Homemade Cat Food

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 15)  
1  2  
Spikey

Play That- Funky Music- White Cat

Purred: Wed Aug 22, '07 12:36pm PST 
Hm...ya good Recipes but I dont think I'd like any of tht.
I dont really like Human Food.....except PanCakes, but thats like it!

But I'll get my mum 2 make 1 or 2, just for me 2 try wink

Ted E. Bear- "Bear" for- short

I Am Daaaa-Bear!

Purred: Sat Sep 1, '07 6:10pm PST 
Frenzied Feline!!

Ingredients

1/2 C, wholewheat flour
1/2 C. nonfat dry milk powder
1/2 can tuna, in oil
1 Tbs. vegetable oil or cod liver oil
1 egg, beaten
1/4 C. water
1/4 C. finely crushed dry catnip, for rolling the balls in, approximately

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 F and spray a large cookie sheet with cooking spray. In large bowl, mash the tuna so that there are no large lumps. Mix flour and milk in the tuna until thoroughly combined. Add water and oil, mix well. Beat an egg until foamy, add and combine thoroughly. Expect the dough mix to be sticky. Shape dough into tiny balls about the size of a small marble. Roll the balls in finely crushed dry catnip I usually rub the catnip between my hands to crush it. Place the balls on the cookie sheet and flatten slightly. Bake for 10 minutes then remove them from oven and let them rest for 5 minutes. Turn treats over and bake 10 more minutes or until browned. Cool treats completely before giving any to your pet. Store in air tight container in the refrigerator or a cool dry place.

I Am Daaaa-Bear!

Purred: Sat Sep 1, '07 6:13pm PST 
This will get your socks moving before you know what hit ya!! dancing wink applause

Cat Fell Off the Wagon

Here's a great, insanely simple catnip tea to treat your feline friends. You can substitute chicken broth or chicken soup for the bouillon and water if you choose.

Ingredients

1 C. warm water
3 Tbs. dried catnip or fresh catnip
1/4 tsp. instant chicken broth, powdered

Directions

Place the warm water in a container with a tight-fitting lid. Add the catnip and chicken broth. Shake vigorously for a couple minutes or until the bouillon is dissolved and the catnip has given the tea a greenish tinge. Serve 1/4 C. of the tea to your cat in a shallow bowl. Store the remainder in the refrigerator. Warm before serving.

I Am Daaaa-Bear!

Purred: Sat Sep 1, '07 6:14pm PST 
Another yummie for your tummie laugh out loud dancing

Kitty Heaven (Sardines and Rice)
Ingredients

2 flat cans of sardines in oil
2/3 C. cooked rice
1 Tbs. cooked chopped liver
1/4 C. parsley, chopped

Directions

Combine all ingredients. Stir with a wooden spoon to break up sardines into bite-sized pieces. Store unused portion in refrigerator, tightly covered.

Yield: 2 servings

I Am Daaaa-Bear!

Purred: Sat Sep 1, '07 6:16pm PST 
This one will have your feet in the air and purring harder than you ever have before!! way to go

Fabulous Feline Fish Balls
Ingredients

3 baby carrots, cooked until soft
2 6 oz. cans tuna in olive oil, drained
2 oz. cooked herring, skin removed
2 Tbs. whole grain breadcrumbs or oatmeal
2-3 Tbs. grated cheese
2 tsp. Brewer's yeast
Several pinches of chopped catnip
1 large egg, beaten
2 Tbs. tomato paste (not ketchup)

Directions

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Mash the carrots with the fish, breadcrumbs or oatmeal, cheese, Brewer's yeast, catnip, egg and tomato paste to an even paste. Mold into small balls and put on a greased cookie sheet. Bake for 15-20 minutes, checking frequently. The fishballs should be golden brown and feel firm. Cool thoroughly. Refrigerate extras.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 15)  
1  2