GO!

She has fleas!

This forum is for discussing all topics related to the challenges (and joys!) of keeping your house clean while living with cats. Here you can share tips, recommendations for products and techniques, and more!

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 15)  
1  2  
Alexander,- Dreamboat- #110

I am really a- lap dog in- disguise.

Purred: Mon Oct 22, '12 3:02am PST 
p.s. stay away from flea collars. Just apply the Advantage II which kills fleas at all stages. Choose the one that fits your cat. They must be a certain weight for each Advantage. If you notice any symptoms in your cat that are not normal, bring your cat to the vet. Cats can definitely have problems with certain flea products such as Hartz. I used Dawn and water to drop the flea in after combing the cat. I didn't use a flea shampoo because of the Advantage. You can over treat your cat and that is harmful....
[notify]

Slyvy

I will rule the- world right- after a nap

Purred: Tue Oct 23, '12 12:44am PST 
I got the Adams cat shampoo and did that yesterday. She did not enjoy having her face washed but wow, it seems like it worked.

I found a ton of dead fleas in her fur and *shudders* I'll never forget how they crawled over her face! It was the only place I hadn't washed yes and they all ended up there, like they were fleaing the shampoo.

I haven't seen a live one yet today but I have brushed out a ton of dead ones. I'm going to stick with this since it seems to be working.

Thank you for the help
[notify]

Toast

Watch out for- evil kitty ears!

Purred: Tue Oct 23, '12 4:48pm PST 
Revolution was my salvation, it breaks the cycle if there are any fleas in your home, lasts for a month and works super quick... the only issue is you do need to see a vet to get it.

Dawn dish detergent (the blue one they use to treat oil covered birds) worked very well, but then you have to make sure you get EVERY flea around the eyes where you cannot bathe.

Good luck!
[notify]

Purred: Tue Jan 1, '13 11:09pm PST 
I had vacuum my entire house the corners, under beds, furniture, rugs, carpets, baseboards, etc. Sprayed all carpets, rugs, floors, soft furnishings and places where the pet sleeps with an aerosol that kills flea eggs, larvae and emerging adult fleas. Also bought the shampoo for my get to remove all the eggs, larvae from her.
[notify]

Purred: Fri Jan 4, '13 1:04am PST 
I have also heard of some top spots that are applied to the skin, usually between the shoulder blades and disperse through the skin’s oils. These are safe for the pets.
natural sisal rugs
[notify]

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 15)  
1  2