GO!

"lightblub!!!" I found the best litter box mat

This forum is for discussing all topics related to the challenges (and joys!) of keeping your house clean while living with cats. Here you can share tips, recommendations for products and techniques, and more!

Gator Pawz

SumooooooKitty!!- !!

Purred: Wed Jun 29, '11 10:32pm PST 
After much trial and error with almost all the kitty litter mats out there and being disappointed with all of them, I went to Costco and saw the same car mats that I have in my SUV which are rubber with big grooves in them, they are inexpensive and if they did not work I could bring them back (good ol' Costco).
Well they work great, I love them and I got 2 large and 2 small (front/back mats for cars) they come in a variety of colors and sizes. I started using them yesterday and the kittys have not tracked Worlds Best Litter anywhere except on the mats. LOVE THEM!
Just wanted to share the idea.happy dance
[notify]

Louis- Armstrong - ILM

I'm walkin' to- New Orleans.....

Purred: Thu Jun 30, '11 6:33am PST 
GREAT idea!!!! Thanks so much for sharing this. There are no COSTCOs in our area, but I am sure I could find the same thing at Wal Mart or Sam's Club.

The New Orleans Kitties
[notify]

Lacey

Backflips are my- specialty!

Purred: Thu Jun 30, '11 12:02pm PST 
You're using the mats in pieces though right? That wouldn't work here. Mine will try and claw and crawl under anything that isn't one big giant piece and even then they might do it. Darn, wish I could find something! hose rubberized ones they sell at like Petsmart, so bad! Mine claw into them and then chew on the material. Got rid of those quickly.
[notify]

Gator Pawz

SumooooooKitty!!- !!

Purred: Thu Jun 30, '11 10:11pm PST 
One of the reasons I like the car mats is that they are very heavy and seem to really stick to the floor. The mat designed to go in the front of the car is big. My husbands truck mats (big Ram 2500 diesel) are huge so those work really well.
So far my cats have not even tried to move them and they are really picking up the litter, none on the floor at all, YeeeeeeHawww.
Who knew I would get excited about litter mats that work.big laugh
[notify]

AnnaBelle

Supervisor cat - is not amused.

Purred: Fri Jul 1, '11 1:20pm PST 
That really is an awesome idea. the ones they sale at the stores are far too small and flimsy. sometimes misty takes our matt out of the laundry room and into the hall. eek we might have to look into some truck floor mats. PLUS they have some neato designs on them...to make it more interesting, MOL laugh out loud
[notify]

Princeton

purrrrr

Purred: Sat Jul 2, '11 6:34pm PST 
Oh, neat!
[notify]

Lacey

Backflips are my- specialty!

Purred: Sun Jul 3, '11 7:52am PST 
It does sound like a great idea. I wonder if it would scratch my hardwood floor though. thinking
[notify]