GO!

training my kitten to use the toliet

This forum is for discussing all topics related to the challenges (and joys!) of keeping your house clean while living with cats. Here you can share tips, recommendations for products and techniques, and more!

Tabu

Purred: Tue Jul 5, '11 5:31pm PST 
i wonder if anyone has ever trained their kitten to use the toliet,and not a litterbox?and if so was it hard to do?id like to train my kitten and need some info first.kittywave
[notify]

Pandora

go getter kitter

Purred: Wed Jul 6, '11 8:45am PST 
Tabu, I was going to come in here and say if you were a Burmese you would learn by yourself--but I see you are some kind of meezy-mix, which means that you should be an extra smart kitty too! laugh out loud Meowma says she can't do this with only one bathroom, it's best to have one that can be left set up for the training at all times. I'm sure soimeone can give you the exact procedure, but it starts with putting the litter box next to the toilet, then you move to having the box supported on top of the toilet, then use a box on only half the opening, etc until you graduate to sitting on the rim. There is a system you can buy to help the training, we have seen it. maybe you could google that.
About my comment at first--I commonly sit on the rim like i see meowma doing, when I'm watching to make sure she doesn't drown in the indoor rain (WHY do people get in there??) and I actually pooped in the toilet once. Meowma knows I could learn to use only the human litter bowl, if we had a spare bathroom for cats only. We aren't so sure Rory wouldn't be too scared to try though. He is not a 'Meese" of any kind, and not even all that bright for an orange kitty. He has to get by on sweetness!
[notify]

Tabu

Purred: Fri Jul 8, '11 12:50am PST 
cat on moonthank-you Pandora for answering my post.my momma was just wondering and yes i am a very smart boyway to go
[notify]