GO!

Help! I am losing all of my hair in big clumps. Mom is worried!

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Catsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Catster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Psycho Kat

Purred: Mon Jan 12, '09 2:43pm PST 
Psycho has been losing his hair in big clumps the last week or so. I have just switched him to another food today to see if that helps, but I am very worried. Is this something that just happens, or should I get him into the vet right away? He is 7 years old, and this is the first time he has ever had any problem like this. He is missing a 2 inch chunk of fur. ( He has been staying inside all of the time for the past 3 months now.)
[notify]

Stormy- 2000-2009

Tall, Dark, and- Handsome.

Purred: Fri Feb 20, '09 11:11am PST 
Its just falling out? wow you might need to think about what he has been eating, he might be sick that sounds pretty serious.
[notify]

Olivia

Adore me - OR ELSE!

Purred: Thu Mar 5, '09 11:42am PST 
Psycho, please have your mom take you to the vet and have him/her do a wellness check and maybe some bloodwork to see if everything looks ok. Everything might be just fine, but there has got to be some reason why your fur is falling out in clumps like this.

What food did you just switch to and what had you been eating. Do you have bald spots or are you just shedding a lot?
[notify]