GO!

Looking for an Egyptian Mau

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Catsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Catster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Oreo

Purred: Tue Dec 16, '08 8:44am PST 
Hi everyone.

My boyfriend and I just saw an episode of Cats 101 on Animal Planet and we saw the Egyptian Mau and completely fell in love.

We have another cat who could use a playmate. Our other cat had to be put down in July and he seems lonely. We also have a 1.5 year old yellow lab who loves Oreo but he just isn't crazy about her. He tolerates her and that's about it. laugh out loud

Do you know of a good breeder? Ideally I would like to rescue one if at all possible but there doesn't seem to be any in my area.

Any suggestions about this breed would be helpful. Thanks.
[notify]

Camille

acrobactic

Purred: Thu Feb 26, '09 10:20am PST 
you might want to check the phonebook cause about a a year ago a year or two there was a breeder in southern NH. Also framinghan mass there is one and the library maybe a good source to get the number from. Good luck,Aizilyn&Camille
[notify]

Annie- ~deeply- missed~

Purred: Tue Mar 10, '09 10:38am PST 
Hi Oreo,
There are lots of Egyptian Mau cats in rescues you just need to know where to look. I am the president of an Animal Justice League and we currently have one brown male Egyptian Mau looking for a home. I have even seen them in county shelters. What you can do is to get your name on a list at all your local shelters so that if they get a Mau you will be the first one they call. Also check out Petfinder.com they are absolutely wonderful if you are searching for something specific. Please don't give up on adoption there are so many out there looking for homes.
Oh there is also a fantastic rescue in Ciro Egypt that rescues Mau's. In Egypt, Egyptian Mau cats run in the streets and no one cares about them one bit so this group rescues them and places them with people all over the world who will love, care and appreciate them. There website: http://www.emaurescue.org/
[notify]