GO!

My 9 year old boy has aggressive cancer, lymphoma

Whether a cat dies, is lost or stolen, or must be placed in a new home, this is the place to gather together to give and receive love and support when you experience the loss of a beloved cat.

Cosmo

Purred: Fri Jan 3, '14 8:16am PST 
He is a beautiful 26 lb orange cat . I was given steroids to help reduce the swelling in his leg. I'm not sure how much time he has left. Can anyone tell me your experiences with steroids, how they did with your cat, how long you were able to use them.
Heartbroken.
[notify]

estiven

Purred: Fri Jan 3, '14 11:39am PST 
My first cat, called MELISO, suffered from a breast cancer. I gave her quimioltherapy twice and she recovered quite well. She survived almost two years since we got the vet-results. They dont know that they are sick so they are not afraid of the diagnosis. That is an advantage. You must be brave the can feel it if you are worry.
I hope everything will be ok with your chubby.way to go
[notify]

Tiny Tot

the tinister- kitty

Purred: Sat Jan 4, '14 12:25am PST 
I am so sorry to hear your news, we do not have any experience with steriods but wanted to send our love and purrs
[notify]

Althea, PAWS

The Special,- Precious, Petite- PrinCESS

Purred: Sat Jan 4, '14 1:55pm PST 
Neither do we have any experience with long-term steroid use except that Althea was on pred ni so lone for several months. Her doctor says he's never had any side effects from (which is different than pred ni sone).

We just wanted to let you know how deeply sorry we are for your pain, and we, too, send love and purrs.

hug
[notify]

Arthur (Miss- You!- '93-'09)

Bucket of Fuzz

Purred: Sat Jan 4, '14 5:12pm PST 
Arthur had intestinal lymphoma, and we were able to keep him comfortable for about a year with prednisolone until the illness got to the point where we had to let him go.

How long a kitty can get by with the medicine depends on the progression of the disease itself, so it depends on the individual. It can definitely help though, and I don't think there's a general time limit on treatment.

Sending love and purrs your way...please keep us posted on sweet Cosmo!
hug