GO!

Fire & Flood

Are you a fan of Catster? Share what you love best about the most pawsome cat site ever! We think you're pawsome too!

If you would like to request a new feature or enhancement for the site, please contact Catster Support by way of the Contact links located at the bottom of each page on Catster.

Tigger

Knead softly &- carry a big purr

Purred: Wed Jun 27, '12 2:11pm PST 
we did post this in the Plus section, but I know quite a few Plus members that changed membership.
Been thinking of all our friends - hope no one is affected by the awful forest fires in the West, or by the terrible flooding in Florida. Please check in if you are in either area & let us all know you are ok. Worried about y'all.
[notify]

Alice Giroir- - ILM

Say it- Loud.....I\\\'m- Orange and- I\\\'m

Purred: Thu Jun 28, '12 10:04am PST 
Here in the greater New Orleans area we are not having any weather problems, but we purr and pray every day for all the humans and animals affected by the
Fires in Colorado and Flooding in Florida and for the safety of the firefighters battling the blaze. We know what it is like to loose everything (our meomwy lost her house, beloved cats and everything she owned in Hurricane Katrina. Our local paper had a photo of an entire neighborhood burning in Colorado....it made her cry, as she knows how it hurts to loose everthing. No matter how advanced we humans think we are, Nature is always more powerful.

The New Orleans Kitties big hug
[notify]

K Kato

Don't bother me- if I'm hunting

Purred: Tue Aug 28, '12 2:40pm PST 
I live in Idaho where over 1 million acres have burnt this summer. Lucky, there have been some losses from fires. lives that have been lost are the firefighters; I think 2 have been kill fighting the fire and several others injured. One town in eastern Idaho lost around 100 homes. I believe there are 11 fires still burning aand will continue to burn until rain or snow this winter. By doing a burn out they have been able to save the 4 remaining structures in a ghost town, Rocky Bar. Two small vacation towns had the main part of the fire burn out near the towns.
cheercheercheercheer
it has been hot be we are still under a fire watch and thunderstorms. This area could used the moisture falling on southeast coast.
Golden sunbeams of furriendships are head your way. Kato hug
[notify]

Tigger

Knead softly &- carry a big purr

Purred: Tue Aug 28, '12 4:02pm PST 
sending purrs to all those in the path of this hurricane. Be safe, and let us know you are ok when you can...purrs
[notify]

Kiki

You... Treats...- Now...

Purred: Thu Aug 30, '12 7:24am PST 
We are in MS. We're all alright after Issac. Momma only had one small branch down in her yard. Others were not so lucky. We will be sending purrs their way.
[notify]

K Kato

Purred: Thu Aug 30, '12 2:51pm PST 
Prayers for all those in Isaac's path. I have a lot of friends in the region. Glad some of them are checking in.
Here in the fires, residents of the small towns evacuated have been allowed back into their homes. The burnt out was successful. The fires will burn until rain or snow in Oct or Nov as they are burning in a wilderness area. wave
May & June the fires burn mostly sagebrush & grass lands; now they are burning in the mountainous areas. relievedflowers
[notify]

K Kato

Purred: Thu Aug 30, '12 2:51pm PST 
Prayers for all those in Isaac's path. I have a lot of friends in the region. Glad some of them are checking in.
Here in the fires, residents of the small towns evacuated have been allowed back into their homes. The burnt out was successful. The fires will burn until rain or snow in Oct or Nov as they are burning in a wilderness area. wave
May & June the fires burn mostly sagebrush & grass lands; now they are burning in the mountainous areas. relievedflowers
[notify]

K Kato

Purred: Fri Aug 31, '12 2:00pm PST 
I thought some may be interest to know and black ear club was rescue from the Halstead Fire burning in the center of Idaho. Her feet are badly burned. no sign of mamma bear after a search for her. The Bear is currently with IFG vet. The bear was named BooBoo. The national media has pick up the story. cheercheercheer The cub has a long road for recovery.cloud 9cloud 9
[notify]