GO!

Ants, ants, and more ants!

This forum is for discussing all topics related to the challenges (and joys!) of keeping your house clean while living with cats. Here you can share tips, recommendations for products and techniques, and more!

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 15)  
1  2  
Damien

Damien Gunther - I'm a handsom- man

Purred: Tue Jul 19, '11 10:26am PST 
Go ahead.. put my food bowl on the table I'LL KNOCK IT DOWN!!!!!!!!! HAHAHHAHAA laugh out loud
[notify]

Damien

Damien Gunther - I'm a handsom- man

Purred: Tue Jul 19, '11 10:29am PST 
SORRY!! I ment to put that on ONE time. I'm not sure how that happenend, i had to reload my screen.

I have a question though. I have TINY ants, only comming from my bathroom, but they do make it out around the house. Since i always keep my bathroom door closed and not allow the Kitties in there... is it ok to put a Ant Hotel behind my garbage can in there?
[notify]

kaya skye

not fighting my- demons-we joined- forces

Purred: Tue Jul 19, '11 7:13pm PST 
oh god. yes. teeny weeny tiny ants. DEFINITELY attracted to the kitties' food...noticed them staring at their bowls, wondered if they'd lost their furry minds, went poking and OMG eek
a swarm, a cloud, a mass...eek

we live in a townhouse. no matter what WE do as regards keeping things clean and trash picked up,etc., if the people on the other side of the wall have a pest control problem, we have a problem. (but ants? it's summer. ants happen. though i'll try the diatomaceous earth trick, and if it works, i'll hazard a guess that my townhouse crackermates are having the same problem and pass on the tip...)
[notify]

Pandora

go getter kitter

Purred: Thu Jul 21, '11 5:41pm PST 
you can also set the little food bowl in a cake pan with 1/2 inch of water in it, to make a moat; add a tiny drop of soap to the water and the ants will sink and drown.
Boric acid also sounds bad but is a safe ant killer.
[notify]

kaya skye

not fighting my- demons-we joined- forces

Purred: Fri Jul 22, '11 1:52pm PST 
Boric acid is kitty-safe?
[notify]

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 15)  
1  2