GO!

My little old guy, Shadow, has gone to the Rainbow Bridge.

Whether a cat dies, is lost or stolen, or must be placed in a new home, this is the place to gather together to give and receive love and support when you experience the loss of a beloved cat.

Shadow

Shadow the man.

Purred: Mon May 6, '13 12:57pm PST 
Shadow was just shy of his 21st birthday this summer (104 in people years, we figure). He'd had some small strokes since the Fall, but had recovered pretty well. Sadly, he threw a blood clot this morning to his spine and could not walk or get up. We think he had another small stroked too. Mercifully, he was not in any pain and seemed more confused about not being able to stand than anything. We took him to see the vet, who loves him, and she agreed that it was his time. Shadow went this morning around 10:45 am, surrounded by his Mommy and Daddy. I will miss my dear old guy so very much. cry He will have company at the Bridge as my our sweet labbie, Dylan, went there in November (far too young).

Shadow was a runt, abandoned by his mother, when my sisters found him at 5 or 6 weeks old. At 6 months, he almost died from a bad blockage and I was told he wouldn't live a long life because his "insides were too small." Shadow is a very stubborn kitty and I guess he decided to prove the vet wrong! He was very healthy from that time on and didn't need to see the vet again until he was 18 for his geriatric testing.
cat on moon

I will miss his chatter in the morning and upon arriving home from work. I will also miss his sweet kisses and head butts. Shadow, you will always be in my heart. Mommy loves you.
[notify]

Beep

Butt-kicker of- all other cats

Purred: Mon May 6, '13 2:17pm PST 
I am so very sorry to hear about your little old guy. What a beautiful boy he was. I can't even imagine the pain of losing a cat that has been with you for 21 years, especially given all that you went through with him. I imagine you will have many memories of Shadow. Maybe when your heart is ready, you can rescue a kitty in need and maybe it will help heal your heart? That has always helped me. Again, so sorry to hear about the loss of your precious boy.
[notify]

Boo-Boo

Our Angel - Missed Dearly!

Purred: Mon May 6, '13 4:42pm PST 
wE ARE SENDING SO MANY HUGS AND PURRS!!rainbow
[notify]

Delyte, Dark- Angel, at- Bridge

Me and my- person, together- against all

Purred: Mon May 6, '13 10:33pm PST 
This is Delyte. Sending so many purrs to Shadow's family on his passing. What a tremendous life he has had. I too have insides that are too small and I have made it to 18. Wonder if there is any connection?

Giant purrs of many colors and strengths coming to you from all of us for Shadow's passing and also for Dylan. You are truly noble and distinguished cat people for giving these kitties such wonderful lives. hug cat on moon
[notify]

Storm

All wet food all- the time

Purred: Tue May 7, '13 6:35am PST 
Thanks everyone for your kind meows. Spook, Biscuit and I noticed right away yesterday that Shadow didn't come home. The dog was extra cuddly and Spooky and I have been looking for the old guy. Spook was surprised when he was able to get wet food without having to wait.

Mommy says that she will eventually get another kitty (with my approval, of course) and that it would be a rescue. Spooky and Shadow were both "street kitties." I was the only purchased pet (Daddy really wanted a British Blue and we're kind of rare). Our Auntie just rescued a 12 year old kitty from the pound, so the rescue tradition is in the family.
[notify]

Alex (sweet- angel girl)

Angel on a- mission!

Purred: Tue May 7, '13 2:44pm PST 
So very sorry for your loss. I lost a kitty over 5 years ago that I'd had for 20 years and it takes a really long time to get used to them not being around. I'm glad you have other pets to comfort you during this time.
[notify]

Natasha

Princess Forever

Purred: Tue May 7, '13 7:39pm PST 
Glad that Shadow had such a loving family. What a life he must have had. He will always be your Shadow but now he is looking after you as a guardian angel. My angel, Natasha, left us about a year ago. We miss her but we know that she is with our Ben who also lived a full life until sixteen. Natasha was about seventeen....It didn't feel that long. It will take you some time to heal but you will. I bet that you will open your heart again for another sweetie like Shadow. As much as it is painful when they leave, imagine a life without experience their love. Our sympathies.....
[notify]

Angie' Love'- Cat ~~*~~

Angel

Purred: Fri May 10, '13 4:12pm PST 
Lots of Love to you!!! My little Angie Love Cat will be there now too as she crossed over on the 10.5.13....
Angie was my Much Loved Best Friend in the World!!! |cat on moon

Edited by author Fri May 10, '13 4:17pm PST

[notify]

tucker

barn cat for- life

Purred: Fri May 10, '13 10:15pm PST 
Shadow was beautiful! dont see many smoke- colored tabbys like that. im sorry for your loss and its quite amazing he lived so long. hug he must have had a GREAT family.
[notify]

Smithwick

Tigger is my- favorite!

Purred: Sun May 19, '13 6:58am PST 
what a testament to you both - he lived a long happy life. Now you have a guardian angel watching over you. When the time is right, he will send you a kitty that needs you. May you have peace.
[notify]