GO!

"Putter" is now a "Sugar Angel" needs sparkly wings please

Whether a cat dies, is lost or stolen, or must be placed in a new home, this is the place to gather together to give and receive love and support when you experience the loss of a beloved cat.

Putter

I- ammmmmmmm......D- A PUTT- MONSER!!!!

Purred: Thu May 26, '11 8:53pm PST 
My wonderful kitty, "Putter" went on to heaven on May 21, 2011. He was a diabetic kitty, otherwise known affectionately by my husband and I as "Da Sugar Kat". He was diagnosed last year in August, we have been checking glucoses at home sometimes every 2 hours for a curve and giving insulin every 12 hours. He was doing so very well, his glucose numbers were good, he seemed great.
On the evening of the 20th he seemed a bit quiet so I checked his glucose, great number. But he just wasn't himself, very quiet and staying in his bed. He was very active and an extremely talkative cat so when he was quiet I knew he was not good.
He did not want to sleep with his brother and just wanted to be alone. I panicked right away thinking his glucose had to be off but with checking his numbers every hour he was ok in that area. Something else was very wrong. I took him to our Vet immediately. His kidneys had completely shut down, the values had been good and he was not pu/pd, no vomiting, not dehydrated, I was floored.
He was dying in my arms, I helped him get his "Sugar Sparkle Wings" at 11 am on May 21st.
I am so upset, we had such a bond especially over the last year dealing with his diabetes. I would do it all over again, the testing, the insulin, the special raw foods, listening to him tell me exactly when he needed whatever he wanted, his waking me up at 3 am every morning to make sure I was asleep.
He was such a trooper and taught me so much dealing with diabetes.
If someone could please give him some very sparkly wings I would greatly appreciate it, some sugar sparkle wings, he could lick them and not get that dreaded glucose spike we so hated.
My dog Gunner, was there waiting when Putter arrived. Gunner has Da Big Boy Golden Wings and was very impressed when Putter unfurled his Sugar Sparkle Wings, Gunner had to run for his Doggles.
Thank you for reading about Putter.little angel
[notify]

Jackson - 9/2007-5/201- 1

Missed so much

Purred: Fri May 27, '11 4:44pm PST 
I'm so sorry for your loss. Ironic how these little kitties can bring us so much joy, then so much heartache...
[notify]

Tink the Cat

Never met a- mouse I didn\'t- bat!

Purred: Fri May 27, '11 5:03pm PST 
We're SO sorry that Putter is gone from your loving grasp. Of course, so many of us here know what it's like and how bad it really is. Our thoughts and purrayers are with you in this difficult time. Luv, Tinkkitty

Putter:little angel
[notify]

Alex (sweet- angel girl)

Angel on a- mission!

Purred: Fri May 27, '11 5:11pm PST 
Boy do we understand. I was my mommy's soul kitty. It's devastating to lose us. It really is. Sweetie I'll get in touch with a friend here on Catster that does beautiful wings and have her pawmail you okay? It might not happen right away but she's in the UK so there's no holiday weekend there. hug
[notify]

Alex (sweet- angel girl)

Angel on a- mission!

Purred: Fri May 27, '11 5:16pm PST 
Jackson I didn't know you recently passed away too. You have it listed on your page though as May 36, MOL. You might want to change that. We're so sorry sweetheart. hug
[notify]

Tigger

Knead softly &- carry a big purr

Purred: Sat May 28, '11 8:05am PST 
So sorry Putter. We send many hugs & purrs to your family. Fly free with your sparkly sugar wings
[notify]