GO!

Lets talk about cat hair

This forum is for discussing all topics related to the challenges (and joys!) of keeping your house clean while living with cats. Here you can share tips, recommendations for products and techniques, and more!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
KuJu Ku

Bobtails Rule!

Purred: Mon Feb 28, '11 1:06pm PST 
How do you all manage to keep cat hair at a minimum?
Or dont you thinking ? Are you a clean freak and vaccuum every day? or do you let it go and really not care?
Fill us in. We are curious.
[notify]

Bobcat

He's big, he's- bad, he's- BOBCAT!!!!

Purred: Mon Feb 28, '11 1:43pm PST 
I vacuum every other day as I have exczema. The hair gets all over my setee's, and they are cream, so black hairs show up mol. I hate to see hair all over the place though.
[notify]

Nellie

yummyyummy i got- fancy feast in- my tummy

Purred: Mon Feb 28, '11 3:12pm PST 
mommy just let go till it becomes too much. me and alexis shed alot that mommy cant clean up the cat hair everyday otherwise she would have the vaccum in her hand every single second of the day.

luv nellie
[notify]

Isabelle

Do I smell- treats??

Purred: Mon Feb 28, '11 7:59pm PST 
We have hardwood floors upstairs where Isabelle spends most of her time, and I try to swiffer once a week or so. Occassionally I will get behind and "floofies" start rolling around red face eek red face.

However, Isabelle is short-hair and the only furry babe in the house, so we don't have a crazy hair situation going on. As far as furniture, I don't really de-fur unless we have company coming over (she doesn't get on the furniture much, so really not an issue).
[notify]

Kisu

Japanese Bobtail

Purred: Tue Mar 1, '11 12:02pm PST 
We have hardwood floors upstairs also, along with an area rug, we vac once a week, floors - Furniture - everything, we go nuts with the vac mom just wonders if shes bring over fussy.snoopy But it makes her nuts when its on the clothing and you find it in your car from your clothing.. we even see it on the dashboard !! Yikes.
[notify]

Penn & Teller

Masters of The- Multiverse

Purred: Tue Mar 1, '11 12:56pm PST 
We have hardwood downstairs, a maid twice a week and the kittens don't really shed yet I guess.

I also feed raw, that I hear cuts down on shedding. I own a Furminator? I'm not sure if that helps. Think the diet has plenty to do with it
[notify]

Sinatra

the new blue- eyes

Purred: Tue Mar 1, '11 3:45pm PST 
Why has no one invented a giant lint roller for carpets and upholstry? One That's attached to a rod like a mop?
[notify]

Tiny Tot

the tinister- kitty

Purred: Tue Mar 1, '11 9:17pm PST 
Mom vacumes just about EVERY day, we hate the vacume cleaner and she dust weekly. Wonder why no one has invented an air purifyer that will purifer the air of cat hair? Oh mo also uses the cat cloths on us wheww yuuck I dont like em.
[notify]

Hunter- *Dreamboat- #82*

Master of- Disaster!

Purred: Wed Mar 2, '11 7:08am PST 
I vacuum about once a week. I have hardwood floors. Hair on the floor isn't the problem. Its on my nieces highchair, his cat tree is full of it, his platform, my bed, his spot on the loveseat, and clothes! I can't seem to get it off my clothes no matter how hard I try. Its like it has static cling. It literally sticks on my jacket. I'm thankful for lint rollers. smile

If only he would stay still long enough for me to brush him!
[notify]

Ollie

In my previous- life, I was a- dog.

Purred: Wed Mar 2, '11 8:05am PST 
We own a Dyson animal. With 3 dogs and 3 cats, if we didn't have a great vacuum, we'd be buried in fur big laugh
[notify]

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2