GO!

Clothes and concrete

This forum is for discussing all topics related to the challenges (and joys!) of keeping your house clean while living with cats. Here you can share tips, recommendations for products and techniques, and more!

Zippy

What did I do?

Purred: Tue Jun 11, '13 11:33am PST 
How do you wash out cat urine from clothes? Throwing them out is not an option. How about concrete from the basement? Zippy had an accident due to an unclean litter boxes. I was away for a few days. And I forgotten to clean her box beforehand, I dont know how I did but good thing she had food and water, self feeders. Few of my clothes were on the floor and they seeped through the floor. Help?
[notify]

Fiyero

Mr. Laid-Back

Purred: Fri Jun 14, '13 6:17am PST 
On the clothes, I would give them a good soak in some OxiClean or a similar cleaner, then wash them. OxiClean is pretty good at getting out most organic stains and odors. As for the concrete--go with bleach.
[notify]

Tigger

Knead softly &- carry a big purr

Purred: Sat Jun 15, '13 1:39pm PST 
Nature's Miracle works well. You can use it on clothes & concrete. I use it on my concrete screen porch floor all the time. I have washed peed on items in the hottest water the clothing can take. Oxyclean is a good suggestion too. You need something that enzymatic that will break the urine crystals - otherwise you will be covering over the smell.
[notify]