GO!

Major flaw with Tidy Cats Breeze litter boxes!

This forum is for discussing all topics related to the challenges (and joys!) of keeping your house clean while living with cats. Here you can share tips, recommendations for products and techniques, and more!

(Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 24)  
1  2  3  

Purred: Wed Jul 3, '13 8:51am PST 
Luckily the new boxes have designs that are soooo much easier to deal with. Has anyone seen the new commercials with Hans or whatever? They're hysterical, but they're also right - cat little boxes are usually such a pain to refill. If there anything like the commercial (you can watch the Tidy Cat commercial here) then I'll buy.
[notify]

Blaze- (Striped- Seven)

TICA MS. (HHP- Champion)

Purred: Wed Nov 20, '13 4:58pm PST 
I found a product called Urine Off, which claims it can remove urine odors from plastic litterboxes (also hardwood floors, carpet etc).
I haven't had a chance to use it in my Breeze box pans yet but it seems pretty good on other surfaces. I have a few older Breeze boxes that are starting to get a smell in the tray that won't completely wash out so I am going to try it.
[notify]

Purred: Mon May 12, '14 5:38pm PST 
I was a bit skeptical but I bought the breeze a week ago. So far I find it a bit pricey but not having litter everywhere is great! My cat tends to use the litter box and run all throughout the house! It was a major hassle having to sweep 3xs a day to avoid litter on my feet. The only complaint I have is when she poops it smells horrible without the litter masking the odor a little. It wasn't hard to get her to use it and not having the ammonia smell is great since I'm in an rv with her most of the time. SMALL SPACE BIG STINK! But other than the expense and the poop issue is been great so far.
[notify]

Snowflake

Purred: Thu May 15, '14 12:44pm PST 
I think it really depends on your cat(s) and individual situation. We have used the Breeze since day one with Snowflake and haven't had a single problem. We haven't had a noticeable urine smell at all. I give the box a good cleaning when I empty the pellets at the end of the month - basically just a hot soapy water rinse and scrub with a brush. Yes it stinks when she soils it, but any liter box stinks in that situation until you scoop. We just have the one cat so scooping right away or as soon as we come home isn't a problem. For the pellets and pads you can do a little better if you shop around. There are places on Amazon that sell both the pellets and the pads in bulk and they're considerably cheaper than buying individual packages at the pet store. A 6-pack of pellets is of course pretty heavy but if you have Amazon Prime the shipping is free. I buy 10-packs of the pad refills (10 packages of 4 for a total of 40 pads) and also save a little money there.

I could definitely see issues with Breeze for multi-cat households. They recommend that you have one more box than the number of cats in your home, so if you have 2 cats that's 3 boxes and the maintenance costs can add up pretty quickly in that case. For single cat households you're fine with a single box as long as you stay on top of the scooping.
[notify]

(Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 24)  
1  2  3