Hello...wanted to join your group!

Gromit

Lovely Livy's- Loving Lad!

Purred: Wed May 2, '07 7:27am PST 
Hi!

I saw this group listed on someone's page and I thought I'd join, since one of the reasons my mommy went on catster was to meet other special kitty parents. And when I arrived I saw my friend Hailey is already here!

Like Hailey, I have epilepsy. I began having seizures at about nine months old, and when I was about 15 months old they were happening every two weeks. I went on phenobarbitol then. We've increased my dosage twice, and in the 11 months since the last increase I've only had four seizures, two of which were very mild.

I had VERY definite opinions about being orally dosed so my mommy and daddy looked for other options. The solution turned out to be an unflavored glycerine suspension which is pretty tasteless. My dose gets squirted on a little canned food or tuna and I eat it right down! It's not cheap, but it's so much easier on us all.

Shadow

I've a right to- Grouchiness!!!

Purred: Wed May 23, '07 11:44am PST 
Howdy my fellow feline epilepsy kitty! I have epilepsy too! I also take phenobarb and I do well on it. So far I haven't had to increase my dose like you. I am always glad to meet kitties like me. Mommy loves learning more and more about my condition since the vet said it is rare in cats. hmm?

Shadow ^..^