GO!

litter box scoop

This forum is for discussing all topics related to the challenges (and joys!) of keeping your house clean while living with cats. Here you can share tips, recommendations for products and techniques, and more!

Einstein

Purred: Tue Aug 16, '11 7:02pm PST 
every time i clean the litter box (soaking it with really hot water and dish soap for a few min) i try to clean the scoop, but although the hot water and soap loosens everything in the box, it doesn't do much for the crud (from the clumping clay litter) that accumulates on the scoop. does anyone have any ideas as to how i can get all the crud off the litter scoop?
[notify]

Jill- Teagarden

Furrever Homes- Rock!!!

Purred: Wed Aug 17, '11 6:29am PST 
I soak the scoop in an old bucket - with hot water and dishwashing liquid, then scrub it with a brush (just a long handled plastic brush) that I picked up at the Dollar Store. You can find them in the area where the brooms, mops, etc. are sold. Oh, I put it in the water, wait about 10 seconds, take it out and scrub it, and dip it into the water again - works well and gets the scoop clean. Remember, DO NOT dump this water into your household drains, as it has wet litter in it. Find an drain on the street, which is built to take larger things in it.

Oh, and as far as the crud in the box, I had such a time with the "Litter Mountains" at the bottom of the box. And I scoop twice a day and wash the boxes out completely once a week.....got this suggestion from another Cat Group. After you wash out the box completely and it is dry, spray a little cooking spray in the box, it sure helps to get rid of those "Mountains".

Good Luck,
The New Orleans Kitties
[notify]