Newcomers Lounge (Chair)

(Page 3 of 82: Viewing entries 21 to 30)  
[First 10 entry] Page Links:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  
Arthur (Miss- You!- '93-'09)

Bucket of Fuzz

Purred: Thu Mar 15, '07 11:15pm PST 
It's so awesome to see our group growing by leaps and bounds! kitty

I'll introduce myself to the new kitties. I'm Arthur, and I've been a member of the Olde Furts since...heck, I think since almost the beginning. I became a group admin, along with my sister Beastie (Beatrice) and our uncle Bert, last year when Baby and Tru-Mouse's family took a hiatus from Catster. Poor Scootie was trying to run the group by herself, and I offered to pitch in.

I'm 13 and a half, and my favorite activity is to cuddle with our mom. In fact, I'll cuddle her whether she wants to be cuddled or not! I figure that's a perk that comes with being the senior cat in the household. I also love to rattle the cupboards and whine when I think it's been too long since we got a treat (like after an hour or so). Mom used to keep a bag of catnip in the kitchen drawer until I figured out how to get into the drawer by going through the cupboard below it and crawling in from the back. Heh!

I'm still pretty active and fit, which comes in handy for keeping my nearly-two-year-old foster brother in line. He outweighs me by three or four pounds but I can still flip him like a Tae Kwon Do master! *bows humbly* wink

Nice meeting you all!! wave

Beatrice- (Miss You!- '94-'12)

The very Beast- of all

Purred: Thu Mar 15, '07 11:29pm PST 
I guess I should join in, too!

Hi gang! I'm Beatrice, but you can call me Beastie. I'll be 13 in June, and I'm Arthur's sister. We're both originally from Marquette, in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. We found our mom when she was going to school there.

My favorite thing is to sit in the soft chair next to our mom at the catputer and be petted, scratched or combed. If she ignores me too long, I'll stick my nose in her armpit or nip her on the arm so she knows that she needs to give me some attention.

I love treats, too, especially the tiny tastes of human food that mom gives me sometimes. My favorites are beans and legumes, especially chick peas. I've always been a full-figured gal, even though I actually don't eat very much. But since Arthur eats more than I do and we eat the same food and he is skinny, I guess I was just meant to be kind of round!

I've watched Arthur wrestle with our foster brother, Ben, lots of times, but I don't want to have anything to do with that. I have a gimpy hip after a dislocation when I was four, and besides--I deserve respect as the Queen of the household! If Ben approaches me to wrestle, he just gets a severe hissing and a smack in the chops. wink

Thanks for joining, everykitty! We love having you here!!hug

Edited by author Thu Mar 15, '07 11:33pm PST

Bert (Miss- You!- '88-'07)

Brrrrrrrt!

Purred: Thu Mar 15, '07 11:44pm PST 
I suppose I should introduce myself, too!

Hi, new Olde Furts! wave

I'm Bert. Arthur and Beastie call me "Uncle," though I don't know if that's really the correct title. I live with their mom's great-aunt. Maybe I should be considered their "greatest cousin"? Heheh.

I live with my mom in Michigan's Upper Peninsula, in the town of Sault Ste Marie, east of where the others were born. I originally lived with an elderly human couple, but when they could no longer take care of themselves, they couldn't take care of me, either, and I wound up at the shelter. A rescue group called P.A.W.S. rescued me from the shelter and my mom adopted me from them. I was five years old then, and have been with my mom for thirteen years now.

I love being brushed, I think that's the best! I can never get enough of that! smile

I like to run all over the apartment where we live and sharpen my stumps (the old couple I lived with first had me declawed) on the couch. I credit my longevity so far on staying active. kitty

I'm so happy to see so many new kitties joining our little group! Welcome, all of you!!
*headbonks*

Kiwi- I Adore Zack

Missing Zack,but- love is forever

Purred: Fri Mar 16, '07 12:46pm PST 
Thank you all for your warm welcome! Everyone here is so very nice! I seem to be getting along better the last few days with our giant kittens. I think we have possibly reached a common ground- they don't try to play with me too much and I won't growl at them for standing too close to me.
My mummy and I saw the message about the poor kitty who is only 10 and is very sick. So sad ... We looked at her page. I sure hope she can get some help. !0 is still young. I don't feel old myself- just cranky ( but I guess I was born that way)
My sister Muffin should join this group too. She will be 18 next month. She is a very sweet old gal though. She's still a good jumper and jumps right up to the sink for her drink!
Purrs, Kiwi

Bert (Miss- You!- '88-'07)

Brrrrrrrt!

