itch and my coat is always shiny (well, so long as I don’t roll in the mud).

My mom has very strong feelings about her fur baby (me) having a healthy diet. She feels that my rainbow bridge sister, Pepper, could have had a longer life if my mom could have offered her a healthier diet. The thing is, pet nutrition is a new study and they did not have the information then that they have now.

Sorry about the long post; but it is encouraged for humans to have a healthy diet, why shouldn’t we?

I think that speaking with your vet about what is the best diet for you is the place to start. But if you want to do some research into the food that I eat here is the link: http://www.merrickpetcare.com/

hughughughughughug

Pierre

MUST HAVE- PANCAKE!!

Purred: Wed Feb 13, '08 2:12pm PST 
Oh, thank you thank you thank you for your kind and informative replysmile

I do very well on Canidae, but that does not mean I will not check out your website. THANKS again!
p.s. mom agrees with your healthy reference to people eating healthy and dogs should too! I am not a picky eater, but I have a sensitive stomach, and I get sick easy....
thanks again!

Pierre

MUST HAVE- PANCAKE!!

Purred: Wed Feb 13, '08 2:28pm PST 
Its kinda funny, but in the forums page under food (or something like that) there is a whole thread in this Merricks brand food. Very high recommendations there, too!

Pacey-CGC

Purred: Wed Feb 13, '08 3:33pm PST 
Once I read your post I looked in the forums too. I saw the forum on the Merricks and looked at it too. Its nice to know that other doggies like it too.cheer

Pierre

MUST HAVE- PANCAKE!!

Purred: Wed Feb 13, '08 3:34pm PST 
But, I only would have believed it coming from a fella poodle (hee hee hee)way to go

Pierre

MUST HAVE- PANCAKE!!

Purred: Wed Feb 13, '08 3:38pm PST 
Oh my dogness, Pacey, I went onto the website and then I went on store locater and guess what?? GUESS!! The store we go to sells it! Agway in Middlefield, CT! Woo hoo! We are going tomorrow and are gonna try a few cans of wet food to add to our dry food.....

We'll keep you posted as to how my belly felt about it!

Pacey-CGC

Purred: Wed Feb 13, '08 3:51pm PST 
Remember since you have a sensitive stomach to blend with your old food until you get used to the new food.way to go so you don't have any tummy problems. I would not want to recommend a food then you get sick on itfrown

But I really think you may like it.hug If you try the wingalings canned it has a real chicken wing in it, bone and all (don't worry the bone is slow cooked so it melts, and does not cause any problems), but bone marrow is really good for uscheer

Keep me posted on how you like the food? Good luck.hughug

Oh, I almost forgot, Merricks has all kinds of flavors, but there is one, I forgot the name of it, but it has trout or bass or some kind of fish, anyway, I REFUSE to eat that flavorsilenced Fish is for Cats!!! Blah.

Pacey-CGC

Purred: Wed Feb 13, '08 3:59pm PST 
Oh, one more thing...and this may not apply to you, but mom only puts a little bit of the canned on my dry; just enough to make a gravy over the dry food.

Mom normally will break-up the chicken (meat) into little bites for me. Some of the canned food comes in a sausage shape (Brauts-n-Tauts) and she will cut thoose up into bite sizes for me too (she will only give me one per feeding).big grin

Pierre

MUST HAVE- PANCAKE!!

Purred: Wed Feb 13, '08 4:38pm PST 
Mum is getting hungry reading this post! BOL!snoopy

Mum will make sure to only give me a little bit with my dry food!

THANKS AGAIN!

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4