GO!

Sad News for Catsters & Furiends

Whether a cat dies, is lost or stolen, or must be placed in a new home, this is the place to gather together to give and receive love and support when you experience the loss of a beloved cat.

(Page 1 of 5: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  
Popka,- Dearest- Angel

Getting old- doesn't mean- BEING old!

Purred: Fri Sep 16, '11 11:00am PST 
Dear friends,

Although we've been too long inactive, MacIntosh & Pixel and I are writing to notify those who knew Toulouse that his Mama has left us.

Our mama learned this morning that Michelle passed away on September 7th of a heart attack. It was reportedly sudden and peaceful for her. Unfortunately, it was during the flooding, and her daughter was not able to be with her that day. However, just the day before, her daughter had given her a "kitty lamp" that she loved and that made her laugh.

Toulouse himself is well at this time. Michelle had made the decision within the 2 - 3 weeks before her death to have dental extractions done for him ~ risky at his age, but truly needed. Since then, he has been MUCH better.

Michelle was found by a neighbor who was close to her, and who immediately took Toulouse into her home. The neighbor has a kitty named Mitchell whom Toulouse really likes...... He used to escape Michelle's apartment and go sit by Mitchell's door, waiting to get in to visit his friend. Mitchell's mom is committed to his care and also loves him very much, so he is in a good place and is doing well at this time.

It remains to be seen whether this new caregiver will help him remain a part of Catster....... but we are working on it. Our mama has made Catster Central aware of this very difficult loss, but we wanted Toulouse's many friends to be aware. We have spent the morning in tears....... But we know that Michelle was ill for many years..... Now she has her voice again, and is singing with the angels whom she already loved dearly!

Since we're not sure where to post this, it will be in several different places. And BTW, Michelle's daughter has requested that, in lieu of flowers, anyone who wishes might consider donating to a kitty charity of your choice...... Somethings she says she knows Michelle would love, and would make her "smile".

Our warmest support and purrs to any who grieve at this news......

Popka (Dearest Angel), MacIntosh & Pixel
[notify]

Alex (sweet- angel girl)

Angel on a- mission!

Purred: Fri Sep 16, '11 12:04pm PST 
One of the saddest days on Catster ever. She will be greatly missed. cry
[notify]

Queen- Tallulah- Angel- Dreamgirl

cat with the dip- stick tail

Purred: Fri Sep 16, '11 1:35pm PST 
We agree with you Alex! this sad been a very sad day! We are praying for her family....

QT
[notify]

Samoa - Diva Angel

Supreme- Detective &- Beauty Queen

Purred: Fri Sep 16, '11 2:06pm PST 
Thank you for the update. I wrote about it in my diary, but didn't know many details. We will continue to purr for Toulouse and hope he adjusts to his new home, family, and sibling!

hug
[notify]

Boxie Brown- Forever

Boxie B.- with a- goatee!!

Purred: Fri Sep 16, '11 2:49pm PST 
Rest in Peace Michelle. Glad to hear that Toulouse is well cared for.
[notify]

Hazel Lucy

tiny gumdrop

Purred: Fri Sep 16, '11 2:51pm PST 
Very sad, we love Toulouse and his mom.

HL
[notify]

♥- Bella- ♥

I\'m married to- Tucker!!!

Purred: Fri Sep 16, '11 2:53pm PST 
We learned of this earlier today also and are saddened by this news. Michelle will be missed by the numerous kitties here who knew her through Toulouse and by the many people behind the kitties who knew her here and on Facebook. We are thankful that Toulouse is safe and loved, although we are sure he misses his Mom terribly. We send purrs to him, to the wonderful human who chose to take care of him, and to the family of Michelle. The heavens have a new beautiful angel.
[notify]

Ashlye&heart- s;Delicious- Dazzle

The Boss

Purred: Fri Sep 16, '11 2:55pm PST 
We are so very sorry about this news! Our love goes out to Michelle's family in this very sad time! Glad to hear that Toulouse is doing well
Michelle you will be very missed! Love and Sad Puurs The Troop & Mom Adrianacry

Edited by author Fri Sep 16, '11 2:56pm PST

[notify]

Ava 4 ever- Mommy's- Angel

Mommy's Angel

Purred: Fri Sep 16, '11 3:10pm PST 
What sad news....I am so sorry.
[notify]

Oly

Calgon take me- away...

Purred: Fri Sep 16, '11 3:18pm PST 
We had just learned of this today as well, but did not know the details.

It truly is a very sad day. Michelle was such a sweet woman & she will most certainly be missed by all of us who knew her & T.

I'm thankful that T is in the home of someone who loves him & who it seems he loves as well. I'm sure he will grieve Michelle, but having someone he trusts & knows around him will help him.

Godspeed dear friend, I know we will meet each other again one day.

Our thoughts, prayers & purrs are with everyone who knew Michelle & especially with her family.
[notify]

(Page 1 of 5: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5