GO!

Where are all the Abyssinians? My mom has lots of questions!

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Catsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Catster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Lilly Rose

The Little Queen- of Everything!

Purred: Fri Aug 24, '07 9:37am PST 
Hi,
I am four months old and my mom who has been owned cats for many, many, years finds me very different form other cats. I had hoped to find some Abyssinians to ask if I am normal !

Lilly Rose
[notify]

MORTIMER

Purred: Fri Sep 21, '07 1:27pm PST 
I am sure you're normal, our breed is very unique.
[notify]

Ramses

I'm Ramses, fuss- me Mummy!

Purred: Mon Sep 24, '07 4:26am PST 
Oh yes and very talented too! After all it's not just everycat who can turn the TV on using the remote control if they're Mummy is silly enough to shut the bedroom door and leave them outside! wink Heck if that doesn't work I can even turn the volume up until it wakes 'em up and they get up and open the door for me and my little 'sis, 'cause after all if the bed is good enough for Mummy & Dad it's good enough for us Aby's! smile
[notify]

Isis

Is it time to- play?

Purred: Mon Sep 24, '07 4:26am PST 
My half-brother's right, there's no limit to our talents! I'm known round here as the Abyssinian Retriever 'cause I find all the lost stuff! smile

Edited by author Mon Sep 24, '07 4:29am PST

[notify]

Kenneth- James T 1985- 2005

Kenny the Bone- Diddler

Purred: Wed Dec 5, '07 4:07pm PST 
I called China once and I loved to talk. I loved to play. I loved to be walked on a leash. I was fascinated with shinny things. I was a Fetcher.

Kenny
[notify]

Remy

Purred: Tue Dec 18, '07 5:04am PST 
We are a verrry special breed indeed. We do things differently than other cats, we act differently than other cats but we are soooo loving and smart.
I'm totally different from my "brother" Milo but we are typical Abyssinians. I can get moody, especially if Milo is bugging me too much or if my parents are away & my grandparents take care of us.
Milo on the other hand has too much energy all of the time and get jealous when it gets to attention.
Although our family has had many many cats over the years, our grandparents wonder why we can't be like ordinary house cats!
Yes, we can be difficult but we make up for it with our intelligence, love and attention to our mom & dad dancing
[notify]

Ramses

I'm Ramses, fuss- me Mummy!

Purred: Fri Dec 28, '07 7:13am PST 
Oh you're so right Remy! When we want love, we want it NOW! wink But much of the time we're happy playing round the house or in our run... We both love to climb in the run and make Mummy laugh as we look like huge squirrels! But when we're indoors we're not at all destructive and have never had to be told off got picking and scratching at furniture - unlike many of Mummy's former cats... As long as we have toys to play with and some form of company we're very easy going, though I get very upset when Mummy's not around... Even if Dad and the boy are home with me, I just hate Mummy not being somewhere I can get to her when I want! Isis is not as clingy about Mummy, but neither of us like to travel without the other even if it's only a short trip we're much happier together... smile
[notify]