CABBIE NEEDS OUR HELP!

Colby

Call me Mr.- Colby Sugarpants

Purred: Sun Sep 2, '07 7:54am PST 
Cats, we need to pull together to help this guy. Please feel free to cross-post this to your other groups – let’s spread the word far and wide to help this Catster in need. This poor guy has been through so much!

Cabbie (CABBIE) and his house mate, Chaos, disappeared from their home 2 years ago. They were indoor/outdoor cats with a cat door. Even though they had collars, tags and microchips, they were ABDUCTED from their neighborhood and taken to a "sanctuary" where there were hundreds of cats starving, dying and receiving no medical care. Best Friends Animal Society stepped in on behalf of more than 400 animals at this "sanctuary". You can read some of the many articles about this here: BEST FRIENDS ANIMAL SOCIETY ARTICLES ON CAT “SANCTUARY” AND RESCUE

Cabbie and Chaos were scanned for microchips and reunited with their family. You can read the article about that here: ARTICLE ABOUT CABBIE AND CHAOS REUNITED WITH THEIR FAMILY

Chaos is underweight, but OK. Cabbie, a senior cat, is NOT! He has heartworms and is FIV+. He's in VERY bad shape, but his mom is fighting to help him get healthy again. You can read more about what is going on with him at this Caster forum: CAT HEALTH FORUM

We've been talking to Cabbie's mom and while he is improving a little bit, he has a LONG way to go. His family was already having financial difficulties before this happened and now it is even tougher for them. Each time that Cabbie's blood count is tested, it costs $175. He is going to begin treatments to help boost his red blood cell production, but the Epogen injection is $65 each week. The medical expenses are really adding up, but his family isn't giving up on him. His mom has set up an account at Bank of America if you'd like to donate. Please contact her at CABBIE’S MOM’S EMAIL ANY help would be appreciated as even small donations add up.

Colby

Purred: Mon Sep 3, '07 11:37am PST 
Mom talked to Cabbie's mom today and he had a pretty bad set-back last night and had to go to the emergency vet. He apparently had an ear infection that they didn't know about, and his ear drum burst! He will probably lose his hearing in that ear and will likely always hold his head to the side, as he is doing now. The pupil on that side of his head is dilated, as well.

The family had had enough in the bank for two Epogen treatments and one blood count test, but they had to use all of that last night. Poor Cabbie! We're purring our very best for you!!

Colby

Purred: Mon Sep 3, '07 11:42am PST 
The link I posted for Cabbie's Mom's email doesn't work. Her email is:

lvrabbitlv@yahoo.com

We also have the account information for donations if you want to contact my family directly. We just weren't comfortable posting it!

Colby

Purred: Tue Sep 4, '07 1:54pm PST 
lvrabbitlv@yahoo.com

This is also Cabbie's Mom's PayPal email, so if anyone would like to PayPal a donation, send it to this email address.