Purred: Fri Mar 16, '07 4:32pm PST 
Muffin should definitely join, Kiwi! We would love to have her. kitty

Muffin ( In- Loving- Memory)

Forever in their- hearts

Purred: Fri Mar 16, '07 8:42pm PST 
Hi This is Muffin. I am Kiwi's older sister. I was asleep all day, but now I am awake and Kiwi told me I should join this group , so hello!
I am nearly 18 ( 85 in human years)
I was an only cat for 7 years until Kiwi came to live with me. I will never forget the 1st time I saw her-what a hissing match we had. Kiwi thinks the giant kittens are a pain. She was the pain, but after a while she settled in to be the best sister ever! I do love the kittens, and they are huge , but Loki is so good to me. This afternoon he was resting his sweet head on me while we both slept.
I think I am doing pretty well fo my age. I just sleep more and my fur is not as pretty as it once was. But I eat , drink, purr, climb stairs , have good litter habits, and once in a while play . I look forward to meeting you all!
Love, Muffin from Maine smile

Angel- Captain,- Macaroni

Cowcats Rock

Purred: Sat Mar 17, '07 6:23am PST 
Hi Kits:

I am Macaroni, and I live in East Tennessee, and I am a big UT fan. I have a younger, BIGGER (read fatter) siamese-mix brother Frankie. My favorite toys are pipecleaners and straws. wave I forgot to mention I years old and my birthday is a national holiday, I was born on the Fourth of July.

Taz- 1989-2012

I love playing- dressup!

Purred: Sat Mar 17, '07 8:43am PST 
Hi! I'm Taz and I'm an Olde Furt. I am about 17, Daddy doesn't pay much attention to ages, and my Stepmom wasn't around when I was a wee ton. I'm in good shape for my age, I have early CRF and my wicked stepmom takes me to the V*T once a week for fluids. I do enjoy dress-up time. I often purr when I am dressed as I like the attention. My family is blended. My parents met as volunteers at a animal shelter so I HAVE to be nice to my awful step-sister, Ko, and the not so bad one, Susie. Stepmom is always looking for new ways to accessorize me. The only garment I haven't liked are underpants that looked like Dad's. I ran around the house screaming, so now I don't have to wear those any more. I look forward to meeting everyone here. Your pal and fellow Olde Furt, Taz

Queenie ~- Sweet Angel

~ With my Julesy- now ~

Purred: Sat Mar 24, '07 8:16am PST 
wave Hi everykitty!

Well, my name is Queenie and I come from South Africa.
I am 14 years young and I like to think that I am one of a dying breed...a lady. But as I get older I find it harder to hang onto my dignity, doing silly things such as falling asleep while sitting up and so on.

I also think my hearing may be going because these days I get a fright more and more often because I don't hear the people before they stroke me. I try to hide it but I think meowmy notices...

BUT I am still going strong and have a good appetite...sometimes I even play *gasp* with my brofur Toby. (I also have a sisfur, Snowy)

The best thing that happened to me lately is...I got a boyfriend!!! And it happened just yesterday!! His name is Jules Vern and he is a very handsome fella!!! He has been writing me a while, but scrounged the courage yesterday and asked me!

Thanks so much for listening to my ramblings....you are a swell bunch!

kitty

Edited by author Sat Mar 24, '07 8:26am PST

Catfish (Here In Spirit)

Mice Beware!

Purred: Sun Apr 15, '07 5:09pm PST 
Although I'm not exactly new anymore (in two different ways,) I figured I would take this opportunity to say hello.
I'm Catfish--21 years old, turning 22 in August--and I had to get up from a nap to type this, so I'll make it quick.
I think I definitely qualify for this group. I'm completely deaf. When I yowl, you will notice (understatement alert). And I'm tired.

Going back to bed now, but will be back soon enough.
Purrs,
Catfish.kitty

(Page 3 of 82: Viewing entries 21 to 30)  
[First 10 entry] Page Links:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]