GO!

Cats and Baby Powder

This forum is for discussing all topics related to the challenges (and joys!) of keeping your house clean while living with cats. Here you can share tips, recommendations for products and techniques, and more!

Tutu

whatcha doooin?

Purred: Fri Apr 20, '12 7:16am PST 
Hello kitties...

Just a quick question regarding baby powder. I've read that talcum powder is BAD for cats, but apparently corn starch is not.

The baby powder we have at home is PURE corn starch and nothing else, but it does get on the bathroom floor in small amounts, not where the cat usually goes but a few feet from the litter box.

Is this a big no-no? Is it only an issue if inhaled? I'm mostly worried about her getting it on her paws, and then licking her paws.

Thanks!
[notify]

Maizy

I may meow to- you if you're- worthy

Purred: Tue Apr 24, '12 2:51pm PST 
Talc is really bad for anyone - inhaling it. I know they use corn starch in some cat food, but is there perfumes in your powder? That is a whole other issue if there are other additives. If you are only using corn starch, it prob wouldn't be horrible, but I would try to have kitty avoid it as much as possible. It could cause digestive issues if she is licking it.
[notify]