GO!

Bengal and heart conditions

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Catsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Catster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Purred: Tue Sep 18, '12 9:52am PST 
My 3 month old bengal might have a heart condition. The first vet visit was fine but with his second shots the vet told me he might have a heart condition.cry
Anyone know if this is common for this breed?
Now I have to wait till next month's visit to double check his condition.
I'm so very worried
[notify]

Benji (Ben)

Purred: Tue Nov 13, '12 9:33am PST 
Hi,
The exact same thing happened to me on my second visit to the vet. She told my mom I might have a heart condition. When I returned a month later, she checked me out again but this time she found nothing wrong with my heart.
The vet said they often hear a murmur in kittens but this usually clears up.
Maybe this was told to your mommy at the time of your visit and like mine, everything after "heart condition".....she had a brain freeze!

Praying to St Francis, the patron saint of animals rainbow
[notify]

Hobbes

Look Into My- Eyes

Purred: Wed Nov 14, '12 3:44pm PST 
My Bengal had a heart murmur for 7 months before it cleared up. He's fine now.

Don't worry about things you cannot change. It's makes sane people crazy.
[notify]

Riddick

No Fear

Purred: Tue Dec 18, '12 7:58am PST 
Hello...sorry for the late post. Had the same trauma with my Bengal boy. Heart murmur was not gone buy 6 months for neutering. So...after a large amount of money to a vet cardiologist complete with blood tests, x-rays, echocardiograms and dopplers - the result is....that is just the way his heart is. No signs of any physical defects or diseases. Possibly caused by some extra ligatures in a valve which is not uncommon and does not pose any current or future health problems. But at least I know he does not have Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (HCM). So...all good in the end.
[notify]