GO!

Air Cleaner for Litter Box Room

This forum is for discussing all topics related to the challenges (and joys!) of keeping your house clean while living with cats. Here you can share tips, recommendations for products and techniques, and more!

Bailey

Purred: Fri Mar 16, '12 8:23am PST 
I have 3 litter boxes in one room, but everything in the room is covered in litter dust. I was hoping a good air cleaner with a permanent filter would help. Has anyone had good success with any air cleaners to keep the dust down? I don't mind some escaping, but within a couple days everything is dusty that you can write your name in it. It's awful...Please help!
[notify]

Orange Ruffy

The Baboo Kitty- has Spoken!

Purred: Fri Mar 16, '12 1:40pm PST 
We have one in our front room and it works veyr well. We bought it in Home Depot. Its a Tower one and it has 2 different types of filter on it. You have to change the filters every so often, but we use it all the time.
[notify]

Shadow

Education is the- Key

Purred: Fri Mar 16, '12 11:39pm PST 
I have 3 litter boxes in the same room too. I use an air cleaner. Have you thought about changing to a dust free litter? The ingredients Silica, and sodium bentonite are found in clay litters. They can cause lung problems in our kitty's and for us humans. If you search on the internet you will see.
I actually just found an affordable natural corn/wheat litter, its great. Its similar to Worlds best, but way cheaper. Now I know there is problems with the natural litters too. Mycotoxins from moldy, or wet grain. So just scoop it daily. It is the lesser of the evils anyhow. Hope this helps smile
[notify]