Has anyone thought of this?

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
SnowStorms- Artic Angel

Have You Seen- BLUE #620507

Purred: Fri May 11, '07 3:23pm PST 
How about doing a search for vet clinics in the Auburn WA area and calling them to see if anyone has brought in a dog that matches Teddi Sues description. If someone has found her maybe they would take her to the vet or call the vet to see if anyone has lost a dog.

Sharon, Bandit, Angel and Kiera

Fritz, CGC

Live each moment- passionately

Purred: Fri May 11, '07 7:50pm PST 
Taking my cue from Fritz who traveled over 928 miles (from Kentucky to Ohio to New York before my drive of 525.4 miles one way) to bring him to his forever home here in New Hampshire . . . all within 3 weeks!!! Fritz got from Kentucky to a NY rescue with "PET TRANSPORTERS" . . . SOOOoooo, if Teddi Sue isn't in Auburn WA, she had to get transported somehow . . .

I have been working at this for several days BUT it is a daunting task to contact all the possible pet transporters and rescue pet transporters in the northwestern states (& Canada).
I called & spoke to the Washington regional office of "The Animal Transportation Association" today, with less than stellar results (so TRUST ME, we can scratch that one off the list) . . . While I also have e-mail responses I'm waiting on;

BUT THERE ARE MORE with photos & contacts:

Canadian Chihuahua Rescue and Transport
http://www.ccrt.net/index.shtm

Chihuahua Rescue & Transport (CRT), Inc.
http://www.chihuahua-rescue.com/

The Internet Miniature Pinscher Service, Inc. (IMPS)
http://www.minpinrescue.org/

Anyone out in the Washington area want to call/make inquiry at the following?
Above the Clouds Pet Transport
La Center, Washington (WA), United States
Office Phone :+1 360-263-4576
OR
http://www.animalsanywhere.com/
Atwood's Pet Transport
Orting, Washington (WA), United States
Office Phone :+1 253-862-9454
Fax :+1 253-862-3687
After Hours :+1 253-862-5234

If not, then I'll call them on Monday --- somehow we JUST HAVE TO help put this baby back in her family's arms . . .
With Prayers & Love, Fritz & "Daddy"

Lucas- Xenakis

Born to be- loveable

Purred: Sun May 13, '07 10:35am PST 
Hello,

I have contacted Atwoods Pet Transport, the AATA (Animal Transportation Association) and IPATA (Independent Pet & Animal Transportation Association Int'l) via e-mail.

Waiting to hear back. Will keep everyone posted.

Love, Lucas

Lucas- Xenakis

Born to be- loveable

Purred: Sun May 13, '07 10:44am PST 
Hello,

I have also contacted Canadian Chihuahua Rescue and Transport
with an e-mail

and the Chihuahua Rescue & Transport (CRT), Inc. - the southern california coordinator (handes Oregon and Washington)

I checked all the pictures on these sites and nothing matches, but at least now they know to look out for teddi sue (I put a link to her info. page in the mail).

I hope something comes out of this!!!

I will keep everyone posted.

Love, Lucas

Edited by author Sun May 13, '07 10:58am PST

Lucas- Xenakis

Born to be- loveable

Purred: Sun May 13, '07 11:06am PST 
Hello all,

Last messages sent to www.minpinrescue.org - it goes by zones, so I sent it to Vicki who handles Oregon, Washington, Idaho and Montana.

Lets keep our hopes up!!

Love, Lucas

Chatchi- (R.I.P.)

In Memory of- Chatchi

Purred: Sun May 13, '07 4:52pm PST 
Those are all good ideas. Is there anything I can do, I emailed people like governers and news people but I got nothing back.
I feel so helpless. cry

Come home Teddi!

Lucas- Xenakis

Born to be- loveable

Purred: Mon May 14, '07 7:08am PST 
Hello all,

OK, in my internet searches, I found this...good checklist to see if we have all bases covered and also helps us NOT to lose hope.

Finding a Lost Pet
When your beloved dog or cat strays from home, it can be a traumatic experience for both of you. Here are some tips that we hope will help you find your pet.

Contact local animal shelters and animal control agencies. File a lost pet report with every shelter within a 60-mile radius of your home and visit the nearest shelters daily, if possible. To find your local shelter go to www.pets911.com or check your phone book. If there is no shelter in your community, contact the local police department. Provide these agencies with an accurate description and a recent photograph of your pet. Notify the police if you believe your pet was stolen.
Search the neighborhood. Walk or drive through your neighborhood several times each day. Ask neighbors, letter carriers, and delivery people if they have seen your pet. Hand out a recent photograph of your pet and information on how you can be reached if your pet is found.
Advertise. Post notices at grocery stores, community centers, veterinary offices, traffic intersections, online at www.pets911.com, and other locations. Also, place advertisements in newspapers and with radio stations. Include your pet's sex, age, weight, breed, color, and any special markings. When describing your pet, leave out one identifying characteristic and ask the person who finds your pet to describe it.
Be wary of pet-recovery scams. When talking to a stranger who claims to have found your pet, ask him to describe the pet thoroughly before you offer any information. If he does not include the identifying characteristic you left out of the advertisements, he may not really have your pet. Be particularly wary of people who insist that you give or wire them money for the return of your pet.
Don't give up your search. Animals who have been lost for months have been reunited with their owners.

Shaela

Play With Me!

Purred: Mon May 14, '07 8:51am PST 
Has anyone thought of hiring a private investigator? I am going to look up some info on that right now. I would pitch in for that!

Lucas- Xenakis

Born to be- loveable

Purred: Tue May 15, '07 2:20am PST 
I sent messages out to the following (waiting to hear back):

Internet.Inquiries@banfield.net
'info@bellinghamvets.com '
'info@alternativehumanesociety.org'
'nooksackah@telcomplus.net'
outreach@whatcomhumane.org'

AND regarding news coverage:

I wrote to KenSchram@komo4news.com again to see if they will put us on the news.

Also, Dancer wrote me back the following message in my paw mail:

Subject: Re: Teddi Sue Sent: Mon May 14

When I was on Good Morning America me left a flyer and Teddi Story with the producer who said they would forward it to a few people...me will call and find out what is going on.

Lucas- Xenakis

Born to be- loveable

Purred: Tue May 15, '07 2:56am PST 
Hello all,

Places I sent a message to on Sunday and still haven't heard from (some are the links Fritz gave):

Forminpins@aol.com
SouthernCACoordinator@chihuahua-rescue.com
info@ccrt.net
lee@animalsanywhere.com
Intl IPATA@aol.com
AATA@npscmgmt.com

Let's hope we hear from them soon!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2