MILWAUKEE PUPPY WORLD PROTEST APRIL 08'

Annabelle

Purred: Sun Dec 30, '07 12:31am PST 
Hosted By: Gina Skorka
When: Saturday Apr 19, 2008
10:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Where: Puppy World Pet Store
4647 South 27th Street (S. of 894 in Kmart Plaza)
Greenfield, WI 53221
(The Sidewalk of South 27th Street)
Stop puppy mills and the pet stores who keep them in business!

Protest with me at Puppy World this spring!

I am putting together a protest at Puppy World this spring. Puppy World is a pet store in Greenfield, WI (Milwaukee area) that sells puppies. I have contacted the Greenfield Police Department in advance, now all I need is for all you animal rights activists and animal lovers to attend the protest and help spread our message. The protest will take place on south 27th street sidewalk, in April. I will post more information as the date gets closer. Please contact me in advance and let me know if you are interested in joining the protest. I would like to get an approx. head count of how many of us there will be. This will be a peaceful protest; obviously we can't spread the word about pet stores and puppy mills if we are not allowed to be there! PLease contact me and join the fight against the cruelty of puppy mills and the pet stores who keep them thriving!

We protestors understand that our protest at Puppy World Pet Store in Greenfield, WI is to remain a peaceful one. We understand that the Greenfield Police Department has strick guidelines for us and that we are to follow those guidelines or we will not be allowed to protest any longer.
We want to spread our message to the public and we understand we cannot do that if we are not allowed to be there so we will follow these guidelines:

We will ONLY protest on the sidewalk of south 27th street. We understand that this is public property.

We will NOT stand in front of the Puppy World Pet store. We understand this is private property.

We will NOT stand in the parking lot. We understand this is private property. We will NOT leaflet cars, we understand this is NOT allowed.

We will NOT stand on Layton Avenue, we understand this is a traffic hazard.

We will NOT block driveways or any other area the public is trying to access.

We will NOT force literature upon anyone, we will ONLY offer it.

We will NOT create any disturbances OR cause any complaints to arise. We understand that if there are complaints about us we have to leave.

We will NOT scare away the public, instead we will appear aproachable so they can ask us questions or find out why we are here. We WANT to share our information with the public.

We will NOT use foul language or profanity. After all, we would not do that anyway because we want to be taken seriously.

We WILL however, tell the public about the cruelty of pet stores and the puppy mill industry. We WILL let the media know something needs to be done about the laws regarding this industry.
We WILL have signs that show the public what puppy mills are like.
We WILL offer literature that is educational about pet stores and puppy mills to the public.
We WILL be heard!

We are protesting Puppy World in Greenfield WI on the sidewalk of south 27th street on Saturday, April 19th from 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM

For more information visit www.myspace.com/ginaskorka and visit my blog.

Annabelle

Purred: Fri Jan 25, '08 10:45am PST 
Since I have posted this information on my myspace page, tons of stories have flooded my inbox. People have been writing me to tell me about their sad story of a puppy they purchased from puppy world. Stories about how they had to put their dog down, stories about all the health problems their puppy had, stories about the HUGE vet bills mounting up. If you have a story you would like to share about a purchase from puppy world, please contact me. If you would like to help stop this from happening to others, please protest witrh us.