GO!

Goodbye Turbo Our Precious Kitten

Whether a cat dies, is lost or stolen, or must be placed in a new home, this is the place to gather together to give and receive love and support when you experience the loss of a beloved cat.

(Page 1 of 5: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  
Turbo - In Loving- Memory

Purred: Wed Jul 27, '11 12:21pm PST 
Last Friday our little orange tabby Turbo starting feeling really crummy. On Saturday after work he was not feeling any better but our vet was closed until Monday. I thought about taking him to a 24/7 animal hospital (only 15 minutes away) but decided to wait until Sunday to see if he was any better. After work Sunday he wasn't any better so off to the hospital we went. They tested for viruses and he was negative so they did an x-ray and found some abnormalities in his GI tract so we left him overnight for observation. We visited him Monday after work and he seemed better but he still wasn't eating. The vet said he was vocal and friendly and we all thought his demeanor was better. The vet was concerned about him not eating still so we decided to give him one more night at the hospital. I received a call that night, the vet said he had thrown up again and they did an ultrasound on him and his kidneys appeared too large and they formed abnormally, he was born that way most likely. She didn't think there was anything they could do for him especially since he wasn't eating. I didn't want to make a decision that night so my wife and I visited him after work again Tuesday and he was no better. He hadn't eaten in days and he was really thin so they recommended we euthanize him. It was the most painful and difficult thing I have ever had to experience in my life, he was only 13 weeks old and was so full of life before he became sick. Even during our last visit he was still purring and looking around, he was just thin and weak. He left behind a sister from the same litter (Tigger), I feel horrible for her, they spent 24/7 together, eating, sleeping, grooming, etc. My poor baby boy never had a chance and I miss him so much, he was such a sweet and precious boy. I lost a 10 year old male four months ago and though that was bad but for some reason this feels ten times worse, losing a baby. He was suppose to grow up with his sister, they were adorable together and now he's just gone from her life. The last few days have been some of the hardest I have ever experience. Goodbye Turbo, we love you very much. RIP Turbo 5-8-11 to 7-26-11.
[notify]

Alice Giroir- - ILM

Say it- Loud.....I\\\'m- Orange and- I\\\'m

Purred: Wed Jul 27, '11 1:31pm PST 
We all understand your grief and sense of loss. No matter how long (or short) at time we are owned by cats, they leave a hole in your heart.

Turbo was indeed a precious kitten - we visited his page and left him a present. Turbo will be welcomed by all the CATSTER cats there now, and loved by the humans there as well.

We send MASSIVE amounts of hugs, purrs and soft paw pats. The best thing about CATSTER is that everyone shares your pain and sense of loss. If you need to talk, please do not hesitate to paw mail me.

The New Orleans Kittieslittle angel
[notify]

Alex (sweet- angel girl)

Angel on a- mission!

Purred: Wed Jul 27, '11 3:07pm PST 
oh my gosh, how awful. We're so so so sorry for your loss. Please tell your wife also that everyone here has gone through pain like this. No matter how old they are, to us they are our children and they are helpless. You did the very best you could for Turbo but unfortunately the pain is too great for you to see that at this moment. Give his little sister extra kisses, hugs, love, she'll need them. I will say that if they were older and that close, it would be a lot worse for her. At least her being so young, she'll adjust easier. You on the other hand are having a tough time. We're all here for you, we're very good listeners here and again, we understand how traumatic this is and the whole it leaves behind. Many hugs to you and your family. hug
[notify]

Smokie Boo- Dreamboat- #104b

Rescued cats- like me are the- best!

Purred: Wed Jul 27, '11 7:06pm PST 
I am so sorry..we are purring for you here.
Mommy said that it is so sad to read your post, she can feel how badly you feel. Please know you did all you could, and Turbo knew...knows...he's loved.
You are a great kitty daddy.
[notify]

Purred: Wed Jul 27, '11 9:34pm PST 
Thank you all for the kind replies. Tigger, Pumpkin, my wife and I appreciate them greatly. I think you are right Alex about it being worse if Tigger was older. So far she seems mostly ok, I don't see her looking around for Turbo and acting depressed. She does seem a bit more affectionate and vocal though so I'm guessing she is affected somewhat.

