GO!

Is it normal for me to feel such intense grief and sadness?

Whether a cat dies, is lost or stolen, or must be placed in a new home, this is the place to gather together to give and receive love and support when you experience the loss of a beloved cat.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 15)  
1  2  
Merlin- >PAWS<- [In Loving

Purred: Fri Mar 21, '14 2:37pm PST 
It would be ABnormal for you not to feel such grief; the depth of your love is the depth of your grief. Apollo was part of your daily life, so his absence is acute. Keep crying: it's a biological fact that tears help to wash out the pain, but know this: you are crying for yourself. Always, our tears are for ourselves; our furkids at the Bridge have no use for tears. Your beloved Apollo is gloriously alive, perfectly healthy, and blissfully happy, living in Love. He doesn't want you to be unhappy, although he knows that you miss him. He's only gone on ahead, and the day will come when you will join him - glorious reunion!

May Apollo's Creator hold you gently in the hollow of His hand, comfort you, and lead your heart to peace.
[notify]

Natasha

Princess Forever

Purred: Fri Mar 28, '14 2:22am PST 
Oh yes....It hits you deep and hard. I couldn't sleep in my bed for a week. Natasha always slept next to me on a pillow. Those last days, she left it and hid in her low cat tree. She was going on a trip and needed some rest....We had her for seventeen years and she will always be missed...Getting through this time is difficult but you will. Please know that you have now have a guardian angel at the bridge looking over you. You will recover but you will always feel that ache from the departure.
Take care of yourself...give yourself time and reflect on the time you had with Apollo...
[notify]

Apollo (in- loving- memory)

Purred: Sat Mar 29, '14 5:02am PST 
To all have responded,

Aside from thanking you (even though reading the posts make me cry again), I want to send my condolences to those of you who have lost your fur babies. I know I am not the only one who has felt this loss, but the heartache is still very fresh. Today marks 2 weeks since he left.

I went to pick his remains up a few days ago, and they presented me with a nice little pine box and his paw prints in clay, with his name and hearts. As soon as I saw that, I started to cry (part of the reason I didn't want to go). It's hard for me to even look at it without getting all weepy again.

I am working on some ideas for a place for him in the garden. He loved being outside and I want to devote an area to his memory. I miss the little guy and all of his royal turdiness.

XO
[notify]

Miss Tiny- Burr Burr

Love and adore.

Purred: Thu Apr 3, '14 11:04pm PST 
my biggest fear is when i lose my tiny burr burr, ill fall into a depression and lose my job. thats how horrible and upsetting her death will be for me. its hard to not feel intense grief for a creature who makes you feel what you do when they were alive. when a person dies, people understand and let you grieve. when a pet dies, they expect you to go about your day. i wish the world would allow for us to mourn pets, to.
[notify]

Purred: Mon Apr 7, '14 2:45pm PST 
I'm just new here (not actually sure how to have my profile show in this post) but I really wanted to say that grief is so very normal. My terrible grief over losing all 3 of my cats has prevented me from getting another, the heartbreak is just too terrible frown

Please be gentle with yourself, this is a lost love and that is something we should never feel bad about grieving.
[notify]

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 15)  
1  2