GO!

Affordable clumping litter with little to no dust?

This forum is for discussing all topics related to the challenges (and joys!) of keeping your house clean while living with cats. Here you can share tips, recommendations for products and techniques, and more!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Simba

Purred: Sun Feb 26, '12 10:05pm PST 
I've read tons of stories about how unhealthy all of the dust from cat litter can be, and my kitten has the whole upper respiratory infection thing going on, which the other two cats sometimes get a mild case of from him. I'm wondering if there are any relatively affordable litters that have little to no dust. Thanks in advance for any replies.
[notify]

Gummi

Destroyer of- Spiders

Purred: Mon Feb 27, '12 12:05pm PST 
I find that Precious Cat kitty litter is dust-free and clumps awesomely! Only $16 for 40 pounds smile

My kitties don't have flare-ups as much anymore.
[notify]

Linus- (Dreamboat- #72a)

So many toys, so- little time.

Purred: Mon Feb 27, '12 8:40pm PST 
We second the Dr. Elsey's Precious Cat Ultra recommendation. It's low dust, clumps well, controls odor well, and is reasonably priced. Mickey had asthma, and it didn't seem to bother him.

I know some kitties like World's Best Cat Litter (made from corn) and Swheat Scoop (made from wheat). They are low dust... but we didn't like them and wouldn't use them.
[notify]

Hunter- *Dreamboat- #82*

Master of- Disaster!

Purred: Tue Feb 28, '12 3:39am PST 
I use Dr. Elseys Precious Cat litter too! I love it.
[notify]

Simba

Purred: Thu Mar 29, '12 9:24pm PST 
Hey guys, sorry for the delayed response. Just want to say thanks for your suggestions, I picked up the Dr. Elsey's Precious litter today, the multi-cat formula... I was pleased to see it at one of the local Petsmarts. I'm changing the litter in a few minutes (always a lovely task... lol) so I'll use the Dr. Elsey's and see how it goes. Thanks so much for the suggestions!
[notify]

Simba

Purred: Sun Apr 1, '12 4:45pm PST 
So I'e used the Dr. Elsey's now, and it's great! I have three cats and only have to change the litter once a day now (sometimes twice when they're particularly stinky... lol). My apartment is tiny and whenever they used the litter it used to stink up my apartment, but now it only does when the stinkiest of my three uses it... lol. Thanks again smile
[notify]

Linus- (Dreamboat- #72a)

So many toys, so- little time.

Purred: Tue Apr 3, '12 7:05am PST 
Glad you like Dr. Elsey's!
[notify]

Bella

Sweet as Sugar

Purred: Mon Apr 9, '12 8:27pm PST 
thank you for this post smile I was going to ask the same but now I dont have to!
[notify]

Purred: Tue Apr 24, '12 7:54am PST 
I just bought a small bag of Blue Diamond's new walnut litter and I love it. It scoops well, there's no dust, and it clumps well. Now if they could only come out with a non-tracking litter too.
[notify]

Pequena- (Sasha's- sister)

Purred: Sat Apr 28, '12 5:26pm PST 
I like Swheat Scoop. It clumps well and low dust. I also like them because with each bag you get a coupon and when you collect 12 of them (for the same size litter) you send it in to the company and they send you 3 coupons. 1 coupon is for a free bag of litter (for the same size you were buying) and 2 $1 off coupons
[notify]

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2