GO!

Nikki passed away

Whether a cat dies, is lost or stolen, or must be placed in a new home, this is the place to gather together to give and receive love and support when you experience the loss of a beloved cat.

Nikki- I miss U- 5/17/2010

Sweet and gentle

Purred: Thu Feb 10, '11 12:13pm PST 
Nikki who had just turned 20, whom i had since she was 8 weeks old died this past June 17th... I know it was awhile ago but it hurts too much to talk about it..
I tried to provide the best care , best vet, spent $$$. She was hyperthyroid, given high dose of tapazole which affected the kidneys, liver, etc.. Vet had her on IV for two days in his office. First day she seemed ok, second day i walked in and found her dying.. It was a horrible experience and traumatic. I was not given the option to put her to sleep and vet made me think she would get better, I will regret letting her stay with him on IV for the rest of my life.. I always though she would die peacefully not suffering. I have not come to terms with it.

I adopted a new cat named Theo, hes a black and white tuxedo.. He makes things happy, but I'll always miss Nikki and feel so bad about what happened.
[notify]

Tink the Cat

Never met a- mouse I didn\'t- bat!

Purred: Thu Feb 10, '11 1:07pm PST 
Please don't second-guess yourself about this - it's just a form of self-torture. We do the best we can with the information we have. I work with animals & one of the hardest parts is that they cannot tell us where they hurt or if they feel worse. I am SO sorry you lost your beloved baby. Let your new one comfort you - you are now saving his life! It sounds like Nikki had a wonderful, blessed life OF 20YEARS with you, and now a new one has the chance for that as well! way to go prrrrp, Tink
[notify]

Alex (sweet- angel girl)

Angel on a- mission!

Purred: Thu Feb 10, '11 2:05pm PST 
Believe me I know how you feel. Alex died in the car on the way to the ER. It was absolutely horrible and I wished I had just left her on my bed to pass away peacefully. She woke up okay that morning but came down with a pancreatic infection that afternoon. By 8:30 pm she was gone and I didn't have a chance to say goodbye or hold her in my arms as she passed. We were stuck on the highway and I was crying and freaking out because I could hear her dying. I'll also never get over that. Please take care of yourself or the guilt of that experience will eat you alive. Don't let it, we can't change anything and if we could we both know we would in a heartbeat. Life is full of these moments and it's tough to get through them. Coming here to talk was a good idea. People understand how you're feeling. So sorry for your loss. hug
[notify]

TIA SYDIBIL

STILL WATERS RUN- DEEP

Purred: Thu Feb 10, '11 6:02pm PST 
We are so sorry for the loss of your Nikki. Remember that she is healthy now and not in pain.

She sent you Theo to love.

hughug
[notify]

Athena (In- Memory)

Purrs and Love

Purred: Thu Feb 10, '11 7:13pm PST 
Perhaps the vet was hoping Nikki would pull through, but Nikki felt it was time to go to the Bridge. We all think we are prepared for our furchild's passing, but we never are.

Beautiful Nikki is watching over you from the Bridge ... until you meet again.

Purrs and Love,
Athena
hug

Mr. Big- (Angel)

1993-2010

Purred: Sun Feb 13, '11 5:39am PST 
Nikki seems like she was a great cat, and I do not blame you for being sad that she died. Mr. Big died back in March 2010 and I still miss him. I miss the way he would never stop purring his loud, smooth purr, and headbutt you several times while I groomed and pet him. A relative of mine misses him too because she likes how he just sat on her lap and purred and purred. He died of natural causes, but we knew he was in pain because he was having urinary track problems, losing weight, and possibly some kind of diabetes. His veterinarian put him on a special diet because of the UTI.
Again I'm sorry about what happened. But remember that she is in a happy place to live nowadays.

Purrs,
Mr. Big
[notify]