Could Democrats Influence Our Primaries?

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
U-Cat - (Loving- Memory)- 1988-07

Little Six-Toes

Purred: Fri Jan 25, '08 10:14pm PST 
First I want to welcome everyone who joined. I think were going to have a lot of fun. Thank you for your imput. I hope you will continue to offer suggestions. All are welcome. Now, for our first topic: Republican Primaries: I like to work at the polls on Election Days. I like to be there, just to make sure everything stays above board. I encourage everyone to sign up and work as a polling official in your district, if you are able. It's a long day, but it's only ONE day, and there is so much at stake. As you know, Democrats have got to be watched and kept in check, or they will pull all kinds of underhanded tactics to try and steal votes. The devices that they use are another discussion entirely. (If you have ever worked the polls, you've seen it too) My concern right now is for our primary. I noticed while working the local elections in May that quite a few Democrats have changed their status to Unaffiliated. Two things could explain this: Liberals are waking up...they are disillusioned with their party OR...they think that Hillary is a lock and so they are voting in OUR primaries in order to influence it to their benefit, swaying the nomination to our least electable candidate Think about it. The chances that Liberals are actually finally opening their eyes "en masse"..is about as unlikely as Bill Clinton telling the truth. And look at the numbers....what Republican in their right mind would vote for McCain? Anybody else see this? thinking

Edited by author Fri Jan 25, '08 10:17pm PST

Tabitha

I'm the smart- twin!!!!!!

Purred: Sat Jan 26, '08 2:24pm PST 
We agree. Mom has to work at her regular job on Tuesdays. When Mom voted last time, it was run by Dems. This one old woman saw the "R" on her voter ID card, and "conveniently" couldn't find her name on the registration list!!!! Mom found it and kept pointing it out to her until she finally let Mom vote!!! And then she purposely told her to go to the wrong place, making voting very difficult for Mom!! Mom was so P.O.'d!!! To answer your other question, we were all for Fred Thompson until he dropped out. Now were like "Who are we going to support!?!?!?" We've yet to have a primary where only registared R's are allowed to vote!!! Dems can't win at the voting booth, so they have to cheat to gain their power.

Felica 1988 - 2007

Lady Fee, our- little angel

Purred: Sat Jan 26, '08 3:03pm PST 
I wouldn't put anything past the Dems!!!
Ha, we had the same thought in reverse.
We were actually telling our Left Wing friends to vote for Obama, thinking if he got the nomination that he would lose against any Republican running.

Zoe- (1997-2013)

The Queen of- Binge and Purge!

Purred: Sat Jan 26, '08 3:51pm PST 
I can see a Hilary/Obamba ticket. I've predicted that for months!!

Herman-In- Loving- Memory

Don't Hate Me- Because I'm- Beautiful

Purred: Sun Jan 27, '08 8:25am PST 
If Hussein-Obama picks HER for VP she'll have him whacked. Remember Vince Foster?

Logan- (1996-2009)

Because I'm the- Capt. That's- why!

Purred: Sun Jan 27, '08 11:24am PST 
I really don't think she'll except VP! But then again, who knows?? The Clintons are good at getting a lot of people whacked!!!!! Remember the Ron Brown thing????

Seána

If it's not on- the floor, it- should be!

Purred: Sun Jan 27, '08 6:56pm PST 
Hi, guys! Good to be among some sensible people and cats! There are sure a lot of people who like cats that are Democrats...we checked out the Democat page and there are over 500 members! Our Mom was for Thompson too, til he dropped out. There isn't too much out there to vote for this time around...they are all too liberal for us...Romney seems the best of the bunch left...definitely NOT McCain...we don't trust him...a liberal in a conservative suit! What do you guys think?

Fiona

I 'm a Diva!!

Purred: Sun Jan 27, '08 7:09pm PST 
That's right, Seana. At our house we refere to McCain as a RINO (republican in name only) We're probaby going to support Romney now. We can't tell anyone in our RnB group, though. They all hate him because he supposedly strapped the family dog in his carrier on top of the car while going on family vacation. shrug

U-Cat - (Loving- Memory)- 1988-07

Little Six-Toes

Purred: Mon Jan 28, '08 11:10am PST 
We were for Duncan Hunter, then Fred, and now we're for Romney too (even though this is the first I am hearing about his being a DOG person...oh well-you can't have everything)

Edited by author Tue Apr 10, '12 6:17pm PST

Tabitha

I'm the smart- twin!!!!!!

Purred: Mon Jan 28, '08 3:24pm PST 
Well said!!! laugh out loud

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2