I'm debating whether to get her a new companion and if so how long to wait. I'm still really torn up so I'm in no hurry for a new kitty but I wonder if it would be better for Tigger. I have read it is generally good for the kitty but was wondering if anybody has experience with this. Tigger does still have her big sister Pumpkin but Pumpkin is more of a loner cat so Tigger does not get the 24/7 companionship she had with Turbo.

It's been over about 32 hours since he passed now, I'm having ups and downs, today was not an easy day. I had some friends over to play cards tonight, that helped keep me busy and I enjoyed their company but the entire day before they came was full of thoughts of my poor baby. I know the pain will pass and I will remember him with joy eventually but it's just hard to get over the fact he was so young and neither he nor I had any control over his condition. I e-mailed the vet today to make sure he passed in peace (I couldn't handle being there for that) and I received a very wonderful and personal reply from the tech that took care of Turbo for most of his time there. It was sad but very kind, she said the entire staff loved him and many of them cried. The nice posts and kitty gifts we've received from all of you here are appreciated, thanks again smile
[notify]

Penny

Cat about town.

Purred: Thu Jul 28, '11 1:49am PST 
I don't wish to make any negative sounds at all, please know this is only meant in the best and most loving manner. Have you thought of getting Turbo's sister checked for the same problem? Just in case?

In the mean time, Penny, Sheldon and Momma will be thinking of you and purring and praying often.
[notify]

Alex (sweet- angel girl)

Angel on a- mission!

Purred: Thu Jul 28, '11 8:14am PST 
You're so welcome. It's such a help to have others to talk to who REALLY understand this pain. Not just give you false condolences. I think it will really depend on if you're the one who's ready for another kitty or not. I never wanted another pet EVER after losing Alex. It devastated me to the point of major depression and I never wanted to go through that pain again. Unfortunately I didn't have a say in it. Alex sent me not one but two little buggers to give a home to. I said no numerous times but finally gave in, I was too lonely. If it's meant to be that you open your heart to another little one, Turbo will send him or her to you. You'll know it. And on the positive side, watching two little kittens playing together is great medicine for being sad! big grin
[notify]

Purred: Thu Jul 28, '11 9:29am PST 
Penny, that is not negative at all, I have actually been considering that very issue. Tigger is going in for her next vaccinations next week (was a little sad to cancel that appointment for Turbo) and I plan to ask my regular vet if he thinks it is a good idea to test Tigger. I'm actually sort of afraid to do it, if she has the same issue she will have the same result frown I will definitely get her check though if my vets thinks she is at risk.
[notify]

Purred: Thu Jul 28, '11 9:38am PST 
Alex, I agree this is a great place because it is full of understanding cat lovers. I worked a full shift on Tuesday before we went to the vet and the made painful decision and it was on my mind all day. My only two co-workers who are also pet lovers were off that day, the few other co-workers I even mentioned the situation to either made a joke about it or barely even cared.

I'm sorry for your loss, it sounds like Alex meant the world to you. I'm glad Alex sent you new caretakers smile I lost a 10 year old male in April, it was also hard but he had been sick off and on for about six months, he passed in the care of my vet although it was sudden. He also left a sister, Pumpkin but she is more of a loner, although she noticed his absence she transitioned fairly easily. I think we will get Tigger a new playmate, she seems to sleep a lot more now that she has no one to play all day with. I guess we'll do what you said and see what happens, we'll find a new addition when the time is right, it will work itself out. Thanks again for the sympathy and support everyone smile
[notify]

Benny Grunch- & Jimmy Dean- ILM

Brothers - Together Forever

Purred: Thu Jul 28, '11 10:45am PST 
Glad we could be of comfort to you and your family. After Tigger is checked out, and the vet tells you she is free of the condition that took Turbo, you could look for another kitten. And do't worry, you are not "replacing" Turbo, just giving another kitten a loving, furever home.

I lost four cats all at once in Hurricane Katrina (three of them were littermates, only four months old. Other cats have come into my life and helped me to heal. Joining CATSTER was the best, as when I first posted my story I got so many kind messages of understanding and support. It does help that we are all cat (and animal) lovers, and know what a big part of your heart pets have.

Keep us posted, and when a new kitty adopts you, we can't wait to see he/shes photo and welcome them to CATSTER.

The New Orleans Kittieshug
[notify]

(Page 1 of 5: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5